1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Tigerprawn

Tigerprawn Senior member

Doing a little personal recap of my two years with RHET... Time flies by and looking back puts shit into perspective for me. Evolving goals, changing of priorities, ups and downs, it's all record via RHET and pretty much nowhere else except for conversations with my friends. RHET FEELS.

http://www.styleforum.net/t/156289/random-health-and-exercise-thoughts/29670#post_6377274

2 years ago

150lbs

Max Squat - ~285lbs
    Max DL - 335
    Max Bench - HORRIBLE ~155

1 year ago

175-180lbs

Max DL 445
    Max Squat 355
    Max Bench 215

Today

150-155lbs

Max Squat - 325
    Max DL - 425
    Max Bench - 225

Feel better and look better now at 150 than I did previous and also feel a lot stronger even on this cut. Since the beginning of March I dropped from 170-175 to 150-155. A few more lbs and I'll work my way back up slowly and hopefully get back to my previous PRs and then some. RHET has been good to me and hopefully this coming year I'll be able to push harder than before. Thanks for the support RHET.

Current progress pic

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 18, 2014
    5 people like this.
  2. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Great progress. 175 is your fighting weight.

3. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

I put 6% away (Which is what I've got matched at 7%) and everything else in savings for a rainy day. I recently got a promotion which gave me a 15% raise but my lifestyle has stayed pretty steady.

I feel like I should be socking more away but my dad says not to worry about it and he's pretty good with money stuff.

4. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

If you save at a steady rate for 40 years, half of your eventual net worth will be what you put away in the first 2-3 years of saving, assuming historical US stock market returns. Don't listen to your dad.

Personally, I max out the roth, get my match on the 401(k) and put the rest in taxable index funds. I'm holding some google that I bought @ $800 but haven't seen any other companies I'm dying to get in on.

1 person likes this.
  5. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

Yeah I spazzed and jumped out of the market too early. Had hear returns then though. Sadly has a bunch of life shit happen where I needed the cash pronto. So it goes.

6. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

I Opened up a Roth and put the maximum in, then opened up a individual account which goal is to be a nice down payment on a house in 4 years (even though I don't want to buy a house, and like renting, but I figured that is a decent goal). Was sorta easy after the general guidance today. My retirement date is 2050, got a lot of livin to do. I took a look at what I woulda lost at 2009 and sorta shat a brick.

7. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

You'd have it back and then some though. Real estate is a terrible investment for the most part, but at the same time it's really nice having a place that's your's. Just don't sink your whole net worth into a house.

8. tylerrrr

tylerrrr Member

Are you seriously taking the time to learn the movement before moving up in weight? Way to go. I thought I was in a place to give advice, now my advice on deadlifts is I wouldn't get distracted by others progression or advice because circumstance is everything. The guy who confused me the most at my gym did snatches every single day, with precision and relaxed motions, and within two years, this focused individual was snatching 375 lbs. Priority is everything.

9. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Yea you should def cook for her. I have for wifey, she loves it. Gonna be rough now that I'm gonna be working too.

Ummm.... well over 200. I think I could retain that strength at ~190-195 lbs. They are dead stop rows though, but I have pretty good bar speed now.

10. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

True, here's vid of me doing some light weight just to get the form down. I've taken in what I've learned from different tutorial videos on how to dead lift: Butt not to high, not to low, feet shoulder width apart, hands out side of the stance, keep the back flat and keep neutral spine, drive with the knees first, and when the bar passes your knees, drive with your hips to stand up, keeping your shoulders down, squeezing your gluts, and reverse to finish.

Are my hips too low during the set up? I was told to keep the weight in your heels and drive with your heel into the ground. But when I do that, I tend to keep my hips lower.

[​IMG]

11. tesseract

tesseract Senior member

I made 950 dollars today short selling my favorite ETN and 250 at work. 1200 in one day is pretty good for a 26 year old.

12. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

You can also hire Dan to coach you online (dunno if he's taking any new guys at the moment). Brandon was doing Dan's standard template pretty closely the first time around. Now he's doing a fairly customized version of it.

Also regarding doing the power lifts, every day usually starts with the lift you do in competition followed by close variations as assistance work. Then a few sets of back stuff, arm stuff, or whatever.

13. Cool The Kid

How is all that food on the 7th day? I find that meat gets pretty nasty after 3 or so days.

1 person likes this.
  14. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

I make pulled pork or pulled chicken and freeze it, so it holds up well. It also so damn easy to make on its own and in huge amounts and split into equal servings. I just throw some chicken breasts in the slow cooker along with the spices and bbq sauce and let it cook during the whole sunday.

I think most cooked food holds up pretty well in the freezer, but maybe a steak or whole chicken breast would get a bit dry. I know you can freeze cooked rice and store it for like 5 months in the freezer.

15. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

Slow cooker is the bomb for that.
    I do the same thing, except I cook 5-6lbs on the sunday. With stock and simple spices (that way I can add whatever to it pretty easy and won't be a weird combo of flavours). Then my breakfast is a frittatta that I cook on sunday night. 8 eggs, 2 cups whites, 6 chicken sausages, 1lb grassfed beef, peppers/capsicum and onions. Gives me 5 breakfasts at about 60g protein, 25g good fat and minimal carbs. Means I only have to cook breakfast on weekends and with all that chicken I usually only have to worry about making 1 meal per day, and if I'm too lazy I can just have more chicken or a shake.

1 person likes this.
  16. Cool The Kid

Hmmm this is an idea. I freeze chicken raw and bake it with seasoned bread crumbs. Works for me but it only works fresh... crust gets soggy as shit after a day in the fridge. Maybe I will try baking the chicken and then freezing it, though I'm not sure how it would thaw.

I have a slow cooker as well so I will give that a try. It is very slow though, wifey says it doesn't cook at all supposedly.

17. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

18. Crat

Crat Senior member

Squats as of late. Thoughts on form?

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

19. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

Yeah. Just saute the peppers, onions with some garlic (usually with grass fed butter, sometimes coconut oil). Then add the sausage and beef. Once it's cooked I just pour it into a bowl filled with the beaten eggs and whites and salt and pepper. Pour all of that into a pie dish type thing and bake it at 400 for about 25mins. Easy and it's pretty delicious. And since it's so straight forward it's pretty easy to adjust macros and figure it all out.

20. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Crat - It looks better than last video and that video looked better than the last one. Keep up the good work, keep that chest up a bit more too imo.
    video don't work.

1 person likes this.