1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

wtf is this, i don't care how jacked you are, if you're lookin like casper gtfo

2. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

There's no sun in the UK.

1 person likes this.
  3. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

That vit D deficiency. Did i see this here, but I read recently that San Fran has the most sunshine out of the year but has the highest levels of vit D deficiency. I like in Pumping Iron the scene were everyone is sun tanning and napping together, everyone needs tan buddies.

4. fuji

fuji Senior member

This is true. As a result this is what your average british person looks like

[​IMG]

I know some really chavy girl who goes to this night so whenever she gets tagged on it I always look through the pics for some lolz.

The whole getting shredded so you can get topless at deep house nights thing and fuck sluts doesn't really work in the UK when everyone here is inbred as shit. It's a bit better in London because not everyone here is british.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  5. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

6. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

That dude is so many British stereotypes rolled up into one.

7. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

8. cunning47

cunning47 Senior member

How much for handmade Swedish animal pelts? :foo:

9. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

At what point is a lifter allowed to wear a tank top?

10. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

Only if you're jacked, drunk and tan

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  11. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Hah, my damn lacking shoulders!

12. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

You have to at least know you have them before you start lifting though. Even if you can't fix them, at least know you have them to work around them.

13. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

I found using sleeves and going deeper killed my patellar pain. IDK what your situation is but that could help

14. joshmick

joshmick Senior member

Okay guys, time to get my ass into gear. I've been reading around this thread and other sources, but would love you guys' direct advice, if you so desire!

I just signed up for my company's gym program. I work in a hospital and they have just redesigned their internal gym, it is surprisingly nice, open 24/7 and hardly anyone uses it.

I currently weigh 272 and would like to be down to 220 in a year's time. I think that's a fairly reasonable goal with that time period. I've read Mark Rippetoe's Starting Strength and would like to focus mainly on barbell lifting like that, with 10-15 minutes of cardio to warm up. I'm thinking 4 days a week at about 45 minutes per visit.

My question is, is it better for me to focus on muscle groups, like leg day/back day/arms-chest day, or do more full body complex movements? I am mainly interested in cutting weight and gaining definition.

FWIW, I will also be bike-commuting all summer, so that is going to take care of a lot of my cardio needs.

15. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

Buy the starting strength book, and do the program as described, where every workout is a full body workout. Bear in mind that the most important factor in losing weight will be your diet. I highly recommend counting your calories.

Worry about the program in 6 months or so... for now it's just a distraction, do something simple like starting strength and focus on diet.

16. joshmick

joshmick Senior member

Great. I own the book and that was kind of my plan, so thanks for the input. I am a little skeptical of his "drink a shit ton of milk every day" model, but yea I will just count my calories and make sure they are coming from good sources.

Any recommendations on supplements?

17. fuji

fuji Senior member

At 272lb I'd be dubious if he can safely squat or deadlift. Yeah I don't think you need to do the gallon of milk a day thing.

1 person likes this.
  18. cross22

cross22 Senior member

That is not a general advice and certainly doesn't apply to your situation.

3 people like this.
  19. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

Almost sharted while front squatting last night. Good reminder to take care of business before heading to the gym.

20. sonick

sonick Senior member

Any experience/insight on the new fangled powerlifting shoe (unfortunately branded on their 'crossfit' line) from Reebok designed by Mark Bell?

Looks like a nice upgrade from Chucks, doesn't look too shabby either.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]