1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

I will try some of this since my OHP has been stuck at the same pathetic weight since september :/

I am wearing a pair of raw denim I hadn't put on in awhile and I think my thighs are losing circulation.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
  2. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Just an opinion but if you're looking for carry over in your OHP don't do it like that guy in the video.

You can use them same range of motion, but don't let your ribs flair and lumbar spine go into extension.

3. rjbman

rjbman Senior member

I think it's too cold to go to the gym today. 25 minute walk in -30 with windchill where it takes about 15 minutes for frostbite. We'll see though.

4. Tigerprawn

Tigerprawn Senior member

Layer up. Makes you look buffer!

I got an hour "weight lifting" course in between classes. Hopefully that just means free reign and not step by step stuff.

1 person likes this.
  5. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

oops lol

6. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

RHET brah opinion, if a girl posts pictures of herself in her bra in Instagram, but the pictures are... Tasteful, can she still be relationship material?

7. Tigerprawn

Tigerprawn Senior member

She might be attention seeking or confident or both. Wouldn't rule her out.

8. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

no

9. gort

gort Senior member

No!

Somewhere on the internet, a girl is asking "if a man posts pictures of himself nude only covering his junk on an internet forum about clothes, can he still be relationship material? :lol:

Sorry Mark couldn't resist.

3 people like this.
  10. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

her bra pics are no different from bro shirtless pics imo.

though pm me the ig to confirm.

1 person likes this.
  11. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

She deleted it right quick, which gives me hope. She is private doe dawg

12. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

You have a bigger pool of exercises? I think I already do a lot of lifts. I mean, todays workout took 2.5 hours.
    Sure, I don't have big variety and I keep my selection very basic, but that has only been for the better for me.
    How is your routine structured now?

I came from a routine where I had 4 days a week, each of them devoted to one of the big three + accessory work to drive that lift of the day up.
    I was progressing fine on that template, but I wanted to change to full body to get higher frequency and volume with the compounds to really get my technique dialed in and possibly make faster gains.

When I did the change to ICF 5x5, I initially had to drop my worksets by quite a bit since I would be doing higher volume and more taxing lifts in the same session. Now, about a month later, my lifts are over where they were before with more reps within each set and higher total volume for each lift.

For instance, my 5x5 squat has gone up 45 pounds since Xmas (220-265). 1x5 DL has increased as much. Bench and OHP are progressing slower but I've also change some form and technique issues and deloaded on those. They're moving up now though. All smaller lifts (like rows, cgbp, chinups, gms, sldl, etc) are also progressing every session.

There's certainly no reason for you to change your program if it works. Keep in mind that I train for powerlifting now and pretty much only strive to drive up the big three. I was also very interested in higher frequency methods and had read a lot about it when I did the change. That said, I personally don't see any reason to do many different lifts that achieve the exact same purpose (like bent over rows followed by T-bar rows). I would stick with one lift for a certain purpose and get really good at that instead. Strength is very specific and is a skill. Its not just about having stronger muscles. Generally, you will be good at what you train. If 75% of your volume is done by accessory work, then 75% of your training effect will come from those lifts. May be good for BBing, but not very time efficient for PLing imo. I also believe anyone would get a better training effect if they just stuck with the big lifts and adapted to doing more work with them.

13. conceptionist

Btw, a huge dude was doing some sumo pulls today. Had 520 pounds on the bar. I thought he was maxing. He did 15 reps that set.

That 17 year old guy has increased his total with 320 pounds since the beginning 2013, starting right at the numbers where I am now. I would be glad if I could achieve half of that this year.

14. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

15. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Chances of herpes in that population approaches 90%.

1 person likes this.
  16. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

Does anyone have any decent articles or even books on flexibility? I've never seen any good info on it besides a handful of stretching routines.

17. conceptionist

2 people like this.
  18. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Benched for the 1st time since November. #feelsgoodbrah.png

19. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

I skipped the gym today because my knee felt funny and I used it as an excuse to be lazy, and I'm seriously fucking depressed right now.

1 person likes this.
  20. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Gets Depressed on Rest Days Crew

1 person likes this.