1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. conceptionist

conceptionist Well-Known Member

A guy on a Swedish lifting forum tried a lil experiment with his diet.
    He's 5'8, 185 pounds, 12% bf. In great shape.
    Very active lifestyle with weight training and up to 4 hours of mixed forms of cardio every day. He rides his bicycle whenever he has to go somewhere.

1000g carbs
    50g fat
    200g protein
    Around 5200-5500 calories
    Every day to see what would happen with his weight, body composition and mood.

After two weeks, his weight is still at 185 pounds. His mood is more stable and feels happier. No problem training up to 7-8 hours a day.

So much for LCHF / keto for active people.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2014
  2. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Well-Known Member

started bridge to 10k. Still slow as fuck but endurance is improving and I should be better on the street vs. the treadmill.

Also, the minimalist footwear has been giving me decent calf gains.

1 person likes this.
  3. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Well-Known Member

Well... duh lol

1 person likes this.
  4. conceptionist

conceptionist Well-Known Member

You mean that its a given, charly?

I mean, you hear a lot of information in media about how carbs are evil and there are still guys out there who do strict keto for cutting weight. I'm just saying that carbs in themselves will not make you fat. This guy was obviously on a calorie balance and is very active, which would explain why he didn't gain weight.

However, if you are on a calorie surplus and eat a lot of carbs, I think its safer to go low on the fat. Very high intakes of both on a surplus seems to be a cause for fat gain (high fat, high carb, low-moderate protein in a constant surplus is pretty much the typical fatty's diet).

5. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Well-Known Member

OK. Sumo form check, PR at 5x395. Damn I am fat

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

2 people like this.
  6. MarkI

MarkI Well-Known Member

Can you guys list some of your favorite low fat protein items? Carbs and fats are relatively easy to hit, but I keep coming up slightly short with protein and end up having to take whey, which throws my macros off with all the added shit it has in it.

Alternatively if there's a pure protein powder out there with hardly any fats or carbs would be nice to know.

7. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Well-Known Member

Greek yogurt, egg whites, lean meat, soy milk, fat free cheese, etc.

True Nutrition makes protein isolate:

http://truenutrition.com/p-947-whey-protein-isolate-cold-filtration-1lb-milk.aspx?

It doesn't taste that good, though, and starts smelling like ass if you get it wet and wait for about 3 minutes because it doesn't have any kind of preservatives, so you gotta take it right away and wash your shaker out. Also, BCAA's are pure proton aren't they?

What's the consensus on where CTK's ass is at in that video? Too high or acceptable? I used to keep my ass up like that but felt it all in my lower back, but maybe my form was different.

8. Cool The Kid

Thats exactly what I was looking for a consensus on. Charly says it's OK for the ass to be higher on sumo deads but I still think I'm a little too high. I think my hips are rising a little too fast at the start. But when I tried to keep my hips low it just felt like a squat.

9. mrchariybrown

That's happening because of two things.

One, your mobility needs work. You aren't externally rotating your hips out enough. You can tell by how your knees are far over the bar. Good article for you to read: https://www.lift.net/2013/11/13/the-art-of-the-sumo-deadlift-part-2-mobility/

Two, you're jerking the bar off the ground instead of a fast transition after your pull the slack out of the bar.

1 person likes this.
  10. mrchariybrown

There are very few (successful) bodybuilders that cut with keto. I can't really speak for someone that's 175 that diets because in all honesty.. pretty much anything will work for him. Not much to lose at that point.

As for carbs and how the media portrays it... the media is retarded.

Carbs are needed is you're gaining, maintaining, or losing.

The only time I drop them is my last week before I need to weigh in. At which point, I'm drained as fuck and don't train at all that week.

2 people like this.
  11. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Well-Known Member

ostrim jerkey is not cheap but not killer.

ON Gold Standard whey has 24g protein but only 1g fat and 3g carbs...

12. MarkI

MarkI Well-Known Member

Already got greek yogurt and lean meat on deck. When you take an egg, and only use the whites, how do you adjust the macros?

Completely forgot about ONGS, that's what I used to use. Gonna grab some of that. Using Trader Joes house brand now, and it's only 16g per serving with fats and carbs that don't make it worth it.

13. TeeKay

TeeKay Well-Known Member

Tried yohimbine for the first time today. Think it's working. Only problem is it's making some of these PAWG nurses look pretty good..

2 people like this.
  14. TeeKay

TeeKay Well-Known Member

Also keto fucking sucks. There's a reason i do carb cycling instead of pure keto. It feels truly miserable.

15. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Well-Known Member

Uhh, you record "1 egg white"...

Yohimbine is the fucking shit. Aside from being insanely thirsty all the time and somewhat jittery, felt really good on it. I'm excited to get on that shit when I start cutting.

16. MarkI

MarkI Well-Known Member

I feel like I've asked you this before, but if you could please humor me, what're your macros on lift and non lifting days, and how often do you do refeeds and refeed macros?

17. El Argentino

El Argentino Well-Known Member

I've been loving these:

[​IMG][​IMG]

18. TeeKay

TeeKay Well-Known Member

Weeks 1-8: -700 cals every day. 200g protein, don't track fat or carbs. One cheat meal a week
    Weeks 9-16; -700 cals every day except for refeeds. 200g protein, below 50g carbs, rest fats. Refeed every fifth day by eating at maintenance with 175g protein, rest carbs, minimal fat

19. Cool The Kid

Thanks

20. MarkI

MarkI Well-Known Member

Damn bro less than 50g/day for that long must suck