1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Tigerprawn

Tigerprawn Senior member

How stretchy are they? I'm on the fence about re-ordering Outlier Climbers or just being satisfied with a cheaper alternative.

2. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

they're pretty stretchy, but still jean-like. They stretch out a bit more than i'd like after 4 wears but i should be washing them anyway.

3. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

TTS or size down? Might snag two for summer.

4. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

5. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

2 people like this.
  6. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

7. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Ah. Quads will never fit in those. Sugar cane 1947s forever, they even have a small waist for their size

8. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

9. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

In bodybuilding is mind muscle connection and fast eccentric slow concentric really important? Or is that just on lame machines?

10. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

Mind muscle connection is probably the most important thing in bodybuilding.

11. fuji

fuji Senior member

Well I can grab like 50lb dbs and flail around trying to get them to my shoulder height or I can use 15-20 and actually work my delts. Making the muscle you want to grow work is probably important for growing it.

12. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

Its a controversial topic, but I think there's some merit to it.

Mind muscle connection is about learning to work the right muscles for a lift. To actually utlize the lats in a dumbbell row, not just the arms and front delts, or to push a squat with your legs instead of reverting to a good morning and thus turning what for a bodybuilder should be a leg intensive lift to a lower back movement. You target growth in the muscle the lift is primarily supposed to work.

Time under tension is just about accumulating higher metabolic stress, damage to the muscles, in a given time frame (like a set or a whole workout).

Both are good tools in powerlifting as well.

On smaller accessory lifts where the goal is to cause hypertrophy, not directly work the numbers big 3 or versions of them, I believe you should focus on strict form and to work the right muscles. Like on lat-pulldowns, I don't go balls to the wall and swing my whole body just to pull more weight. If just hypertrophy is the goal, its enough to work with a moderately heavy load and perform it strict with the muscles its intended for, like pulling th bar down with mostly the lats, not with a huge swing.

Higher time under tension in powerlifting can be used to teach you which angles are the best for you in a lift so your technique gets better. If you do a 8 sec negative on squats, you have more control where to put your body in its best positions and you are going to do the movement as efficient as you can so you don't waste any energy on movements that make the lift harder. For instance, if you have a tendency to shift the weight to your toes on squats, a very slow negative can teach you to control yourself to keep the weight evenly on the foot and sit back.

Slow concentrics (positives or up) can teach you to push with equal force through the whole lift and to grind better. Some people sort of relax efter they get past their sticking point in a lift. By forcing yourself to have equally slow speed on the way up, say a 4 sec concentric bench, you can't bounce or just speed through the sticking point and then cruise to lockout.

3 people like this.
  13. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

That feel when it's 330 and you're out of calories for the day FUCK

3 people like this.
  14. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

[​IMG]

It's your only hope.

1 person likes this.
  15. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Ok gotcha. Thanks guys. Doing 8 months of not going under 8 reps. App bodybuilding, wont event be low baring.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
  16. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

Damn.

What's your daily intake at now?

17. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Right at around 2000. The progress just over the last week has been insane. I'm getting ab veins all over the place and my legs have really leaned out. Can't wait to see what I look like after a carb up and dried out.

18. robroy82

robroy82 New Member

Sorry to derail the thread (too late, I know), coldsnap, maybe because I don't have enough posts I can't PM? Anyways it was about an expired classified listing of yours. I tried resending my original message. If you don't get it maybe you can try to send me a PM and I'll reply.

Carry on..

1 person likes this.
  19. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

Weight hasn't really changed in the past month :/

20. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

This is relevant to my interests.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2014