1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

That was pretty much what I expected.
    The situation is the same here but not for American cars (as they don't really sell well here, AFAIK), but for older european sports cars instead.
    You can get an used Maserati Quattroporte (one of my dream cars) for the same price as middle segment Audis or BMWs but the maintenance is gonna be sky high.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2014
  2. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Guys, if you just ignore the terrible interiors, everything made in the 80s, and almost everything made in the 90s and 00s, chevy really isn't that bad :(

Nothing can be more soul sucking than driving a camry.

Conceptionist, GM owns opel.

3. tesseract

tesseract Senior member

You can get a couple year old quattroporte for 70kish here. My girlfriends dad used to have one and now has the gt and the coupe drives so much better than the quattroporte.

4. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

GM is pretty shit right now. I have 0 faith in the company and would never support their cars or shitty business practices.

5. jarude

jarude Senior member

i will never ever ever ever ever ever own a bmw, audi, mercedes, etc. those things break down like no tomorrow and cost a shit-ton to fix. also, no one is impressed because you picked up a 5 year old beamer off a used lot for 15 grand.

1 person likes this.
  6. tesseract

tesseract Senior member

Yeah well good luck with that because the way they drive makes other cars feel like shit.

7. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Two cars I posted were USA made.. actually not the victoria, it's made outside the USA but that's a secret. I wouldn't mind owning a pre owned BMW but they are too expensive to work on for my blood. With the Crown Victoria I can go to any junk yard and there's guaranteed to be like 6 complete vics there.

8. jarude

jarude Senior member

reliability and efficiency > caring about a street car's performance. being able to accelerate quickly and corner better than a hyundai between stoplights on my way to the grocery store doesn't make my dick hard. not having to pay 5 grand for a routine repair that'd cost 1/5th of that on any other make does.

9. tesseract

tesseract Senior member

Being able to fix your own car like a man makes your point moot.

10. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

If I was rich I'd never crawl under a 5,000lb car on ghetto jack stands again

11. jarude

jarude Senior member

being a man who learned from his old man who's a mechanic makes your point moot. :teach:

im biased because i work for an aftermarket warranty company. bmw's in particular account for 10% of our sales and 20% of our claims costs; outside of the jacked up labour costs because of stupid minor shit that takes a million hours to get at, parts are just a pain in the ass to get at a decent cost.

there's also the issue of secondhand luxury car owners generally being ten-dollar millionaire assholes with an entitlement complex, but that's just because i deal with the cranky ones on a daily basis...

[​IMG]

here is an jetta-el-camino daddio and i chopped up. tdi of course

12. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

GM is not shit by a long shot, they have a couple decent offerings off right now... just stop being a girl and loading up your keychain with little plastic troll dolls :hide:

How much more expensive are policies though?

13. jarude

jarude Senior member

we base our pricing and program eligibility on model year/mileage, not make. its the same dealer cost for a bmw/hyundai/ford/porsche/whatever. i think thats kind of silly as dealers are no doubt charging greater retail to the customer because of the make, and all of the business we're getting from other companies who wont take these cars without big cost has gone from "yay market share" to "oh look another fucking euro sports car dealer with a 200% claims ratio."

14. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

lol that chopped VW gets me every time.

1 person likes this.
  15. tesseract

tesseract Senior member

Yeah but there is a giant online community that deals with BMW repairs and aftermarket parts that aren't too expensive.

16. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Yute be surprised by how popular those are in some places, mate.

17. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

My accord has a decent engine and has needed no maintenance aside from scheduled stuff in over 100k miles. My parents had a Mercedes for a bit and the thing was in the shop more often than not, piece of shit.

18. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

i never had problems when i owned an accord and my parents both own them and never seem to have issues (except for my mom backing into stuff)

1 person likes this.
  19. jarude

jarude Senior member

no doubt. im just surrounded by crappy five-year old bmw's with 200,000kms that some 20 year old is financing for the rest of his life, who is bitching that the shop we're sending him to is too low-class for his tastes and is also mad we're not putting brand new parts in his shitty used shit car. hence my bias towards the matter... that and my dad has worked on diesels and VWs his whole life so i'd feel strange driving anything other than a jetta tdi. wouldnt mind a passat cc if i found a deal on one though.

20. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

Lol. Sometimes I feel a little absurd having a couple pairs of $500 shoes but then I remember that dudes are out there leasing $80,000 cars and probably making a lot less than me.

I got leveled at yoga class today; do not eat a huge plate of ham right before exercising

1 person likes this.