• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random health and exercise thoughts

mrchariybrown

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I've recently switch to low-bar.  I've been having trouble getting used to the rack position - weight always feels like it's just on the edge of falling off my back - but the squat itself feels much more natural for me. 

You'll find the groove soon enough.

When I started, I thought the bar was going to slip down and snap my arms off too.

But little by little, my upper back and rear delts beefed up to get used to the load back there.

Now, when I get under to set up, there's a ridge where the bar fits perfectly and doesn't budge.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That's why potatoes and rice is recommended which are basically starch only with very little fat and protein, and stuff like legumes are not.

TBH I think that the argument breaks down when we consider that people usually cook legumes...just as they usually do with potatoes. Also, he then goes on to recommend oatmeal - which I don't disagree with, but which then completely contradicts his previous postulations about "anti nutrients".

poorman

Reaction score

Wasn't sure on it, but needed it to hit the minimum order amount for the recent coupon. Seems pretty nice, haven't used it yet though since I've been working on getting the room set up. Need to wheel in my bench and have some plates/bands coming, but everything is pretty much ready to go now. Cutting and putting down the stall mats was a huge pain **********.

OMG. I'm so sad. I read coupon and I said wtf?
did google search and found out I missed out. :( I was going to get the dumbells/bench a while ago and figured with a code would be a no question.

How did you find out about it? Newsletter?

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Not the fastest possible weight change, but way the hell more secure than any other adj dumbbell. Plus you can put the ends on your knees to kick them up into position without having the handle stab you in the leg. I don't miss the commercial gym db's at all (well, aside from the ones that are more than 75lbs).

120 lb. expansion kit ;) That's what I ordered with the kb. I have a 10-50 set of regular hex db's coming tomorrow (along with some weight plates, UPS guy going to kill me... he has almost 1000lb of **** to carry to my door), so I'll just load the 22.5lb expansion kit plates on the handles permanently and use it for the 55-120 range.

OMG. I'm so sad. I read coupon and I said wtf?
did google search and found out I missed out. :( I was going to get the dumbells/bench a while ago and figured with a code would be a no question.
How did you find out about it? Newsletter?

When I started searching for best place to order, googled coupons and found some old ones on their facebook page. Noticed that one was put out for July 4 last year, which was only two weeks away at the time, so I waited and sure enough they did it again. Based on that, I'd say your next shot is around Black Friday. I also saw it posted in equipment section of bb.com and yes it was from their newsletter.

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sold rack for 200, except my excitement over my new rack and the fact that i broke even on it is overshadowed by my hard-on for vlsi's setup. way to harsh my buzz :fu:

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
If it makes you feel any better, I didn't break even :embar:

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Vlsi why didn't you build this gym in Durham. We coulda been best buds

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol kijiji. posted a 1" ez bar and straight bar with 100lb of standard plate for $50 firm. good deal, right? "hey, 20 bux for pates. thx" ugh, eugenics program plz.

If it makes you feel any better, I didn't break even :embar:

heheh, no worries, please dont feel bad about it. sick setup.

Last edited:

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Vlsi why didn't you build this gym in Durham. We coulda been best buds

No money, no house.

heheh, no worries, please dont feel bad about it. sick setup.

Don't feel bad. I could have pieced it together through CL easy, but I like nice, new things :) Ambivalent on my choice to put it inside. On one hand, air conditioning, on the other, I ran out of space way faster than I had anticipated.

No weights yet... just been doing pull-ups every time I walk down the hall today.

Last edited:

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Isn't being graduated from college and having money awesome btw? I liked being a student but now that I have a salary life is so much more pleasant.

Last edited:

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just dont get laid off :fu: /selfpity

Last edited:

poorman

Reaction score

120 lb. expansion kit ;) That's what I ordered with the kb. I have a 10-50 set of regular hex db's coming tomorrow (along with some weight plates, UPS guy going to kill me... he has almost 1000lb of **** to carry to my door), so I'll just load the 22.5lb expansion kit plates on the handles permanently and use it for the 55-120 range.
When I started searching for best place to order, googled coupons and found some old ones on their facebook page. Noticed that one was put out for July 4 last year, which was only two weeks away at the time, so I waited and sure enough they did it again. Based on that, I'd say your next shot is around Black Friday. I also saw it posted in equipment section of bb.com and yes it was from their newsletter.

:slayer: will keep eyes peeled.

Khayembii Communique

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lol, 755 new posts since I was last here. Went to the gym for the first time all month, did terrible but glad I'm back, gonna keep it up this time. Spending all of my free time studying for the GMAT and job hunting, got some leads at JP Morgan in NYC, a bank in Cleveland and some stuff around here, hopefully something pans out in the next week or two. Passed the CFA. :slayer:

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Holy ******* DOMS, first time doing heavy GM's in about 5 months (ok not heavy, just 185) but my lower back is quite vocal about it

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got another girl's number at the gym. This peruvian dancer chick.

"Are you training for something?" after doing a bunch of planks and **** is the best opener ever.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads