Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

maybe he likes meat [​IMG] different things work for different people [​IMG]

2. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

I was thinking that maybe he calc'd his daily kcal requirement out and it came to 330g protein, but if I were to do that I would definitely be eating more fat on purpose to save money / eat less protein.

3. Prada_Ferragamo

Prada_Ferragamo Senior member

Aren't you <200lbs? What the fuck do you need with all that protein?

Sitting at 195 right now. Trying to maintain mass, but drop the fat a little bit. I don't retain that much of what I eat. Much of it comes out the other end.

4. Prada_Ferragamo

I was thinking that maybe he calc'd his daily kcal requirement out and it came to 330g protein, but if I were to do that I would definitely be eating more fat on purpose to save money / eat less protein.

calculated based on the nutrition content. Yesterday

2 pounds of tilapia
    1 pound of turkey breast deli meat
    4 whole eggs
    6 strips of turkey bacon
    about 100 g of protein shake
    Plus the veggies etc etc

5. A Y

A Y Senior member

that would be awesome, bro. sure you don't mind? you were first

Bros before ... umm ... bros? [​IMG]

--Andre

6. jarude

jarude Senior member

calculated based on the nutrition content. Yesterday

2 pounds of tilapia
    1 pound of turkey breast deli meat
    4 whole eggs
    6 strips of turkey bacon
    about 100 g of protein shake
    Plus the veggies etc etc

epic [​IMG]

tilapia is the one fish i really like eating. even if you just bake it in the oven with some butter and a little lemon juice; yum.

edit: anyone else noticing an invasion of sorts? lots of brosciencey stuff going around

7. Prada_Ferragamo

My local walmart had packaged tilapia on sale. $4.50 per 2 pounds. Got myself 12 pounds. Good to go for a week.

My goal is to eat as little carbs as possible without passing out during the day.

I pan fried my tilapia with a drizzle of olive oil and some Asian seasoning. After the first couple of bites, it started tasting like shit. Water helps a lot to wash it down.

8. APK

APK Senior member

How long does everyone rest between sets? I've kicked it up to three minutes for the big lifts, but try to keep it around two minutes for shit like bicep/tricep exercises.

I've stalled out on my squat, so I want to try box squats tonight. As well equipped as my gym is, flat benches are the only things around I could conceivably use as the "box." Bad idea?

9. jarude

jarude Senior member

I usually do 3 for big lifts and 2 for smaller like you mentioned, but lately I've been going for a minimum of 3 and waiting til whenever. I use a bench too, faced parallel with the safety bars (ie. like how you'd bench on it) since I feel like if it were sideways I'd tip it over.

10. Egert

Egert Senior member

Enough to restore my breath

11. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

How long does everyone rest between sets? I've kicked it up to three minutes for the big lifts, but try to keep it around two minutes for shit like bicep/tricep exercises.

I've stalled out on my squat, so I want to try box squats tonight. As well equipped as my gym is, flat benches are the only things around I could conceivably use as the "box." Bad idea?

try 5 to 6 warm up sets with decreasing reps

12. Prada_Ferragamo

I rest a bit longer when I am doing the compounds and heavy lifts, but no more than about a minute and half though.

I have used benches as "box" for box squats. Just make sure that you have the bench set at the center so you don't go off balance.

13. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

edit: anyone else noticing an invasion of sorts? lots of brosciencey stuff going around

This is not entirely fair. I swear nothing seems to work for more than 10% of the population. Either damn near everything works to some degree or practically nothing works for anyone.

14. Mblova

Mblova Senior member

Depending on how tall you are and how flexible your hip is it's quite alright.

15. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

1-2 minutes with 2 being reserved for heavy compounds. Can't really say anything about isolation work, b/c I don't do any (unless you count curl & presses as bicep exercises).