Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Prada_Ferragamo

Prada_Ferragamo Senior member

And his feet are pointing outward. Overall that's a bad form or noob form.

2. Prada_Ferragamo

Tomorrow is my off day. I am going to do some light cardio though.

Going to dunkin donuts tonight in preparation for cheat day. I am craving carbs right now after a week of eating minimal amount of carbs.

3. Gradstudent78

Gradstudent78 Senior member

from the looks of the picture and how there's no pins, I don't think he was doing rack pulls. most likely romanian deadlifts.

Yeah, that could be right based upon the pictures.

4. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Tomorrow is my off day. I am going to do some light cardio though.

Going to dunkin donuts tonight in preparation for cheat day. I am craving carbs right now after a week of eating minimal amount of carbs.

enjoy! I just started mine. [​IMG]

is it weird that before the first bite of my food on a cheat day, I picture a racetrack announcer saying "aaaaand we're off!"

5. Prada_Ferragamo

I know I'll feel disgusted at the end of tomorrow night, but I don't care. I need sugar. [​IMG].

6. ramuman

ramuman Senior member

I'm sorry to hear that.. also, I feel sorry that your gym has those hex plates. I HATE doing deadlifts with those things.
    Yeah I never got the point of them except for the fact that they don't roll...but is that ever a problem? Either the weight is racked or some douchebag before you left 18 plates on the leg press. Either way...why have hex plates? Gym is my college gym and is generally decent. Plus, I'm forced to pay for it anyway, might as well use it.
    He was doing rack pulls: http://stronglifts.com/how-to-perfor...lls-technique/
    from the looks of the picture and how there's no pins, I don't think he was doing rack pulls. most likely romanian deadlifts.
    And his feet are pointing outward. Overall that's a bad form or noob form.
    It looks like it was some combination of this. He would lift the weight off the pins, stagger back and do some sort of deadlift but only went down to the height of the pins...but obviously onto them. I'm not sure what that was called. [​IMG] Also, any justification for the guys benching? That makes zero sense to me. I've seen guys used boards to work through some trouble zones, but these guys were doing a light weight and doing literally only the lift off.

7. Prada_Ferragamo

Also, any justification for the guys benching? That makes zero sense to me. I've seen guys used boards to work through some trouble zones, but these guys were doing a light weight and doing literally only the lift off.

I know a few guys who do that. I'll ask next time.

8. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

am i the only one who thinks the covert taking of pictures for internet shaming is just a little bit creepy?

9. Prada_Ferragamo

One thing that pisses me off the most at my school's gym is a bunch of freshmen would come in, take up all the space and do dumbbell curls while swinging their bodies. Then they flex in front of the big wall mirrors. [​IMG] I almost punched someone in the face today for moving my shit without asking me when I was resting. I am usually polite and let people work in if they just ask.

10. Prada_Ferragamo

am i the only one who thinks the covert taking of pictures for internet shaming is just a little bit creepy?

You are the only one.

11. Gradstudent78

Gradstudent78 Senior member

It's a little creepy, but thats the world we live in now :).

12. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

He was doing rack pulls: http://stronglifts.com/how-to-perfor...lls-technique/
    That seems like literally playing "just the tip" Why not go for the full motion ---------------------------- Did shoulder shit today, pain in my shoulder blade. Not feeling these constant little sprains and injuries, I think I'm making gains to fast for my joints to keep up. Oh well we'll see what happens

13. Prada_Ferragamo

rack pulls allow you to focus more on your lower back.

14. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

sweeeet dood
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

15. Prada_Ferragamo

I was watching this earlier today before I went in.