Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. why

why Senior member

bicep hurts, shoulder socket pops

Been reading up on symptoms a bit and I seem to have very mildly hurt my left rotator cuff. This seems ironic to me as it happened after I deloaded my DL and OP, but did slower and more deliberate reps. I don't think I did anything wrong, but the slower reps may have revealed (exacerbated) a developing problem (probably overuse).

It sounds like a torn labrum (SLAP tear).

2. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

I'm going to go eat a bagel. FUCK YOU HEALTH AND BODY FORUM.

3. HgaleK

HgaleK Senior member

Just cleared out the junk food in my dorm. Snacks are just like cigarettes- it's fucking hard to ignore them when there's a pack/sweet and salty trail mix staring at you for days.

I'm also fucking sore. I had my first real workout in a long time (was doing chins/pushups/running before). High volume + high intensity = dead muscles this morning.

4. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

It sounds like a torn labrum (SLAP tear).
    Ugh. Thanks. That sounds terrible. Considering just running all March. GF wants me to run a 5k with her on the 28th. Maybe I'll do push ups for rehab or something. I think the damage was done on my first deadlift. I had been deadlifting with loose shoulders, trainer said I should stiffen up, I stiffened up before the lift and my shoulder sort of "fell" on the way up. It probably ripped itself up on the way down.

5. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

When you guys do pullups/chinups, when you go down, do you straighten your arms out, or keep them bent? Does it make that much of a difference?

6. otter

otter Senior member

When you guys do pullups/chinups, when you go down, do you straighten your arms out, or keep them bent? Does it make that much of a difference?

straight, unless you have tennis elbow

7. HgaleK

HgaleK Senior member

Like full range of motion sort of deal? The hardest part of a pull/chin up is starting it from a straight arm, so I figure that it must make some sort of difference.

8. otter

otter Senior member

Like full range of motion sort of deal? The hardest part of a pull/chin up is starting it from a straight arm, so I figure that it must make some sort of difference.

very true, its initial movement that places the most stress

but dont move your elbows, they have to be fixed...this way you dont cheat

9. lefty

lefty Senior member

For those guys trying to bulk but getting exhausted from lifting all that food.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

lefty

10. Mblova

Mblova Senior member

Speaking of gh, have any of you guys tried it? Seems to do a body good.

11. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

goddamnit, seem to be getting sick again. every two fucking months like clockwork

12. Pennglock

Pennglock Senior member

Running + maintaining strength on lifts = impossible...

13. Matt

Matt [email protected]

Hurt my ever-volatile left knee kickboxing a couple of weeks ago. Didn't pivot enough, which gave it a jar, then wore a couple of kicks to it while it was already slow and suffering. Dumb-ass-me spars through it nonetheless, and ends up wearing a knee brace for a week.

As such, have been taking it easy since, although the waist line is just starting to remind me of my lack of exercise. It'd been feeling OK for the past few days, so ran my 5 km again yesterday morning.

.....and now my knee is sore as fuck again.

[​IMG]

14. Matt

Matt [email protected]

ya, I tend to swim occasionally at my gym, but the 18 metre pool they have there is kinda pointless. To get anything out of it, I need to not push off the wall, and do it without kicking.

However, April 1 I move into a new place, new apartment complex with a ~40 metre pool....so, yup, swimming is sitting high on the list.

15. Matt

Matt [email protected]