1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

I'm not saying the math is hard

2. fuji

fuji Senior member

Why are you applying for grad school? Aren't you doing an econ phd? I'm thinking of doing an Msc, luckily not entry exams in the UK. Probably won't do statistics anymore as I just want to chill out for a year and I'm only doing it to get a nice name on my CV, a new alumni network and another year for job applications. I'll probably do like development economics at oxford or something less rigorous then risk and stochastic processes.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
  3. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

Just received my black 13mm Inzer lever belt... going deadlifting with it tonight. Come at me hip bruises. The experts at my gym basically said 10mm belts are preferred by the fat dudes, especially when deadlifting. If you're not fat, get either, but the difference between 10 and 13 is noticeable. One of the coaches has a bit of a gut and has a 10 for deadlifting and 13 for squatting. They pretty much agree it has nothing to do with how much weight you're moving nor is it too early to start belting up.

1 person likes this.
  4. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

I'm not sure what i'm going for but i'm doing it so i have it out of the way. Maybe a stats MA bc it'll help with my field and I can do courses in comp sci.

I'm going for a perfect score.

5. jarude

jarude Senior member

hockey >>>>>>>>>>>> *

football is semi-retarded. if you dont grow up with it, there's nothing fun about it - too much stop n go i think. i tried to pay attention to it this year but without a real appreciation for it, its pretty hard to watch.

its not as bad as basketball/baseball though, i cant understand the appeal of those two. i guess i can see getting drunk at a ball game in the middle of summer, but basketball? zzz.

1 person likes this.
  6. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Basketball is way better thsn baseball...which is the worst.

Lacrosse is still goat sport though

1 person likes this.
  7. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

I haven't watched a football game in about 11 years.

I just bought a back scratcher off Amazon. Dem back got big, can't reach and I'm itchy.

8. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

Hockey is goat of all time sport, basketball next.

I don't watch American football either, I understand the appeal but at the same time I don't and think it's kind of stupid.

I'd like to get into soccer , hopefully it gets bigger in the states.

9. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

lol spotted at the gym... telescoping back scratcher:
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

God I'm so bad at rack pulls.

How much are you supposed to rack pull in comparison to your DL?

11. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

All ball sports bore me.

It's all about track & field, winter sports, motor sports and "extreme sports" such as skateboarding or snowboarding.

Thinking about it, I actually enjoy watching golf. Something soothing and relaxing about it that I like. Hate to play it though since I have the worst patience and easily get frustrated. Would be cool to get into when I'm old.

12. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

Watching golf is really relaxing actually, I agree with this. I used to love watching it when I was hungover. It's also a shit load of fun to go to the driving range and whack a couple dozen balls, never played a full game though.

13. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Do powerlifting, oly lifting, and bodybuilding count as sports? because if so I like those ones.

14. jarude

jarude Senior member

According to bros on my fb, bodybuilding is a religion, so no.

15. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

hah! Awesome. Guess I'm not the only one who wants one of these in my gym bag.

16. Van Veen

Van Veen Senior member

I did research on this recently. (It's not from personal experience, so take it for what it's worth.) The general consensus seems to be when you are approaching a 1.5x BW squat. Whenever posts like this come up in other forums, most guys say they started thinking about belting up in the high 200s. I think you will be able to tell when core tightness starts to become the limiting factor.

17. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

Thanks for this. I'm about there re: 1.5BW squat and am starting to think it might be a good idea.

18. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

might as well. There's some studies that show there's no decrease in abdominal pressure when using a belt and there's actually more muscle activation in the glutes and quads with a belt on. Still good to develop a proper brace sequence sans belt though

19. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

Do you guys prefer single or double prong belts?

20. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Im on the fence with belts. I have my gut to keep my shit stable. I will probably get one once I lean out