1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

BCAAs + Creatine + Gatorade Power during workout is beast.

My left leg IT band is fucking with me, giving me trouble. Best thing to do for this is foam roll and stretch, yes?

2. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Aggressively marketed? Yes, I agree that the T gel is.. I see a bunch of commercials for it. But I didn't argue that. I argued that they're not being "heavily over-prescribed". The vast majority of people on HRT/TRT and other boards pertaining to use get denied by doctors unless they have very low test. Also, I didn't mean to include T gel in the convo - I'd heard they have a lot of sides. I just meant injectable T.

I'd argue test is safe if you're taking it to bring levels up to normal levels (600-700). Better outlook on life, better sex drive, less chance of infertility, etc.

If you're basing testosterone on not being safe because of survival (difference in men and women) and not "living", then I can't really debate this with you. It's nature that gives men more test, what do you want me to say? lol

As for cancer? Can you direct me to a study that says that? I'm honestly curious because all the data I've seen is inconclusive and/or points to TRT NOT affecting risk levels of cancer. http://www.lef.org/newsletter/2013/...ion-With-Testosterone-Replacement-Therapy.htm

Same goes for heart attack/stroke. I can't find any study that has more test = increased risk. Plain and simple. The closest thing I found was that if men under the age of 65 had TRT AND had a history of heart disease, their risk of heart attack doubled. But if they didn't have any history of heart disease, there was no impact.

As you state, 30% increased risk of heart attack at 25 for a male without heart disease is pretty insignificant imo if that means a better mood and other health benefits.

3. mrchariybrown

Yep, and some lacrosse ball shit helps too.

My right one makes me knee hurt.

1 person likes this.
  4. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

Yes. You might not even need to foam roll if you consistently stretch.

Also check your shoes. I get IT band pain when I'm wearing shoes that make me stand funny.

5. ellsbebc

ellsbebc Senior member

I cry tears of joy when I do Limber 11 each workout day. Damn is it painful though.

6. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

A lot of doctors think it's being over-prescribed for the target market (men over 40):
    Quote: But yeah, I'm talking about the gel here. Again, I don't think there is any conclusive evidence either way for younger men with no prior history:

Quote: Personally, if I had really low T levels at my age, I think I would look into treatment for bringing it up to normal levels. So ultimately we agree. It's just something that we don't really have enough information on regarding risk, yet.

7. mrchariybrown

I do agree that there isn't enough studies done on it. I am hopeful that if and when there are more studies done it in, a bit of the stigma surrounding testosterone supplementation will be lifted.

8. mrchariybrown

Btw, weird you guys.. KingJulien and I had a civil discussion about a RHET-related topic and we came to an understanding without flinging shit at the walls.

Maybe there is hope for the rest of you. :lol:

4 people like this.
  9. fuji

fuji Senior member

Ace gets prescribed for trt? Wat? Would not want to pin every day for trt.

10. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Fell back asleep, but caught up. Still trying to figure out what to do, not something I wanted to have to do, might try it though to be honest. Won't be touching gels. It's hard to imagine a scenario in which extra test wouldn't make you feel better, so I just need to figure out what's adequate. I googled the stroke thing and found a newspaper article that referenced a study done on men in a much higher risk category for those issues than me anyways...

11. mrchariybrown

Nah, I don't think ace never gets prescribed. But I wanted to include it in there since they don't have any difference from enth and cyp asides from half-life.

12. Eason

Eason Senior member

OKAY THAT'S ENOUGH. I'M CALLING YOU OUT, FUJI. THERE IS NO WAY YOU ARE NATTY.

1 person likes this.
  13. GraphicNovelty

there's no way you aren't mirin'

14. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

15. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

TRT is good in the right patient, but it's not without its risks. There's no such thing as a "safe" drug, even if it is replacing a natural hormone. As with every medication, the benefits and risks need to be weighed by the patient with physician guidance. Depending on risk factors(such as the mentioned cardiovascular disease), the risks may outweigh the benefits. Evidence-based Medicine is there to help guide our decisions, but by no means is it capable of giving us the correct answers for every individual patient. That's where clinical judgment comes into play. For every action or inaction you make in medicine, there are potential consequences.

The evidence does show increased risk of cerebro- and cardiovascular events in men receiving TRT, but that doesn't mean that nobody should ever get TRT. It's just more information for the clinician and patient to consider.

16. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

what cerebro events?

17. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Stroke, namely.

18. GraphicNovelty

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  19. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

Does he even lift?

20. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

well thats not good. i start cypionate from dr. tomorrow, 100mg every 7 days

1 person likes this.