• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random health and exercise thoughts

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score

RHET brahs I have a moral dilema, please critique my bobosian reason. I'm supposed to drive to amsterdam tomorrow with 3 mates, however one of them can no longer come. Hotel Room and ferry are already booked and it's going to cost the person who can't come about 300 quid. I've suggested that I bring another mate to take her place, but she says she'll only let someone take her place if they pay her for the hotel room (******* women logic at it's finest). Problem is I can't find anyone whose willing to drop 300 quid on a days notice so that 300 quid is just a historic cost and doesn't matter, she's loosing the money irregardless of someone coming or not. So basically I'm just going to bring a 4th person along and not tell her because if we don't have 4 people then we have to split travel costs 3 ways instead of 4 and I don't feel like paying a third more money. Is this immoral?

The standard practice in this situation is for the person who takes her place to split it with her and pay 150

Yeah, she'd be eating the 300 if noone came anyway, but on the other hand the person is getting a pretty good discount, and in the interest of courtesy...This way they both win

Anyway, that would seem fair to me.

Last edited:

Crat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have fun in A'dam Fuji and stay out of the Regulierdwarsstraat (unless going for cocktails at door 74). PM me if u want any specific tips for places to go.

As far as morality goes, 4th person sure, but last resort. Had similar dilemma once and we got 4th person on days notice for 150 quid which seemed fair. gain/loss @50% divided equally.

-edit-
only reading hendrix's post now. he beat me to it.

Last edited:

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks brahs. This has been considered I may ask him tomorrow. We are quite likely just going to get high, eat truffles and walk about. I have very little spending money so no cocktails or whores sadly. Obvs ill be hitting up the outside gym and make some gains. Greatly upset the museums cost money there. Also going to a beach and Antwerp for a bit.

Last edited:

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
how concerned should i be if i have an asymmetrical gait? my right foot naturally rotates outwards more when i'm walking, and i have to consciously bring in my right foot when i'm squatting. i have minor recurring hip irritation in that side that seems to be exacerbated by random squat sessions, so perhaps its related?

common sense is telling me i should just get on band abductor/adductor work and TKE's to ensure i don't track funny and not worry too much about it. what say you RHET

Last edited:

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I didn't dislike it i just thought it was somewhat hypocritical given the **** that gets flung all the time.

Who can read all of that ****? I don't read anything in WAYWT anymore. BB has never looked all that good in anything so I can't help but assume his entire post is about that given the two sentences I skimmed.

I<3Bacon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Should setup a RHET tinychat or Google Hangout so we can all ask each other if we even lift face to face.

Crat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lifting face to face seems somewhat off-putting.

Tmr last day at the gym where I started and have trained for several years now. Moving house. Will need to find new gym buddy.
Will probably do big 3 PR attempts as a farewell.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Gonna take my delicious pre-workout and go do my work out. Looking forward to some fun and healthy injury free squats, OHP, and DL.

(will post follow-up from amberlamps)

Last edited:

TehBunny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't understand the SW&D stuff since I'm usually just on the Aus thread.....also TLDR :)
Crat-Good luck on the Pr's; always sad leaving a gym buddy behind T_T
Eason- Good luck on your lifts too!

Thanks; never done T-bar rows (stupid; probably...) but bent over rows are regular, though I mostly end up with my low back getting tired half way through work sets without much being felt in the upper back(moreso then mid). I do them Pendlay style; should I do them Yates style or just add T-bar instead? Will also try face pulls tomorrow, lucky getting these answers as tomorrow is heavy pull day :)

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

how concerned should i be if i have an asymmetrical gait? my right foot naturally rotates outwards more when i'm walking, and i have to consciously bring in my right foot when i'm squatting. i have minor recurring hip irritation in that side that seems to be exacerbated by random squat sessions, so perhaps its related?

common sense is telling me i should just get on band abductor/adductor work and TKE's to ensure i don't track funny and not worry too much about it. what say you RHET

You should run that foot through some external and INTERNAL rotation tests, see how it fairs. If it's terrible you should prob do some band abductor/adductor stuff.

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Lifting face to face seems somewhat off-putting.

Tmr last day at the gym where I started and have trained for several years now. Moving house. Will need to find new gym buddy.
Will probably do big 3 PR attempts as a farewell.

This is such a sad feel. I remember when I left the first gym I joined which had all those hilarious people like "mr watts" in I used to post about, was legit devastated. Had to go to some poverty as **** commercial chain gym, where you had to pay for unnecessary stuff like insurance and a gym license.

Flame

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Normal for my btn press to be way weaker than my reg strict press? I can strict press 60kg for 3 reps, can't even get 40kg with btn. Also high rep btn work makes my traps sore?

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads