1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. LeeroyDaBoy

LeeroyDaBoy Senior member

2. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

Yeah, I think of all athletes, rowers have the best looking bodies. I rowed for a bit in college and know a lot of the men and women on the team and they were by far the best looking athletes on campus.

Erging is boring as shit though. Find a movie or something to watch while you erg.

Also, learn proper technique. People are awful at the movement. I can't watch people erg in the gym because it looks god awful.

3. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

No, nothing special at all aside from it's a good, maybe the best, RD program in the state and she will be able to get the in-state tuition rate.

I think it's both. Just seems like she's throwing out excuses rather than giving me solid reasons. I don't know why she doesn't get it, everyone I've talked to has said she's being unreasonable and has agreed with me. If I don't get into H/W then the matter is pretty much settled anyways. I'd prefer to live on the east coast and go to Columbia probably, but Chicago's cool. My focus is in manufacturing companies anyways, and I feel like while I'll probably make less money in Chi I'll be closer to business and cost of living is way less. Then again if I start my own firm in 5-10 years it doesn't really matter as I'll be making bank either way.

I'm already getting shredded brah, gimme another 15 lbs and I'll post some homopix for you. Just trimmed my body hair and lookin pretty good ;)

Also, for cardio, wtf is the point unless you've got heart issues and/or are getting older. I started biking/walking a ton more to save gas money so why not just do that?

Last edited: Jun 13, 2014
  4. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

That's how I feel. If you live an active normal life than you really don't need to do cardio. If you are a complete shut in that watches full metal alchemist all day on the computer, then get outside instead of going to the gym to do cardio. That's just normal general health, of course if you're an athlete who needs to be conditioned or are on a cut then yea, you'll have to do cardio.

5. ridethecliche

I mean, I like not feeling out of breath after walking up a couple flight of stairs.

6. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

I just started biking and walking everywhere. I just noticed so far this year, six months in, I've only put 1,800 miles on my car.

7. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

Dang, time traveling burn.

Anyways no you don't have to do cardio on a cut. At least I haven't had to yet and when I posted here a couple weeks ago about it everyone agreed.

1 person likes this.
  8. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

Ouch! Did you have a spotter? [​IMG]

I only do flat bench now. But my incline was always weaker than the flat. My decline wasn't as strong as the flat but it was way more easier because of the reduced range of motion.

Work the bag! It's fun, gets out aggression, and will keep you motivated to come back.

WTF...

9. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

I'm a full time student/stat at home dad. I live in the boonies and am finishing my degree online and through skype at the school I started at in Denver. I'm usually outside a good chunk of the day just running around with the kid but generally speaking I want to do "cardio" cos it helps work capacity, physique, heart health, recovery. I can't just "walk places" cos there isn't anything around me and I have no place to go. Preferably, I'd do weight-based cardio like prowler/sled work and complexes but I seem to have issues programming complexes into my training and the prowler does not work well around these parts.
    When I'm saying "cardio" I'm not saying I want to be a marathon runner, it would be 2, maybe 3, days a week for about 30 minutes max just for general health and for something to do.

1 person likes this.
  10. OccultaVexillum

I also really like Twix and Snickers (Snickerses? Snickers'?).

11. ridethecliche

Dear Rhet,

I'm sorry that I'm going to let you down, but I'm giving up le squats, even le frontsies, forevah. :/

Leg feels a bit weird today and not in the DOMS way. Lunges/split squats/leg curls, here I come.

Have access to a pool, so I'll start doing that a bit as well.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2014
  12. Sir Humphrey Appleby

Sir Humphrey Appleby Senior member

Swimming will pick your fitness up quickly and I found its good for getting rid of soreness too, probably the pressure of the water forcing the blood around the body. I tend to go swimming every couple of years for one or two months, get pretty damn fit from it and then the novelty wears off and I give up. I was going to go this week until they tried to charge me £5 for one hour :O

13. OccultaVexillum

I know swimming would kick my ass cos I am not a good swimmer. I just don't tell people that cos I'm from Sydney and was raised 5 minutes from some of the worlds best beaches.

14. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

+1 for cycling. I really miss the NYC parks though. Prospect Park, Central Park... literally perfect cycling training loops.

15. ridethecliche

That's pretty sad :/

16. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Whats sad?

17. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

Goddamnit rangers

18. Homme

Homme Senior member

Buy a skipping rope

19. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

Bros, my lat pull down went up!!!!!!!!!!! I hit 290, the full stack twice tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I took a video but after I was fatigued so my form was sloppy...Debating whether to post it...Cuz...you...know...

[​IMG]

20. Evolve

Evolve Senior member

^ Umm, good job, I guess. A 2 rep max on lat pulldown usually isn't something people brag/get excited about.

1 person likes this.