1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

GN didn't you have some plank / side plant routine you were doing around the house? What was it?

re: Facial hair. I haven't had a haircut in like 4 months and grew out a mustache and a soul patch. I look like a different person, weird.

2. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

the worst of both worlds, you don't get the manly beard but you don't get to not shave either

3. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

Prepubescent facial hair crew checking in.

I got high and ran yesterday after a cup of coffee. Physically, it was really great and trance music was awesome but time passed so slowwly.

Ya it was my PT for my pubic symphasis disorder.

First you do 3 sets alternating Plank/Side Plank (do normal planks until you can work up to 60 seconds, then add 10 lbs, up to 60 seconds, 10 lbs etc. etc.)

Then you do cheek-to-cheeks (couldn't find a better name/place to find them) x20 on each side (3 sets)

Then I would do 3 sets of TRX Pendulum Pike (10 on each side)

4. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Awesome thanks. good stuff.

5. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

I can't grow beard but still shave with a safety razor and badger brush every other day [​IMG]
    Too nice routine to skip

6. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

A good shave with a DE nicely exfoliates the face I find

/metro

Last edited: Jan 26, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  7. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

TK when did you start pulling sumo?

8. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

About six months ago. Just feels more natural for me and I feel like I get less lumbar flexion. Still round my back like a mofo though lol. Will post vid of failed 495 attempt when I get home.

9. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]
    [VIDEO][/VIDEO]

1 person likes this.
  10. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Fuck dude mirin them quads hard.

RE: Sumo deadlift functional strength (0:26)

[VIDEO]
    [/VIDEO]

11. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

12. Tigerprawn

Tigerprawn Senior member

Lovin' the murica belt. Good pull. I dunno why I can't convince myself to try sumo. I just really love every aspect of conventional. Why did you guys (for those that did) end up switching?

---

Quick progress pics on my way out to cardio/stairs like a phag. Decided not to go all out dirty this time, but not exactly clean either. I make sure to hit my proteins and then have what I want without going crazy. I think it's working okay so far. Progress is obviously slower, but I do feel myself getting bigger up top while not losing too much in the legs. Got a nice layer of fat on me right now too. I should have measured, but I feel my chest and arms have gotten significantly bigger in the last 2 months or so. Arms probably due to me incorporating chinups and pullups in almost every on day.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

It feels more natural for me and I feel like I'm able to maintain my form at higher efforts than with conventional.

edit: looking good brah. Might wanna bring up dem delts a bit but overall good progress.

1 person likes this.
  14. fuji

fuji Senior member

You seem to pull sumo similar to me. As in not a proper sumo deadlift, basically just a wide stance conventional. No idea how you can miss a sumo pull that high up.

15. jarude

jarude Senior member

i do sumo for the same reason you do conventional - i love everything about it. it feels much more natural and i think it suits my strengths best.

with that kind of reasoning i should be blasting away at conventional to bring it to par but i just feel so much better doing sumo. looking good too brah.

16. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Do any of you guys experience weird hip pain pulling sumo though? I love pulling sumo too but this shit fucked me up. Once I'm healed up I'll put up a vid.

17. Tigerprawn

Tigerprawn Senior member

What do you rec for delt development TK? I incorporated 5x10 45lb plate raises at the end of each workout very recently to burn myself out like you mentioned awhile back, but what else do you rec?

EDIT:

Thanks for the insight. I wanna give sumo a try in the very near future. Maybe if my conventional keeps stalling I'll give sumo some time and development. I assume the transition has a decent learning curve.

18. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Exercises I currently love:

Push press
    Face Pulls(charly showed me a diff way than what I had been doing)
    Lateral raises w/ smith machine
    Plate raises

edit: was doing facepulls like this:

charly does them like this, and I'm now doing them too:

1 person likes this.
  19. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

Delts are arguably one of my best features, and I think lighter weight higher rep dumbbell presses really got them nice.

20. Tigerprawn

Tigerprawn Senior member

Aite gonna have to give both a try. Facepulls especially. I'm taking a "weight lifting" course in between my other courses and am just gonna do low weight volume stuff the whole time haha.

EDIT: Mark, I just saw your before and after pics again. You've come such a long way it's nuts. Like two different people. Probably already congratulated you, but man it amazes me every time I see it.