1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. newguy123

newguy123 Member

Hey Guys,

This thread looks like one of the most useful on here! pretty excited that I found it today! incredibly helpful! Thanks!

2. Diesel0022

Diesel0022 Active Member

Hitting the powerhouse gym in VA while im down there next week

Meeting with a few guys from BB.com

3. fuji

fuji Senior member

Yeah we're really into helping each other achieve our goals with positive encouragement and solid advice.....

4 people like this.
  4. Eason

Eason Senior member

shoulders looking broad as fuark but need shirtless pics to judge..

5. LeeroyDaBoy

LeeroyDaBoy Senior member

I remember when I was 200 pounds. : (

6. Tigerprawn

Tigerprawn Senior member

Am I weird or does anyone else have the same train of thought? I detest cardio because it's boring as fuck... but I enjoy cardio in the rain and ultra hot heat. I guess I like the uncomfortable/harder conditions so it's less boring. Does that make any sense at all lol?

7. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

same reason i like trail running.

8. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

I've been swimming twice a week and I love it. Only form of cardio that i've actually enjoyed, past actually playing a sport or riding a real bike.

9. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

Solid info:

[​IMG]

- Training fasted not optimal for muscle hypertrophy
    - Protein synthesis tops at 40g post workout. Less protein than this in the post workout meal can lead to less protein synthesis, but any amount of protein over that amount will have negligible effect
    - Guidelines for protein intake pre- & post workout is LBM x 0.25 each, taken within 2 hours before / after the workout starts / ends

10. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Yea, I'm admire Charly silent rage. I'm such an emotional baby when it's time to do a PR, I need to huff and puff and have someone telling me YOU GOT THIS BRO. I do need to find someone to lift with though, lifting in the morning with 50 year old ladies listening to Jazz is just not getting me amped enough :(

Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
  11. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

I respect AA but I'm gonna keep training fasted....... I just function better fasted... both in and out of the gym. I just had my first meal of the day today and I feel great. When I eat before the gym I feel sluggish as fuck no matter what the size or time before the meal is (within 1-2 hours)... I'm gonna keep going with what works for me

12. Tigerprawn

Tigerprawn Senior member

^ Yea I feel the same way. I can't run to just run, but if it's challenging and difficult I want to do it. Not talking long distance because anything beyond 11-13 I'm done.

Finished stairs/box jumps in the rain and tfw you got more cakes than the yoga pant wearin' girls doing stairs with you.

13. GraphicNovelty

Flyknit frees came

[​IMG]

(tights had that around the foot strap but I don't like wearing them that way)

14. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

what tights are those?

15. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

Have you tried to only eat protein and fats pre-workout?
    Carbs are usually what cause these kinds of crash, going hypo / carb crashing, you know.

Just something small like 2 eggs, some cottage cheese, and some spinach in olive oil would do the trick for getting some nutrients in before the workout without getting full and crashing.

16. GraphicNovelty

target women's cold weather running tights. They were sold out of men's so i tried on women's.

I'm wearing them under some uniqlo chinos for work.

17. ellsbebc

ellsbebc Senior member

Aimlessly browsing gyms online in my new city. Stumble upon this gem nbsfitness.com. Conveniently located within minutes from where I will be. Scared to ask the membership cost.

18. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Tee Cummins trains there

1 person likes this.
  19. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Eggs are too high cholesterol. I get about 10g of BCAAs so it's not completely fasted. IDK. My system now works for me

20. cross22

cross22 Senior member

There is nothing wrong with cholesterol, its adverse health affects are pretty much debunked these days.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
    1 person likes this.