1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

Recorded the Russia - Finland hockey game, and tried hard as fuck to not hear anything about it.

Just watched it with my father, goddamn, Russia whyyoulose : (

2. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

You watch the Russian v USA?

3. tesseract

tesseract Senior member

Just bought some sprinting spikes so I actually have a reason to do cardio. This should be fun.

4. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

So is there any good way to train yourself to keep your neck neutral during a pull other than just doing it?

5. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

You introducing cardio cause weight loss has stalled? Or just so you can eat more?

6. tesseract

tesseract Senior member

I lost maybe 4 pounds but lost two inches around my waist. I have just been planning on doing a ton of sprinting, tire flips and sled drags this spring. Also as soon as I'm done constructing my farmers walks ill be doing those too.

7. jarude

jarude Senior member

Suomi :slayer:

Srs though that sucks hard, badfeelsman. Bowing out in the quarters on home ice is tragic.

8. Evolve

Evolve Senior member

Chuck Taylors FTW. They're my go-to gym shoe AND casual sneaker. Got like 4 pairs. True story, brah. It's funny, I used to dislike them because they're so plain and old school. Now, I like them precisely for those reasons.

Deep philosophical thought of the day: I wonder what other beliefs and opinions of mine will one day be completely opposite of what they are now... :foo:

Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
  9. Van Veen

Van Veen Senior member

I can't get into Chucks. I already look 10 years younger than I am... Chucks just make it worse.

They're bizarrely popular in Stockholm, though. I would guess that at least 50% of under-35s I saw were wearing Chucks. There are whole Journeys-like trendy shoe stores dedicated to selling Chucks.

10. TehBunny

TehBunny Senior member

Just do it in my case, I used the 'double chin' cue on my friend who just started deadlifting and shot his head way back when he got the weight off the floor.
    btw HNNNNNNG found a Strength & C gym with some IPF Powerlifters 6 minutes from my house, no more 1-2 hour drive!

11. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

You prob already know but I saw a video of Greg on his channels were he talks about his experience with the Bulgarian frequency method. He got some insane gains of it, esp considering the level he is at and the poundages he pushes.

I also know some guys who lifts like this. Their technique is better than most other dudes at their level. Seems like you don't get as sore either when the body has adapted, although you prob have to spend more time working out accumulated stiffness and do more active recovery measures.

I think it'd be a wise idea to have a coach the first time you try this kind of training. Otherwise there's a big risk of doing too much and ending up overworked or injured. Auto regulation is prob the most difficult aspect of it.

You should read "Squat every day" if you haven't. Might be a good idea to pick up Tuchscherers RTS-manual too. I have to get that one.

Hmm... Just mix white rice, a protein powder, milk and peanut butter.

12. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

Found a new channel on youtube.
    Very good informative content.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nothing really new to me but some of you guys might be interested

Edit:
    Fuuuuuaaarrrrk.
    Just did some bodyweight squats trying out a new technique.
    Wore my favorite pants and managed to blow out the whole crotch area, not only the seam but the whole fabric ripped [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 20, 2014
    2 people like this.
  13. jarude

jarude Senior member

The RTS manual is written in Greek. Aimed at high intermediate geared powerlifters for sure... I didn't really get anything out of it.

14. Diesel0022

Diesel0022 Active Member

Just backed the Gustin Slub16 jeans

1 person likes this.
  15. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

Who here highbar squats? Been playing around with form and bar position yet again, and i'm really diggin low bar. I kind of think my upper body falls too far forward though, going to film a video and have you guys evaluate.

16. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

I switched from low bar to high bar (with some front squat in there as a transition) and I prefer it.

Feels more natural for me and I much prefer keeping my back upright.

17. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

Just goes to show we're all different. I actually feel more natural with low bar, and weight that feels heavy with high, I can do a lot easier with low.

18. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

I lowbar and highbar. I think lifters should train both. I'll lowbar my main sets because like most people I can lift more with lowbar, but then I will do highbar with 230 as accessory to work the quads and it also helps a lot with my lowbar form. So something like lowbar 290 x 5, highbar 230 x 8. I try to keep them close.

This is the dude that writes my diet. He's super knowledgeable and this series has a ton of great information.

19. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

So, Greg writes your routines and this other guy writes your diets? What the hell does that run you?

20. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

I got Greg when he was super cheap. Diet was gotten about a year ago and I've been able to adapt it to fit whatever needs I need, was a one time thing.