• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random health and exercise thoughts

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cooked for a date last night.

Chicken Picatta over Spaghetti Squash with farm share veggie salad.

Last edited:

Flame

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Khayembii Communique

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm definitely lacking chest as a skinny guy but I don't wanna work it too much because I'm terrified of internal rotation. :embar:

I look forward to the gym a lot more now that I'm trying to beat my previous rep targets instead of just working out to plate up. Utilizes my competitive side haha. Almost at a 3 plate squat, then with my cutting I should hit 2xbw in the next month or two.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm so hungry after working out now with all this new volume. I didn't even run a hill last night after lifting and I was shaking while unwrapping my burrito. This is what I ate while working out and after -

12oz Grapjuice (80g carbs) + 30g Carbogain + 30g sugar + 40g Whey
Chipotle Burrito, double chicken, corn salsa, sour cream, lettuce
Chipotle Taco steak, salsa, lettuce
1 big sweet potatoe
3 cups chocolate milk

2 cups oatmeal with cinnamon and raisins
35g casein with 2 cups milk

Crat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking better than 99% out there, Flame. Slow bulk? Strength progress?

How's the running going in general, coldsnap?

Weird day today, went to the gym feeling dizzy and weak but i finally lifted a new PR (205kg) after several failed attempts over the last few months.
After that I did some OHP which is my weakest lift by far but also set a new PR going from 55 to 60kg.
Had lots of coffee pre-(fasted)workout, maybe that helped?
Few mates coming over to help eat the pike-perch I caught yesterday. Feels good after today's PRs : )

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
request: when putting underwear pics up, spoiler that **** first.

thanks

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone know a good cold brew coffee system?

How's the running going in general, coldsnap?

It's going OK in general, thanks for asking. I just do eight 40yard hill sprints with 60 seconds rest in between, then I walk for 45 minutes each day on the weekend. Conditioning is getting better. I need to learn how to run in cleats though because since getting them I've hurt something every time I went running, but that might just be because running sucks. I had to limp home Tuesday but felt so much better after I took The Stick to my calf and worked it out.

Flame

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Slow bulk? Strength progress?
I actually went up to 78kg mid-June but dropped some weight due to a bad cold. Strength progress has been great, gainz on all the compound lifts.

Planning to go up to at least 80kg with 10% bf by year-end, slow and steady-wise.

Last edited:

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yay doctors no longer think I have marfans, but potentially another connective tissue disorder, theres a few other ones can't remember there names. Was hilarious, doctor told me I need to get some tests if I ever plan on having kids because it's possible I may pass my body shape to my children, asked if thats a bad thing.

Tigerprawn

Reaction score

You look good, but for some reason I think shredded guys like you are always lacking chest. Why is that?

Admittedly, I'm in the same boat and my numbers really show it. My bench is way behind my other lifts. It's always been a weak point.
Hopefully, I can correct that with some time after the cut which I'll probably call an end to in a month or so. Realized I'm not feeling my skinny ***** look. At least I get to start bulking with a leaner/cleaner slate.

Went to Bally's on Wednesday because my membership is still valid and I was too lazy to drive to the garage gym. I usually zone out at the gym and ignore my surroundings, but was stacking 405 DL saw some dudes in the mirror behind me arms crossed, eyes rolling, and snickering. They shut up pretty quick when I repped 5, reracked, and walked away. Not that 405 is huge or anything, but it felt nice to shut up the iso-bros for a bit.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ you look pretty thick unless it is your height that is playing with the proportions. Would have never thought you to be a skinny look.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads