1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

I lift so I can eventually reach my goal:

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  2. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

Woke up early to train. Hit a DL rep PR. Came home and ate myself into a coma. Gonna take a power nap until the game starts. Good feels.

1 person likes this.
  3. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

Of course the actual lifting is what I enjoy the most. I'm just saying that learning new stuff keeps it from getting stale. Its more that I can't identify myself with the meathead mentality, but I don't think I'm alone in that either.

4. Tigerprawn

Tigerprawn Senior member

I enjoy some of the technical and deeper aspects of lifting too since most of the time it translates into some technique revelation for me and I end up crushing a PR. At the core of it though I'm the guy that just enjoys seeing some huge weight move through nothing more than the human body and determination.

5. jarude

jarude Senior member

lifting feels that's why

6. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

I just wanna get aesthetic really

1 person likes this.
  7. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

This Super Bowl sucks

1 person likes this.
  8. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

I'm sorry, but that is blatantly wrong, success is never guaranteed, there's a lot of luck in there as well.

Need to get going on my cut, but can't get my ass in gear. :embar:

9. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

Luck is what lazy people call hard work and persistence.

10. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Words of the young.

You can be the best and the hardest working, if you don't have luck, you are not going anywhere, believe me I've seen it more than once.

11. Khayembii Communique

You don't get anywhere with hard work alone. You don't get anywhere being the best if you don't know how to show people you are. If you're truly the best, and you're persistent in showing people that, eventually somebody is going to take notice.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2014
  12. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Eventhough you are still not guaranteed anything, but you will figure that out at some point.

13. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

I kind of think it would be awesome to have a coach who tells you exactly what to eat and when,make your grocery list, etc.... And put together your workout plan.

I'm assuming this is a very costly venture though, right?

14. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

It can be.To simplify things I decided to just manage my mobility/recovery and let other people do my diet and training. I don't read any training or diet articles online now, so time/headache spent not reading that shit now is now money saved.

I've hired three people since I started last year (well four if you count sessions with Travis Mash). One was a waste of money. Other two I was very happy. I pay Greg Knuckols about $12-16 a week and I'm more than happy to pay him that, well worth it. If my gym wasn't $20 a week I'd have him all the time, but it looks like it will be a 3 months on 3 months off type of thing.

15. Khayembii Communique

Of course you're not guaranteed anything, but I'm not defining success in terms of accomplishing every single goal you ever set out to accomplish with a 100% achievement rate...

16. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

Interesting.

I would not want an online coach though... i'd prefer someone face to face.

How do I even begin looking for someone, is there some sort of coach/trainer resource?

17. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

if only there existed a profession wherein someone personally trains you.

dumb pt's get a lot of crap but i'm sure if you look around you can find a PT at a commercial gym who knows his shit.

1 person likes this.
  18. Khayembii Communique

My buddy that I bought training sessions for my gf with gave me a free sesh and we just went over the main lifts. He told me to keep my feet straight on deadlift and just barely point them out when I squat, which is way different than what I was doing before (getting a really wide stance with my feet/legs pointed out). He said it really helps maintain tension through your legs and prevents your back from rounding when you pull/squat. Feels weird as fuck but we'll see how it goes, I pulled a single at 365 pretty easily with chalk so that was rad. He also confirmed that I'm not doing anything wrong on gripping the bar and that my grip strength just sucks hahaha.

Also explained how to position your body on the bench which I'm hoping will help my bench really take off, we'll see though I guess.

19. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Yea, face to face is pretty effective. I put on 25-50lbs on my lifts in my first session with Travis with just his tips. But paying someone to follow you around every workout is a waste of money.

20. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Even if you do everything right, you can still flat out fail.