1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. jarude

jarude Senior member

Loot 2.0 patch came out a week or so back. Tons of changes; doesn't have RoS content (A5, crusader, mystic etc) but there's been a total overhaul to gear and a lot of skill changes too. Its fantastic.

2. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

There's a guy at my gym who always has a few chocolate candy bars in his gym bag. I see him snacking on them before, during, and after lifting. He also benches ~400 so it must be doing something.

3. fuji

fuji Senior member

It makes me look more vascular because of dat sugar. I also like to make fat people jel so when I'm eating them they're like "when will it be my turn to eat 1000 calories of chocolate bars in the gym and be shredded?"

4. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

Every time I'm feeling tired and lazy and want to take the day off, but end up going anyway I break PRa, got 225 2x5 on the bench today

5. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Hey bros... would a belt help me with heavy shoulder press or is my core/form just shit

I see a few dudes on YT standing pressing heavy with belts so I think it might be my time

6. concealed

concealed Senior member

https://www.theochocolate.com/ - nope

7. fuji

fuji Senior member

But this is artisan chocolate so it's not really comparable. The kinder bueno is about $0.40 for all of it's hazelnutty goodness.

8. rjbman

rjbman Senior member

My knee's been bugging me the past few weeks, particularly noticed it in the lab this past weekend because I was sitting down all day. Little bit of research leads me to believe it's maybe runner's knee (prob due to poor squatting form at some point). Thinking I'll drop (heavy) squats and do more upper body for the next couple weeks. Currently doing GSLP:
    [​IMG]

Anyone got other stuff to add in terms of upper body?

9. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

One of my knees was bothering me. The pain went away when I

- fixed my form and went deeper + slightly below parallel
    - started using knee sleeves

1 person likes this.
  10. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

[​IMG]

Incline presses+dumbell flye (incline, flat, decline) + dips to your chest day

Lateral raises (front, side, back) + DB presses for more volume+ bicep curls on your shoulder day.

Also, foam roll your IT band because the issue might be there.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  11. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

Do you mean DB shoulder or bench press? I was going to suggest DB shoulder presses, one of my favorite exercises and think they really helped put mass on my shoulders.

And yeah, foam rolling IT band is super importante

1 person likes this.
  12. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

Wait, yeah, you obviously do. Reading comprehension fail.

1 person likes this.
  13. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

I want to echo the advise on knee sleeves. Getting the knees warm helped me with achy knees. Get some quality ones. OG blue Rehbands or SBD knee sleeves. A lot of people at the local powerlifting gym (myself included) have the SBDs.

Some people take a wider squatting stance and push the knees out more to the sides to reduce the pressure on the knee, making the squat a more hip dominant lift rather than knee dominant.

1 person likes this.
  14. Axelman 17

Axelman 17 Senior member

Went skiing to try to acquire lower body gains but got in a collision and cracked a rib. Tried to go to the gym this morning but it affects all of my lifts - total disaster. I am probably 25% into my cut. Have you guys dealt with a cracked rib before? Should I just stop cutting until it heals?

15. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

btw if any of you guys get Pokemon I'll hook you up with some juicy freshly hatched dudes with max stats

2 people like this.
  16. Eason

Eason Senior member

MusclePharm cookies n cream is hella good. It's got those little crumbs of fake cookie that the inner fat-ass in me craves

17. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

I assume you have Machoke on your team?
    Most aesthetic pokemon, even have tears on his bicep. Pretty sick calf to quad ratio too.

[​IMG]

I think he went a little overboard with the cell tech though as he eventually got another set of arms.

3 people like this.
  18. fuji

fuji Senior member

Yeah I cracked a rib one of the first times i used my 13mm inzer lol. I just took a month or 2 off training. Couldn't do anything it hurt so much.

I'm not mirin how machoke doesn't seem to have delts, or does he not have bis? Or have they merged into one? Chest shape is pretty gross, looks like he just hits decline.

Eugh this came up on my news feed. Everything I hate about new lifters

[​IMG]

You're not a lion, you're skinny fat. How can you seriously wear a shirt like that to the gym when you're fat. My beta flat mate is asking me if I think he should buy jay cutlers new shaker cup because it has separate compartments for different supps, he also said he's stopped squatting because having 30kg on his back hurts wat.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
    3 people like this.
  19. Eason

Eason Senior member

5 x 395 on deadlift today, I think 405 would be easy but I'm going to take it slow and savor it. Once I'm 405, then I'll start working up to heavy singles. Hopefully 495 by the end of the year.

20. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

+1 on the knee sleeves. Knees feel so much better front squatting now (altho it doesn't take long before they start smelling like death). Just recently learned there is a fed (or feds?) that don't even allow sleeves in raw comp tho.

Also how the hell is pokemon "nostalgic"? Aren't kids still playing with that stuff?