1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

Yup. I hit 90 degrees and that's it.

2. fuji

fuji Senior member

180kgx8 on deads not touch and go. Dat 240kg deadlift, soon.

3. virus646

virus646 Senior member

Do you feel that dat potato starch have help your deadlift more than your other lifts?

4. gort

gort Senior member

I basically make sure my knees go past my hips if I am on a leg press.

5. fuji

fuji Senior member

I'm naturally a very good deadlifter, it's be far my best lift because I have very good leverages for it so I don't really know. In terms of the kg increase it has been the greatest, but percentage wise I think my bench has gone up the most. I could pull 180kg conventional pretty easily before I went on for maybe 1 or 2, but I couldn't even bench 100kg on flat bench and now I can rep it out easily. Squat I was probably getting about 150ish and now I'm on 180 and I can get 150ish for maybe 5-7 reps so that's been a big increase too. I've also trained upper body much more then lower body since going on, prop esters hurt like fuck espescially in virgin muscle so it took a few weeks before I could even do a body weight squat. I've squatted maybe 10x since going on and pulled maybe 5.

Last edited: May 1, 2014
  6. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

RHET brahs, need opinions.

Should I quit my entry level office job, which I absolutely hate, save for my coworkers, which makes it bearable. Job looks good on my resume, but the pay is dick, and the job just sucks.... also 2.5 hour round trip commute every day.

Or should I go work 4 days a week at the bar, make the same amount of money (all cash, no fucking checks and taxes), actually have fun with what i'm doing, spend the days at the beach and gym and doing whatever the fuck I want, and working nights? 10 minute bike ride from my place.

Only thing really stopping me is that the bar is only open a few months out of the year, i'd be out of a job by September, and everyone knows how hard it is to find a job nowadays

7. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

How old are, do you care about health insurance, benefits and such?

8. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

22, I don't get health insurance or benefits from this job, not even federal holidays off, no overtime. It's a shit job.

9. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

You're young enough to enjoy working in a bar and have some fun. I'd say go for it, I did something similar when I got outta school in the late 90s, I regret none of it. My only advice is have fun, but not too much fun, you're going to have to grow up to some degree at some point. Hell, I'm 34 and still have a hard time coming to the realization that I am a bonafide adult...

1 person likes this.
  10. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

This is pretty much my line of thinking...

11. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

Yeah go have a good time. Summer's meant to be rad.

Just deposit all your tips in the bank when you get them. Even if you take that money right back out it's clutch to have an idea of how much you're making.

12. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

Are you a graduate or a student? Is your current job a stepping stone to your future job?

13. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Do what you like. Fuck money, safety, and insurance. Some of the most high strung and miserable people I know have 401ks

14. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

You're telling him to fuck all these things as if he's been given this great opportunity at a start up where he could potentially make mad $$$$.

Reality: He's gonna be working at a bar for the summer and then unemployed thereafter.

15. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

I just ran the numbers and I'm saving significantly more than I thought I was (43% of pay to various investments). Kinda thinking I should maybe just get a nicer apt.

Mark the job sounds like it sucks, I'd say bartend but spend a few hours a week looking for something for the fall. Also try to save a fair bit in case you don't find anything right away.

16. js4design

js4design Senior member

This is the important question. If this current job won't help you move forward, then try something else. But jump ship so you can have a fun summer and fuck yourself in the process. Also, bartending can bring in more money than many other entry level jobs at your age - just make sure you don't put yourself in a position where you need all the money you have coming in, and are unable to take job that might pay less but will ultimately lead to better things. I'm in my early 30s and I've got a few friends going through that now.

17. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

Are you 16?

18. concealed

concealed Senior member

You say it looks good on resume, but most jobs that look good on a resume offer benefits and health insurance at least? If you hate the work and don't plan to stay in the field for 5-10 years, then fuck it, bounce. If you do, I would put in a couple more years and make the transition to a better position in the same field, one that offers health insurance and doesn't treat you like shit.

1 person likes this.
  19. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Do I need to take a break from bronkaid and caffeine? Been taking it pre workout 4 days a week for about 4 months now.

20. jarude

jarude Senior member

option two: quit your job, work at the bar, AND find a new job.

early twenties is when you can do this shit. you still have a solid five years until mid/late twenties when your career "should" be coming together. i spent 21-26 teaching swimming lessons in a private business, something that has zero carryover resume-wise to any career and i regret none of it.

you have the rest of your life to be a soulless desk drone. go forth and slay.

you cant be a bartender at 16 :teach:

1 person likes this.