1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

If you want to educate someone on Leangains, give them the websites they need to read. Teach a man to fish and all that bullshit.

2. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

Remind me what you do again? <50g on non-training days?

Just curious to know how you effect the change in your diet...ie. what carbs you drop, what you add, etc.

3. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

Awesome dude, thanks, will go through all that.

4. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

The weird thing is that Mark gets his advice from Conceptionist despite having a better physique than him.

:hide:

No hate on conceptionist, of course.

5. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

I just do 4 days of <50g carbs followed by a 600g refeed day. I try to make nearly all of my carb-up carbs starch and dextrose and avoid fructose.

6. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

TK aware me on your direct ab work please. Think you may have posted it before but not sure where it is.

7. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

tbh it's not a whole lot. Mainly I just did compound lifts for so long without a belt that they developed on their own. After working out with charly and now that I'm using a belt, I do 4x10 incline situps(with weight if I have enough energy) at the end of my workout.

I also used to do overhead squats which I felt really helped. I don't do them anymore, though.

8. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

Haha, this is heavily debatable, dude is shred city, after I cut then we can fairly judge :foo:

9. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Also mark is manlet so that's an auto -2 :nest:

10. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Well the fact that it's debatable might mean that your advice should come from elsewhere.

You're both at an intermediate fitness level. Good advice comes from people with a lot more experience than you.

1 person likes this.
  11. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

I'm like 5'10.5, Manlet King status

Concept is basically like my sparknotes haha, he reads all the material and breaks it down to me in easy to understand bits.

12. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

No worries TK. I know I've been fucking around for too long.
    On a solid plan now and am at my heaviest ever with a lot of leeway left for continue bulking. As soon as I don't know how to continue get gains I'm gonna get a coach so I don't waste my time any further.

Not to sound like a dick but yeah, as 6'3 you're kind of at an disadvantage for looking big. I mean, Fuji's very strong for his size and he's still not what I would consider "big" (no offense and you have a great physique, but thats another thing). I could bulk way up to 225-240 which would be a decent weight for my height, but I don't see the point in it right now. I'm gonna take my time with it.

Also, it seems like there's some misunderstanding about how I give out advice. I just wan't to clarify this so we can stop discussing it.

I break existing theories and methods down in an easier way. I never make stuff up on my own. I don't have enough experience for that and I am fully aware of it. I merely pass on established methods used by highly held coaches like Berkhan, Renaissance Periodization and one of the top powerlifting coaches in the world. I surely can't know all of their details, but I've studied them enough to grasp the basics of it.

The fact that you're swole does not automatically mean that you know what you're doing and that you are on a good plan tailored to you. In the same way, a smaller dude could very well be on a perfect training program, knowing exactly what he's doing, but have other factors hindering his progress. There's simply more to it than "big and strong = knowledgable". Its kind of like asking the biggest dude in the gym for advice, which is totally fine, but could lead to gym-myths / bad broscience and the like.

I think a mix of some science and getting advice from experienced people IRL is the best and would be happy if I could help someone out with the former.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
  13. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

I call bullshit

14. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

I know what you're saying and I think you know what I mean too.
    "Big" might not be the correct word. I'm meaning looking like you lift if you look at a guy in a picture, in isolation of other people around him. A 6'3 guy at 200 lbs will always be "bigger" than a 5'8 guy at 180.

What I'm saying is that for a guy starting out around 155 at 6'3 with a pretty small frame, you have to gain more muscle to look as thick and wide as the dude who is 5'8 at 130.
    Taller guys are often relatively skinnier for their height in comparison to shorter guys.

But yeah, if you're very tall you obv have a lot more potential for being huge.

15. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

conceptionist should just run a couple cycles and become a giant bear.

2 people like this.
  16. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Feeling oddly lean at 183lbs right now. Don't think I've been this lean since my olympic lifting days and that doesn't count because I was 139lbs. (still higher bodyfat than most people maintain here) Guess I'll do 3 more pounds then maintin here for 3-4 weeks or so. This puts me at over bodyweight bench now, hah. Going to nail 305 squat x 4 at 180lbs, will be happy about that.

17. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

Read on Brandon Lillys instagram that he is going to do a bodybuilding show, kind of as a confidence builder/rehab thing. Should be really interesting seeing him cut up

18. fuji

fuji Senior member

Conceptionist, you should never complain about being the 6'3" wide shouldered, small waisted, small jointed master race. It's like having the god given right/duty to cycle hard as fuck and look like some national portrait gallery shit carved out of granite instead of an angry gross gremlin.

13 people like this.
  19. concealed

concealed Senior member

^ a more profound observation has never been made before. go forth and conquer.

20. LeeroyDaBoy

LeeroyDaBoy Senior member

6'3" 267 pound club checking in.