1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Yea sorta, I look a lot better. Most of my weight loss was around my waist and ass. But really I'm not enjoying it. I trained better and my lifts looked better when I was on a caloric surplus. Looking forward to getting back to that.

I think I'd look really damn good at 170lbs, like Styleforum approved. But I want to look like that at 180lbs, I really need another good 5lbs of muscle on my upper body.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2014
  2. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

It's a shame there's no way to know how to accomplish such a feat.

2 people like this.
  3. Eason

Eason Senior member

I'm 5'11, king of manlets. People always say they think I'm 190 or so in person, but nope I have hollow bones.

4. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Yea. It takes a year of lifting and eating.

5. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

you could add 5 lbs of muscle to your upper body in 2-3 months and then lose all of the fat you gained there in like, one month.

you'd just have to drastically decrease lower body volume and increase upper body volume. Amazing that it works that way.

6. fuji

fuji Senior member

I'm 6'3"

CS, if you are 179 in that video I think you'd need to cut to like 150 to be SF approved as you currently appear to have a/b cups.

RHET, how do I use sunbeds to get tan? I went to the national portrait gallery and all the jacked men in the painting looked quite tan, all the fat women and children were very pale

[​IMG]

Do not want to look like the white women getting raped. Taking that spartan D.

1 person likes this.
  7. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

Why?

8. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

RHET Injury Room Bros:

Just wondering if anyone's heard of anything like this before. Was benching two nights ago. As I was finishing my working sets, I started to get a burning sensation down the fronts of both of my arms (forearms, biceps, shoulders) and it slowly got worse (strength wasn't affected at all tho). A set or two into my accessory work (which is basically just more benching), it got so painful, I had to stop. Even driving home was uncomfortable.

A day later, it was pretty much okay (could barely detect some aching in the arms still). Squat day so I figure I should be fine. After my last warm up set, the pain is setting in again and I have to stop. Legs are totally fine. Trying to figure out what is common between the two movements and I will say my new bench and low bar squat setup definitely smashes the upper back together way more than it used to. This is my best guess as to what's happening, but this is purely from googling: http://i.imgur.com/oTWZpj7.gif

9. fuji

fuji Senior member

I am guessing you're getting some elbow tendonitis and when you low bar squat you're holding some of the weight with your arms causing the pain. I know that feel brah, happened to me too.

10. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Welcome to tendinitis. Won't ever "go away".. just subside until you do something to aggravate it.

Benching heavy has caused mine to flare up in a weird spot on both arms. Not benching for about 1-2 weeks. Only way to get rid of it for me. All part of the game.

11. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

fml

now what the fuck do i do? can i still deadlift?

12. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Probably not. Just take the time off, there's no way around it.

13. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

I'd start by taking out bench for a week or two and see if that helps. Also, you can help alleviate some of the pressure on your arms during squats by taking a grip with your pinky under the bar or just resting your hands over the bar - essentially limp wrist over the bar.

14. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

[​IMG]
    There are no brakes on the feels train ;_;

3 people like this.
  15. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

I want to put on more muscle, then cut again etc. Also want to squat 400lbs by end of the year.

Yea, probably 150 then to be rail thin SF approved.

16. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

Truth, I don't care how jacked you are, if you're pale get the fuck outta here

17. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

You need to cut more then before trying to bulk.

For reference, Candido is your height and weight.

2 people like this.
  18. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

3200 mg ibuprofen a day crew

1 person likes this.
  19. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Why you hatin' bro? :(

20. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

Everyone knows a decent tan adds at least 10lbs of visible muscle