1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

Lifting vids or is it all just n00dz?

2. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

mostly dick pics bro you know how I roll

2 people like this.
  3. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

6 inches and always to the right

2 people like this.
  4. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

It's the booze. Slow down lol

5. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

You will most likely die.

Pork is the most disgusting tasting meat plain, but sooo good if you put some kind of sauce on it. wtf is up with that

Last edited: Jun 12, 2014
  6. Eason

Eason Senior member

Sweet baby Jesus, on my cut my workouts have become so fucking retardedly hard. If I have to rest 10 seconds between deadlifts reps on my work set, and rest like 6 minutes between squat sets, should I just lower the weight?

7. K. Nights

K. Nights Senior member

Can you lower volume instead?

8. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

maybe time for a cheat meal/refeed.

9. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

Mark, it's probably ebola. Those are your melting organs you're starting to shit out.

10. speedy4500

speedy4500 Senior member

FTFY

Also, you're obviously not porking correctly. Most people buy shitty commodity pork that has all the fat trimmed off. Get yourself a Berkshire rib roast from a real butcher leaving at least a half-inch fat cap, season with the basics (s&p, garlic, paprika, mustard, etc), sear outside, then finish at lower temp for 90-120 minutes. You will never look at pork the same again.

2 people like this.
  11. Eason

Eason Senior member

Dunno if cutting volume would help, since I'm already only doing 3 x 5 for squats and 1x5 work sets for deadlift.

12. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

ephedrine pre workout eason?

13. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

Did a 5x5 with 135 today. Felt pretty okay. I think that's a little too low for reps right now, so I'm going to switch to 4x10 with 85.

Proceeding cautiously.

14. Evolve

Evolve Senior member

^ Decently strong curls. Good job, bro.

1 person likes this.
  15. YoungM

YoungM Senior member

[​IMG]

My family is moving to NYC for a year, so I'm watching the house with a few friends - this is the gym we set up in a two car garage. Squat rack, adjustable bench, ~500lbs of bumper plates, and a DIY platform. We also built a tremendously fun 9 foot tall pullup bar out of 4x4 cedar which is chilling in the backyard.

Given my super-beta willpower and inability to cut, I decided to dreamer bulk to 225 first :foo: Currently like 215, and I overhead pressed 225 today, so I seem to be getting results.

1 person likes this.
  16. Evolve

Evolve Senior member

^ Height/bf/big 3?

17. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

Ok, so I did flat bench, military press, and lateral dumbbell flies today. Tomorrow, lat pull down and pull ups. Day 3, Dead Lift and Squats. Rinse and repeat for at least 2 months. Will report back with results. Just watched a bunch of Yo! Elliott vids with him talking about reaching down deep in your balls to do something with your heart...Wait, what?

18. Evolve

Evolve Senior member

Why not do one vertical pull and one horizontal pull? Pull-ups and lat pulldowns are essentially the same thing. I'd suggest some type of row instead of the pulldowns. Bb bent-over rows, t-bar rows, db rows, etc... take your pick.

1 person likes this.
  19. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

Hmmm, good idea. Well, I usually do pull ups at work and because they don't have a row machine, I usually end up burning out on pull ups after hitting a bit heavy on the pull downs. I guess I could do some bent over barbell rows after getting home. Thanks! So, what do you think of my routines for the other days?

My goal is to be able to dead lift around 450 lbs and squat 400 without gaining mass just strength. Is that doable? When I was hitting 320 on the bench, I was around 195 lbs. I don't mind being that big (height at 5'7") except I paid way too much $ for my slim fitting wardrobe. LOlZ How vein am I?!

20. Evolve

Evolve Senior member

I hear ya on that last part, lol. It's a legitimate concern. I'm currently mid 190s, 5'11". Cutting down to mid 180s. I had visions of doing a "dreamer bulk" to 220 or so, but once I got to around 205, my clothes were getting too tight... including an awesome full canvas MTM suit I dropped about $800 on at the end of last year, which I need for interviews and what not. So I decided to end the bulk prematurely and get back down to a healthier, leaner weight... a weight at which most of my wardrobe fits best.

It's amazing how big of a difference just 10 lbs. of bodyweight makes in how clothes fit. Maybe one day when I can afford two wardrobes, I'll get back into dreamer bulk mode. :laugh: