Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Why would you train on a cheat day? That completely defeats the purpose of letting yourself go.

2. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Why would you train on a cheat day? That completely defeats the purpose of letting yourself go.
    huh? how so? I love training. I don't find it to be a hassle at all. plus, I like the thought of bombarding myself with 12 hours of sugar, fat, and protein after a hard workout.

3. Kajak

Kajak Senior member

Somehow I see 5000+kcal prior to heavy lifting ending poorly.

4. mrchariybrown

I didn't say all that. I was thinking I might try to squeeze in about 1500 calories before my workout and see if I end up puking half way through my training.

I think I should be fine given that it's an upper body day.

5. Kajak

Kajak Senior member

Oh okay. I was thinking a semi-equal distribution + Deadlifts or Squats...

6. mrchariybrown

5000 calories in the two hours prior to lifting, then 5000 calories in the 12 hours after? lol

5000 calories in two hours would result in me doing nothing but lying on my stomach for the following two hours.

7. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

huh? how so? I love training. I don't find it to be a hassle at all. plus, I like the thought of bombarding myself with 12 hours of sugar, fat, and protein after a hard workout.
    Not being a hassle. More along the lines of the freedom. For me, the cheat day provides a break from the rigidity and grind of daily dieting. No scales, no containers, no bullshit, and no worries. I suppose I like to throw no gym in there as well. Free as a bird.

8. mrchariybrown

Not being a hassle. More along the lines of the freedom. For me, the cheat day provides a break from the rigidity and grind of daily dieting. No scales, no containers, no bullshit, and no worries. I suppose I like to throw no gym in there as well. Free as a bird.

that's my point. "freedom" in my head would be allowing myself to go to the gym. I'd be itching the whole day if I didn't go to the gym hah

9. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Got a fucking neck sprain today in the weirdest way [​IMG] Usually I do DB bench but every now and then I switch back to BB bench to gauge progress + "confuse the muscles". Well, the good news is I'm definitely able to toss more weight on the BB... possibly ready to jump from 3x8x195 to 3x8x205. The bad news is somehow BB bench causes me to tense up my neck in a way that if I don't do it often apparently I sprain it. Shit sucks... I'm normally asleep at this time but was hurting + had to take an aspirin. Not sure how to proceed... prob gonna get one of those soft collars & a cool pack. WTF man

10. mrchariybrown

that happens to me with BB presses sometimes if I don't stretch my neck properly before going heavy

11. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

First IF mini-cut over, shed about 7 lbs and lifts did not suffer.

12. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

7lbs mini cut? How long did that take?

13. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

Just been shaving off some cals since xmas eve. A few missteps along the way (cereal, anyone...) but for a start I fathom it's alright. Not all fat, ofc (still natty here), but not all fluid either.

There's still much room for improvement on the diet and I've been doing almost no cardio at all (some walking, that's about it) but I'm thinking just hanging at maintenance for a while and maybe set up a few rounds of UD2 or something. Trying to lean out a bit slower this time - I was at 10-ish bf last summer but I think I lost quite a bit of lean mass on that run as well.

14. Rikkar501

Rikkar501 Senior member

I know this has been beat into the ground, but what sets a good multi vitamin apart from others? I just picked up the "pantheon pack" from Trader Joe's; $9.99 for a months supply. Normally I research the piss out of something before I buy it (especially supplements) but I just grabbed this one and went with it.

[​IMG]

15. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

I'm in a skeptical hippo mood after watching some Alan Aragon vids. I forgot about the binge day / purge day.

When I see 10k Saturday and 0k Sunday, I am less surprised. That's 5k each day which sounds right for someone of Charly's height, weight, musculature, activity level, and with the goal of gaining strength / muscle.

Additionally, as you've been doing it two months and you've been leaning out, that's probably a factor of originally doing less. Let's say 8k Saturdays - which could practically leave you in a deficit for the weekend, especially if you work out on Saturday's you say? You heavy lift 6 days / week maybe?

Extra leaning out on Sunday from emptying your body of food. We're always thinner in the morning and you do it another 24hrs. Even if you gain a solid pound of fat from Saturday, it will be dispersed in a way which is less volume than 3,600kcal in your belly. It has none of the fiber or water contained in food. Plus the water dump from no carbs for 24 hrs.

Extra psychological trickery from exerting the self control of not eating on Sundays. That self control makes us feel good and if I recall Charly has admitted a penchant for this.

I feel as if anyone who works out during the week and tries hard to forget about calories and ratios for the weekend is probably doing this already. I try to do this already.

I hope this isn't offensive. It is just some observations.