1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. speedy4500

speedy4500 Senior member

And wouldn't you know it, today's workout when I get to the gym:

Snatch complex: 2 hang from mid thigh + 1 power, 5 sets @ 90kg
    Snatch high pulls from floor: 3x5 @ 125kg
    5 sets front squat doubles at 135kg.

Maybe skeen isn't into the girlies? To each his own.

If anything, I think a lot of women even prefer a thick midsection. According to my GF and her friends, it looks more masculine and testosterone-fueled, as opposed to a dainty pretty-boy male model who spends too much time looking at himself in the mirror.

2. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

HAH

3. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

I hope this a joke, because if not you guys are way too sensitive... if anything it's the by product of growing up in a jewish russian household.

Haha, that's what TK said in response to me when I said I prefer black girls, don't get it twisted boy

Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
  4. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

Mark is the adorably racist grandmother of RHET

1 person likes this.
  5. tesseract

tesseract Senior member

Girls have told me the exact same thing. They also feel insecure when your waist is smaller than theirs.

6. js4design

js4design Senior member

Jimmy the Greek posts in RHET?

7. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

Markislav the Russian

8. Eason

Eason Senior member

wtf... how did you guys know I'm racist?

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

^^^ rarely has anything truer been created

Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  9. TehBunny

TehBunny Senior member

Charly just saw your last squat video (HOLYSHIT), good luck on the 6 plates!
    Was wondering why you squat so fast though (without much rest at lockout), just personal preference? I know I would fail horribly if I squatted with such speed, srsly mirin....

10. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

charly u got new shoes

11. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Day 3 of keto feeling weak but my fart game is ridic

4 people like this.
  12. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

I'm on day 10 of a Keto cycle, I feel your pain, brother. What's worse is the fact that I have a torn right calf, hamstring and now experiencing some knee tendonitis all on my right leg...

13. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Thanks. It's something I picked up in the past couple months. Just feels like it's easier doing that with anything over 3 reps.

If you look at my past videos, I used to take some long ass pauses up top. Probably took some umph out of my squats.

I might have to take it a bit of time between reps next week though. And concentrate more.

Yep, now my rogues are just weeping silently in my trunk.

14. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

Since no one else has responded to this, allow me to share my noob-experiences [​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you just want to put pounds on the bar for the bench with PLing methods, here's what I learnt from that video and the guys at my gym:

Most of the them take a wide grip, arch a lot and bring the bar down high on their chest, around the nipples (like in the video). This is done to minimize the ROM.

The degree of tucking is a function of your grip width. I use a max width grip now to account for my long arms so I don't tuck a lot. That makes the bar path go pretty straight up and down in contrast to a bow if you would tuck more. Make sure the wrists are in line with the elbows. I tucked too much beofre so the elbows were in front of the wrists which created a bowed bar path.

Proper leg drive made a huge difference. I set my feet as wide as I can to get them under and as close to the bar as possible. The closer you can get your feet to the bar, the less risk of the butt to shoot off the bench. You will know when you've set up correctly and tight enough, because you simply cannot move anything besides the arms.

I push my ass and body towards the bar just as I start to push the bar up. I used to push the butt up towards the ceiling which only had it coming off the bench. Pushing it towards the bar will also reinforce the arch as you tend to lose some tightness at the bottom.

Another thing is that they set their ass down after they've pulled out the bar. So they first set their feet, then create a big bow from their feet to the traps, then they pull out the bar, and lastly they set their butt down as close to the bar as possible.

Some guys find it easier to get a good push when they place the bar further down into the palm of their hand, so when you push it looks more like how you would push someone IRL.

I also chalk my upper back and the bench to make sure I don't slip out of position.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
  15. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

What is your split like... whatever you are weakest at, you should be doing as much as possible and first in each workout. I bench 4x a week now and have been seeing good injury free gains

16. conceptionist

[​IMG]

Shame he failed on depth. Crazy speed anyway.

17. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Teekay how did you change your username?

18. conceptionist

Another thing with driving up the bench:

- My bench press responds very well to higher volume in relation to squats and deads and I know some people who feel the same (Its much more common to bench with higher frequency and higher volume than squats and deadlifts, simply because it allows for more training by involving less muscles and overload on your body)

- What I always do with a lift when it stalls and what has worked every time so far, is to deload and build back up with higher volume. So if I did 3 sets of 5 before, I take off 15% and start doing 4 sets of 5 and always take the last set for as many reps as possible. So in those first weeks with 15% off the bar, it may look like 5 reps, 5 reps, 5 reps, 8 reps.

19. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

My bench max is 190 right now. Still sucks but I'm happy with that, around my meet 135 felt damn heavy and now I can rep that like it's nothing.

Greg has me doing a few sets of pushups every day and I feel like that's the main driver on my bench right now. Problem with my bench is I just don't have the upper body development like I do lower body, on my legs there's not really a muscle that is under developed. I was told to develop a big row for a big bench, so I can always row more than I can bench. So I'm going to disregard people's advice now and get my chest and triceps huge. I did dumbell flys monday as a main accessory.

20. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

funny because i kept telling you to stop with all the other BS and if you want to increase your bench more just bench more but noooo you'd rather keep trying to make your squat and deadlift go up a marginal amount than actually see actual bench gains.

Also, new Broscience:

3 people like this.