• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random health and exercise thoughts

TeeKay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On easy rotations I work out 2h x 5d

On this one it's like 45min x 4d

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You don't need a 600+ DL to be past DYEL at most McGyms, I get bertstared pretty regularly with only 4 plates. Keep in mind they type of gym Chariy lifts at when you're considering what would impress him.

e: just don't be a phaggot who is all geared out with straps, crossfit socks and compression wear unless you're pulling at a competitive level.

Lol this is me, doing rows with 90kg today wearing straps and a belt. I don't want to think about anything except retracting my scaps when im rowing.

I'm 48" chest 36" waist, have you tried Sears? Lands End is great and made for fat people.

Mate, you literally said you had a negative drop about 3 months ago.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Lol this is me, doing rows with 90kg today wearing straps and a belt. I don't want to think about anything except retracting my scaps when im rowing.
Mate, you literally said you had a negative drop about 3 months ago.

I've been able to push upper body stuff for about 8 months now.

Tigerprawn

Reaction score

I wonder who has a higher total between Me VLSI and markl..
Never use straps man. I'm still double over handing. Wont stop that until I'm in the 400lb range, then hook grip because I've tried over under and it moves the bar bath out and makes me a bit more spilled over for some reason.

Funnily enough, I started using hook grip awhile back when I was given advice from Charlie over on sufu (which is pretty dead). Never looked back. I can comfortably hook grip up to 315 for reps, but anything in the 400lb+ range I gotta mix grip.

I don't see how you guys roll with that small of a leg opening. These are the two jeans I have in my rotation, I need something like a 9.5" leg opening or it's a ***** to get my calves through it.

Sugar Cane 1947 size 34

Iron Hearts Expensive something something 21oz

I guess it depends on how extreme the taper is from the knee down. I got love for the SC47s man. I had a pair for a very long time, but outgrew them with the quickness. Yours look pretty fuckin awesome.

Last edited:

MarkI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i use straps on my heaviest weights only and work out my grip with fatgripz

I was thinking about fatgripz as well, do they actually work or is it just a gimmick. Wanted to get them mostly to beef up my forearms.

I wonder who has a higher total between Me VLSI and markl..
Never use straps man. I'm still double over handing. Wont stop that until I'm in the 400lb range, then hook grip because I've tried over under and it moves the bar bath out and makes me a bit more spilled over for some reason.

Yeah like I said hesitant about straps, most likely will not do it, though I heard they are good for shrugs to isolate traps better. Can you describe hook grip?

As for totals, squat really puts me back, really need to up my game, but as for 1RM's Squat - 185, Bench - 225, Deadlift - 315 = 725

trust me this is small potatoes, especially if you're doing AM/PM training sessions. I have friends who train in the vicinity of total 4 hrs per day 6 days a week. They're competitive athletes though so maybe it's a bit different.

lifting twice a day would be ******* optimal though. too bad i'm not independently wealthy so there goes that idea.

That makes me feel better about things. If you were to do AM/PM how would you work it, different body parts or something?

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Never done 1rm but barring some sort of voodoo magic, the answer isnt me. Coldsbap, arent you like 200lb now? That's a solid size difference. Thought your squat would be pretty high by now?

MarkI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You talking to me V?

I honestly think i'd be squatting 250-275 for a 1RM by now if it where not for my ******* piriformis and sciatica issues. It's getting better though, probably at like 80%. I thought nerve flossing was a joke but trying it as per ColdSnaps suggestion it has really helped a lot

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I held squat at 45lb for a long time trying to nail form due to poor flexibility, but I coldn't hit depth. I can just barely break parallel now, get a sharp pain right in the hip joint on right side when I try to go lower... not sure what that indicates.

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've been able to push upper body stuff for about 8 months now.

So assuming your waist hasn't increased in size at all over 8 months even though your lower body lifts have gone up considerably then you've been increasing your chest measurement by 1.5" a month for 8 months whilst keeping your bench below 2 plates?

conceptionist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Feels bad Mark totals 75 pounds more than me when I've been lifting properly for over a year. I laid off squats for half a year though, didn't start benching until halfway in and I had to reset my DL completely twice.

The lifts are going up now at least, although not as fast as I'd like.

Last edited:

MarkI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Feels bad Mark totals 75 pounds more than me when I've been lifting properly for over a year. I laid off squats for half a year though, didn't start benching until halfway in and I had to reset my DL completely twice.

The lifts are going up now at least, although not as fast as I'd like.

Take solace in the fact that you've got aesthetics i'd kill for.

conceptionist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Filling out pretty nicely now from the calorie surplus and I don't seem to get any fatter at all while I've consistently added more cals. Will up even further as the progress is a bit slow on some lifts. Will upload some progress pics soon.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
ill bet half this forum has had plenty of 300lb snatch.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Yeah like I said hesitant about straps, most likely will not do it, though I heard they are good for shrugs to isolate traps better. Can you describe hook grip?

As for totals, squat really puts me back, really need to up my game, but as for 1RM's Squat - 185, Bench - 225, Deadlift - 315 = 725

It's a grip I mostly used for olympic lifting. It's sorta hard to explain, I'm sure someone on google does it well. You put your thumb bellow your middle finger and that's where the bar rests.

I got you pretty good on the deadlift and squat but I couldn't bench 225.

So assuming your waist hasn't increased in size at all over 8 months even though your lower body lifts have gone up considerably then you've been increasing your chest measurement by 1.5" a month for 8 months whilst keeping your bench below 2 plates?

Ah, just measured my chest. It's actually 43". Sorry, don't really take close measurements of this stuff. I recalled measuring my chest two weeks ago for a jacket and it was 48" but maybe it was a dream, where I actually have a decently developed chest.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads