1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. skeen7908

skeen7908 Senior member

Are you guys for real? I try to shut up because you dont want to hear what I have to say but the photos I have seen of ihambrecht he is > 20% bodyfat [​IMG] That is not impressive. It is not difficult for people with that phenotype to get big and fat. Big and lean is something else entirely Are there other photos post cut? Cant believe people are shitting on conceptionist. Dude is very helpful to many of you and science >>> anecdote. You goons forget that the only thing that matters more than drugs is genetics. Conceptionist is genetically narrow framed with a propensity to low mass. Doesnt discredit his advice at all

2 people like this.
  2. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

So many shirtless pictures in this argument.

Isn't that underwear uncomfortable?I have to wear boxers now.

3. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

I wouldnt sweat it. Weight doesnt come off linearly, sometimes it comes off in waves.

Basically I just let calories get too low and did too much cardio. When weight stopped coming off I panicked, instead of waiting to see whether I needed to wait or make a small adjustment, and in the process destroyed my metabolism and catabolized all my gains. So now I'm giving myself a lot more time, being more patient, focusing more on maintaining strength than losing weight quickly.

I know dude is half natty but this was kind of an epiphany for me as far as cutting goes. The whole vid is worth watching

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

1 person likes this.
  4. Tigerprawn

Tigerprawn Senior member

Just shut up skeen! PS I want your body. ^_^

Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
  5. tesseract

tesseract Senior member

I wasn't aware abs were visible at 20% bf [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  6. fuji

fuji Senior member

What does this notation mean? Have your squats attained another dimension? Do they span R3? Are they an orthonormal basis of R3? Can I use them to write A=PBP^-1, you know changing basis and shit. If they don't span R3 do they form a plane? What is the equation of the plane? Do they span C3? Can we check their wronskian? Fucking wizadry here.

God I miss econ so much, fucking linear algebra.

Conceptionist instead of getting a coach you should follow my advice from a few pages back (which got like 12 thumbs, prob a record for the rhet) and cycle hard as fuck, that way you'll be creditable. It'd prob be significantly cheaper then a coach anyway.

9 people like this.
  7. tesseract

tesseract Senior member

Also remember that one time you spent twenty minutes trying to find the perfect lighting to make your skinny baby arm look big? What are you even doing here you are like 160 pounds and half the people in the thread have blocked you because you are a moron.

2 people like this.
  8. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

hah. 250 10 x 10 x 12 = 250lb squat for 1,200 reps. :slayer:

I should said 250 x 10, x 10, x 12

9. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Please don't quote him in the future. I defeats the purpose of my block. :nodding:

2 people like this.
  10. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Anyways, today I pause benched 365x5.. which I have wanted for a long time. :)

9 people like this.
  11. tesseract

tesseract Senior member

Lmao had to. I find it funny that some douchebag oiled his arm and moved around so the lighting made his 15 inch arm more defined. I'm now trolling his posts and the 300x8 dead lift is so embarrassing considering how arrogant he is.

1 person likes this.
  12. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

Coldsnap always manages to write out his weights wrong, lol. (joking CS, I got what you meant).

Would almost consider a cycle if it wouldn't have me lifetime banned from competing. You will even be banned if it appears that you've been on a cycle before you started competing.

Its sort of taboo subject for many people but genetics are a lot more important than many guys want to admit. Not saying some guys are "getting it for free" but some recent research suggests that it can genetics alone can determine up to 80% of your gains in lean body mass. Then of course, many people have a way higher genetic limit than they think and can reach very far with proper food and training.

Quote: Sports Med. 2011 Oct 1;41(10):845-59.

(Just in case anyone wonders were I got that number from)

1 person likes this.
  13. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

:(

1 person likes this.
  14. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

That said, I believe any healthy male should be able to squat 4 plates, bench 3 plates and deadlift maybe 4.5-5 plates if they just train long enough and stay injury free. By the time you get there you will be pretty swole, VLSI.

That 17 year old guy at my gym squats 400, benches 300 and pulls 500 and you can tell that he is far from his genetic max. Increased his total with over 250 pounds in one year. Exited to ser how far he will go.

15. tesseract

tesseract Senior member

This is true unless you are skeen and you don't want your midsection to look too blocky because girls might not like a blocky midsection ( spoiler: they don't care)

16. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

No swipes at conceptionist but consider the source. 100% of your gains are dependent on lifting... i.e. nobody's genes are so great they can grow their muscles w/o lifting

17. fuji

fuji Senior member

Google 15 year old ronnie coleman, pretty jacked. Apparently he didn't start lifting till he was pretty old too.

18. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

I grew up in the hood, and you'd see 7 year old black kids walking around in the summer with no shirt on with 6 packs and delt/bicep separation. they have amazing genes.

*at least in america cause most black people are culled from former slave stock

*dont come down on me with your liberal hammer GN you know its true

3 people like this.
  19. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

starting to think Mark is more racist than Eason

2 people like this.
  20. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

they all have herpes. but good genetics!

3 people like this.