1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

lol tight pants guy

1 person likes this.
  2. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Former tight pants guy checking in

3. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

I've been wearing less skinny jeans and more new standards, or just wool pants with a straight leg, think it looks better a lot of the time.

4. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Same pair of 514s all day errday for last 2 years

1 person likes this.
  5. Jazsi

Jazsi Member

Long time skinny wearer checking in.

Since I've lost weight (and gone from a 34" to a 30), I've noticed that wearing slim/straight trousers actually look decent on me now. Used to look like I was wearing a dress in 34"s with my tiny 5'9 legs.

6. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

genetics are a bitch. i have a 6'10.5 wingspan and super long clavicles, naturally split bi's and calves which are good, a huge natural v and insane lats but no thickness to my chest, no depth to my back and my hamstrings are more like butcher's twine. my waist is relatively narrow but i only have 4 visible abs even the one time i got down to 6.5% bf

7. jarude

jarude Senior member

[​IMG]

set of these for 50 bux. another kijiji win, not another smith-machine-and-400-lbs-of-plate-for-300 bux win, but good enough

8. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

Yeah, but we already established that you were the SF skinny pants guy brah.

9. Van Veen

Van Veen Senior member

Yeah I bought some Brooks Brothers Red Fleece chinos (7.5" leg opening) a few months ago and I barely wear them. I feel like extreme taper gives a feminine silhouette to guys with thick upper thighs. Luckily I only paid $26.

Just bought some BB mainline "Clark" fit (8.5" leg opening) and they work much better on me.

10. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

lol I just realized I'll be in Austin watching the F1 race in a VIP Skybox on the day of that meet. Oh well, that's way better than being in a sweaty room with a bunch of dudes wearing a singlet. 2014 year of the bodybuilding then.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
  11. tylerrrr

tylerrrr Member

My guess would have to do with the numbers game...I'm 26 and in dating, recruitment, weightlifting and scheduling everyone believes me when I give them numbers. I rarely have a good conversation outside of the box anymore. I've had to talk numbers 31 times today.

12. tylerrrr

tylerrrr Member

13. Van Veen

Van Veen Senior member

IMO this has to do with the whole "manly" hipster craze going on right now, at least in how its been embraced by Reddit neckbeards and other young nerds looking to make themselves feel better about themselves and feel more attractive to women. I know a guy who 8-10 years ago was full on metrosexual, fauxhawk, "going out" shirts, shitty Kenneth Cole square toe shoes, etc. Now he has a full blown Duck Dynasty beard, an undercut hairstyle, retro glasses, and competes in Strongman.

The correlation is bodybuilding / training for aesthetics = metrosexual; powerlifting / training for strength = manly. Hell, the Starting Strength people even go so far to say, "Training for performance makes you a man. Training for aesthetics makes you gay." (source)

I think that's why Crossfit has caught on. It makes people believe they are doing it to be functional, when in reality they are there to get a nice body.

1 person likes this.
  14. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

Good lifting sesh today.

Back/Chest and a tiny bit of abs/bi's

4 sets of each of these in supersets.

Pullups
    Incline press machine

DB Row
    DB Press

Pec Dec flyes
    Seated Rows

Then some cable reverse crunches and db curls. supersetted 3 sets each.

Feels great. Tomorrow will be shoulders, legs, and tiny bit of tri's and abs.

Trying to get up to doing 4-5 workouts a week where I hit every body part twice for 24ish sets each. If I can get 4 workouts in a week and skip a dedicated arm day, then that's totally fine with me. I'll swim for a day or two a week instead. Maybe I'll do arms or some core work after.

Doing a bro-ish cut for the next few weeks to try to get them abs. Was doing half decent but vacation was nuts. I really need to dial in my diet. I've been drinking booze and eating too much dessert.

15. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

no shit, that's exactly what I wrote

16. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

1 person likes this.
  17. Van Veen

Van Veen Senior member

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  18. fuji

fuji Senior member

I find it so weird how people think eating like 1 food is going to make them healthy, this came up on my fb

"Just drank my first cup of home made Matcha tea. Cant say it was the best. The lumps were hard to swallow, but downed it like a shot of tequila (with the same face at the end). Bring on energy and healthy living."

mate you drank some green fowl tasting shit, nothing magic is going to happen. It's like all women posting about chia seeds.

19. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

The Hulk! The red and grey one!

Juicing totes!

Wore Kr3w slim fit through out college trying to pull some scene/indie/rocker chicks. Yerrr...Use to hXc dance too...[​IMG]

Dat ass in purple...

20. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

"We educate our kids that becoming a badass means having a huge squat and deadlift, big ass and hamstrings, and thick erectors."

:uhoh: :paranoia: :hide: :rotflmao:

Last edited: Jun 24, 2014