1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

By after a certain point I do mean either at Charlys level, or when you're over like 45 and you begin feeling like shit because your natural test production has slowed to a halt.

Also, who cares if someone wants to do it just for fun

Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  2. tesseract

tesseract Senior member

Distended guts are from hgh and you do not lose your gains when you come off.

3. fuji

fuji Senior member

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

200kg pull, should be totalling about 1100lb right now feels good man. Before someone says thats 180 the plates are 20,20,10,10,20,10. Pulled 220 after this, could maybe have gotten like 225 on an eleiko bar instead of this chunky as fuck squat bar.

I will probably cycle for a bit then when I'm older stay on forever. Carbs provide so many good feels, not just lifting ones.

4. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

Thats a good routine.
    Are you saying that one day you do compounds like squat, bench and pendlays + dips, and the next workout day you pretty much only do accessory work (with nothing for legs)?
    How many days a week do you train? I understand that you don't train for powerlifting, but you could still try to do a squat variation 3x a week, a hip dominant lift (conv dl, sumo, rdl, sldl, good morning, etc) 3x a week and then presses 3-4x a week for more volume than squats and deadlifts combined (upper body can handle more volume). How you divide that between sessions is up to you, but for instance, my coach is having me do this:

Monday - full body
    Tuesday - upper body
    Thursday: full body
    Saturday: full body

1 person likes this.
  5. fuji

fuji Senior member

After cutting to like 185lb and 9% I think I might start a instagram and post photoshopped photos of myself with captions like "aim for the stars because if you miss you'll still hit the moon" under my photos and start wearing an obey snapback. Gonna drown in 17 year old clunge (yes legal).

3 people like this.
  6. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Fuji nice pull but that doesn't count in RHET federation because you didn't call me a faggot after.

As for carbs I'm going on when I'm older, around 36 or so. My natural test is pretty high and I'm not near that point. Also my mommy would be upset, when I'm older I could just tell people to stfu because I got low T and I'm not doing it for ego and vanity reasons. I also got to do some research about prostate cancer and test, because my father died of it at a stupid young age because he had really high test and also his father died of it. My friend sorta has the same story and he cycles, he's sent me a few research papers on the subject that found no correlation, but still..

7. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

Sorry, I was on my phone. It's the greyskull LP but I do the accessory work I think is necessary - so, Monday/Friday I'd squat, bench, row; Wednesday I would deadlift and OHP, and on all three days I'd do varying accessory exercises, but roughly in the volume I posted. The next week I'd squat/OHP Monday and Friday and bench/deadlift/row Wednesday. Three days a week, two full-body compounds per day (one legs one upper body).

I'm on a cut, so I don't really want to mess with programming, but I am looking at other programs once I'm bulking again. That said, this has been working well, so I'm not sure if I need to mess with anything. Keep in mind I do yoga as well, which is actually pretty tough and leaves my hamstrings, back, core, and sometimes shoulders sore.

8. jarude

jarude Senior member

for the first time in my life i am somewhat starting to enjoy running

i think i might go to the doctor

3 people like this.
  9. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Hehe yea some people most definitely do get sides from test. But nothing major. If you're worried about acne (aka the least of your problems), you should stay very clear of carbs...

1 person likes this.
  10. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

u wot m8

11. conceptionist

Ok.
    I've read the Greyskull book and I think the base of the program is very good. There's absolutely no need to change program and to start splitting up the body if you're used to full body sessions. I would not add any lifts during a cut, but once you switch over to bulking you could do some more work. You could either add another day for upper only, or you could keep it at three sessions but then they're gonna be longer. You could also do with squatting, benching and deadlifting (with variations not the standard lifts every time) 3x a week if you're up for it. Squatting and DLing in the same session will lower your DL in th short run but in the long run it will benefit from it.

Also, there's no need to restrict yourself to only do the compounds in their most basic "competition" style. Feel free to switch one of the squatting sessions to a pause squat and one of the bench presses to incline bench or pin press or whatever you think will work your weakness and is a fun change.

So, you have some things you can do when you switch to bulking:
    1) Increase the frequency for the main lifts, 2) add more accessory work, 3) possible add another day for upper only.

Here's an example of how a decently high volume, moderately high frequency 3x a week routine could look. Its popular on a Swedish lifting forum I also post on. It's written by my trainer. Note that no lifts are taken to failure. You would also start with very conservative weights, higher reps per set and gradually scale up the weights while reps go down and sets go up. At the end of the cycle the sets also get reduced. If the sessions are too long you could just take one upper movement from each day and combine them into a short upper only day with msybe some more fun bro accessory work if you want.

A
    Warmup 10 min
    Ab rollouts 2x8-10
    Decline situps 2x10-15
    Hyperextensions 2x 10-15
    Face Pulls 2x 10-15

Bench press 4-6x2-3
    CGBP 3-4x5-8
    Inc DB Bench 3-5x10 3s eccentric
    Squats 6x4, 5x5, 4x6
    Leg Extension 3-5x10 3s eccentric
    Chins 5xFailure -1
    BB curl 3-5x6-8

B
    Warmup 10 min
    Planks with hands and feet on stability/bosu ball 2x60-90s
    Pallof Press 2x15
    1-leg glute bridge 2x30sec

Deadlift 4-6x4-6
    Lunges backward from box 4x12
    Inc BB Bench 5x6-8
    Dips 3-5x6-8
    Military Press 6x4, 5x5, 4x6
    Row 5x8
    Biceps / Triceps 2x5x10 (superset)

C
    Warmup 10 min
    Wall squat prison style 3x6
    BB glute thrust
    1-leg hyperextension static hold 2x15s

Squat 4-6x4-6
    Leg press 3-4x5-8
    Ham curl 3-5x10 3s eccentric
    Bench 6x4, 5x5, 4x6 medium wide grip
    Inc flyes 3-5x10 3s eccentric
    Lying seal row to bench 5x8
    Dumbbell curls 3-5x6-8

2 people like this.
  12. fuji

fuji Senior member

No sides master race. Feels good man. A little bit more flushed and sweaty though.

13. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Well if he enjoys running, he'll probably enjoy the prostate exam too. Certified phaggot.

More seriously, it's interesting to see how rhet's view on gear has changed in the past year.

2 people like this.
  14. fuji

fuji Senior member

Was the rhet ever really against carbs?

RHET I need some help. I feel like I need a snapback to go with my gains, which makes it look like I'm not interested in M&A and rather think that "life is too short to care what other people think" or "one life live it". Is this hat douchy enough

https://www.openingceremony.us/products.asp?menuid=1&designerid=1335&productid=90003

I feel like without a logo it isn't. Might get a raiders one, I don't even know what city they're from, they play football amirite?

1 person likes this.
  15. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

Just get a fedora brah

2 people like this.
  16. tesseract

tesseract Senior member

I get a couple of back pimples and water retention if I miss the ai but other than that I'm good.

17. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

I make the dumbest face now when I'm at the bottom of my squats.

18. conceptionist

I look stupid when I lift, esp during squats. For bench I just get a red face.

19. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

I like the look of that. I'll def experiment with some more volume once I'm getting gains again, thanks.

20. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Haha, I was just watching the video of my 285 x 5 today. Face looks like I'm taking a huge dump and complete agony, I need to look calmer somehow.. I miss having a 38" waist, lots of leverage. I don't really miss it though, I can actually bust out pullups and ab wheel now. Bench I get an awesome double chin.