1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Well-Known Member

45 mins of cardio everyday makes it not a BB routine, no?

2. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Well-Known Member

Diet is gonna be handled by RP.

Ah yes, that's the one thing I sorta second guessed in the program. I did ask for an old school bodybuilding program though and they did a shit ton of slow steady state cardio.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
  3. KingJulien

KingJulien Well-Known Member

Ok, thanks, I felt as though my back was straight but I'll take a video to check. @fuji - I might alternate between them every couple months or start doing both later, but my lower back has been bothering me so I am trying to be careful for now. My hips/glutes need more work at the moment anyway.

1 person likes this.
  4. speedy4500

speedy4500 Well-Known Member

All you guys with your fancy calorie counting. The only difference between eating while "bulking" and cutting for me is how much junk food I eat. Bulking = candy with lunch, candy after workout, and ice cream after dinner. Cutting = candy after workout only.

2 people like this.
  5. KingJulien

KingJulien Well-Known Member

6. jarude

jarude Well-Known Member

portion counting ftw. i cannot for the life of me calorie count for more than 2 days in a row.

1 person likes this.
  7. TeeKay

TeeKay Well-Known Member

Decided to go rock climbing followed by a jog so I could eat more food.

1 person likes this.
  8. TeeKay

TeeKay Well-Known Member

So this is from the show I'm doing this Saturday last year:

[video=youtube;F2NvdkareKw][/video]

Skip to about the 17:30 mark. Obviously the guy in the middle won.

9. TRINI

TRINI Well-Known Member

Why are they posing to death metal?

10. TeeKay

TeeKay Well-Known Member

I think maybe the dude who uploaded it put that on top?

11. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Well-Known Member

2nd dude's diet sucks, he should have won

12. TeeKay

TeeKay Well-Known Member

Which one? I thought if the guy second from the right had dieted for two more weeks he woulda taken it easily.

13. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Well-Known Member

I think the 2nd dude from the left has a better back/shoulders but the 2nd dude from the right poses better

Interesting to see what is competitive at the amateur level... I'm still a long ways away but this doesn't seem too out of reach

14. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Well-Known Member

I was just going to say...

His upper body is nasty. His vacuum pose with arms behind the head was sick.

15. TeeKay

TeeKay Well-Known Member

At small shows there's always guys that look like the ones at either end of that lineup. Usually there's only 1-2 who are actually stage-ready.

But it's so variable. Bodybuilding comps are more about who shows up than anything else. You can be as prepared as possible but if you get a strong showing you might not even place.

16. Tigerprawn

Tigerprawn Well-Known Member

Maybe just anxious? The moment you go into matrix mode and sit in the same position for a good full 2-3 seconds before nailing the rep or bailing does a lot to take away that anxiety haha.

17. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Well-Known Member

I dropped down to 330 and couldn't it 2x5, so I guess the answer was that I was going too heavy, due to losing strength from not squatting much over the past month or two. Fucking blows.

Good news is that my diet is finally on point, 2100 kcals/150g protein daily. Took forever but I'm finally getting in the swing of tracking my intake. Now I just need to drink more water and start taking creatine again.

18. fuji

fuji Well-Known Member

Watched jason blahas powerlifting meet and was surprised by how low his numbers were. Went 220/140/240 so 600kg total at whatever his body weight is. I think he's 242. This qualified him to compete in the british nationals or something. I can put up a 500kg total pretty easily. I can cut to like 198 or something in a few days. How to put 50kg on my total so I can compete in a national powerlifting competition for the lolz? It's untested too, why are british people so shit at powerlifting? Looked like it was just a bunch of fat Middle Ages chavs who liked lifting and gear, but didn't feel like ever dieting so they decided to justify it with powerlifting.

1 person likes this.
  19. MarkI

MarkI Well-Known Member

Only 2100 cals, and only 150 of them are protons? you're gonna die brah

20. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

I hate that guy, mainly because of the Layne Norton crap. And yeah, for someone who freely and seemingly proudly admits to being unnatural, he's pretty weak (for his size) and has a horrible physique. I know he doesn't necessarily train for aesthetics, but he's borderline DYEL.