1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

How big is your garage? Shit fills up fast...

2. tesseract

tesseract Senior member

Your dream will probably come true sooner or later.

2 people like this.
  3. fuji

fuji Senior member

I would only do it to save time if your too busy to do it all at once or to push my accessory work harder because after a tonne of benching doing tricep extensions feel a little shit. Since your not enhanced I don't think you'd get any real benefit doing 2 actual workouts a day.

Pulled 190x3 beltless today, could probably have went for 5 it was really easy. 220 by the end of summer should be easy as fuck. Maybe 240 with a belt. Tweaked both hamstrings doing 40kg good mornings to the floor, feels bad man.

Last edited: May 15, 2014
  4. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Yea, two car garage. Bit larger than usual. Previous owner put really fancy cabinets in it because he had Shelby Cobra he wrenched on. Expecting the garage to mostly be a gym, all the stuff is from Rogue and that shit adds up quick. Pretty much squat rack, bars, dumbell set, plates, GHR.

Gotcha, yea makes sense.

5. fuji

fuji Senior member

Fuck how much did a dumbbell set cost? So jelly of that ghr, can't wait to get my tiny one for my room lol.

6. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

pics or negs

Here's my garage... :devil:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Rogue dumbell sets are like over $2k for up to 100lb

Only got a picture of one side of the garage, right side has a cool brick wall. I'm living on first floor, friend is living on bottom floor, and third floor is going to be guest spaces. Really excited for all this to happen, best friend started dating some rich girl and they came up and visited me. They liked the area so much she started shopping around for a mansion in the area. Thought for sure it was just talk and wasn't going to happen, but sure enough house is bought we have the keys. Moving in Sunday.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Is that a white Bronco VLSI? Can't tell.

9. fuji

fuji Senior member

Why would you spent $2k on some dbs? Just buy the adjustable ones man that's crazy. 100lb is a bit light too.

1 person likes this.
  10. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

My friend is a Strength and Conditioning coach, he got em because he's going to be training some clients in the garage. I was like yea sure sounds good to me.

11. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

The house you posted pictures of is still actively listed for sale.

Off-white, but yes. Going to sell it soon and buy a bike.

1 person likes this.
  12. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

You must be internet detective.

What year? Got more pictures? I like broncos. Not like I'm going to buy it, but want to see.

13. fuji

fuji Senior member

Found out myprotein makes cholestum or whatever that shit is called, which is like the milk cows make during their first day after giving birth. It's about $30 for 250g or something, which I think is fucking ridiculous. This is also the stuff in biogrow, which goes for about $60 for 90g. My mate who has suddently gotten into lifting and keeps sending me snap chats of his "progress" pics takes shit loads of biogrow. I told him to change to the off brand stuff

me:my protein is making cholstum now if you want to not spend bare money on biogrow
    like 20 quid for 250g of it

him: Bio gro is purer colostrum I checked before I got it. Most colostrum is pulled after 3 days bio gro uses the colostrum from cows in the first 24 hours so its much more concentrated

me: then just take more of the myprotein shit

him: Ease of use m8 I have one micro scoop compared to fuckin tons of the my protein stuff

I don't know how people get sold so easily on this stuff, it's just special whey protein your spending nearly a $ a gram on. It's about $25 a week for him to get an additional like 35g of protein, but its special because its magic milk wat.

1 person likes this.
  14. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

Fuji you gotta pick consistent mass and currency denominations man I can't follow your stories, it's like grams this and pounds that but dollars here and GBP there [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  15. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

@fuji , you should get your buddy to just go to a farm and get the milk straight from the teets of cows that just gave birth...

16. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

Tell him to buy a fucking cow it's cheaper in the long run those shit's will eat your fucking grass FFS, sell your mower to fund the purchase or raise some sub debt.

Also I think you should start sending him broscience to confuse him just for lulz

17. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

I've started giving my roommate good advice that sounds like broscience because he only believes me if it sounds like broscience.

5 people like this.
  18. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

The Ironmaster adjustable dumbbells are fucking amazing if you have limited space. My brother bought me the expansion kit for it, used it once, then joined a real gym lol

19. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

I know a guy who sometimes does 2x a day. According to him, you really have to up your carb intake if you want to be able to lift with any considerable volume and intensity. Many faster acting carbs between the sessions.

His approach to lifting is pretty cool. Started to lift a year ago. Immediately took the John Broz approach: lifting every single day with only compounds and moderate volume and high intensity. Daily maxing on squats, 5-10 back off sets + whatever other 3-5 movements like DLs, bench, chins, OL lifts. His squat has gone from 135 to 375 and about the same for DL. His bench is lagging but thats because he has changed to weightlifting.

Regarding super high freq for BB, I'm not so sure. Remember that video by RP about freq? Anyway, Mike Israetel believes 2-3 x a week freq for a muscle is optimal if pure muscle growth is the goal. It has to recover fully before you work the muscle again to get max growth. I don't know any BBers that do super high freq either. Some lift 7 days a week, but thats on split programs like P/P/L, so the freq is not high.

For powerlifting and weightlifting you seem to be able to work with very high frequency since technique is a huge part and practicing the lifts more often can be beneficial. Then, many of the session just have to be light enough to not tear you down.

20. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

Thinking about it, I just remembered that the result from the Norwegian frequency project on powerlifters was that the 6x a week group (twice the freq) gained not only twice as much strength in the squat as the 3x a week group, but also twice as much muscle on the legs. Both groups had identical volume over a week, the 6x a week group just split the working sets for the lifts over twice as many sessions.

1 person likes this.