1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Depending on what you could do it could work. If I hadn't met my wife I'd prob still be in NYC for better or worse. NC def has its downsides too

I have a squat rack in my living room though. I can't go back

Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  2. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

I definitely drank a lot more when I was single. Now that I have a girlfriend it's much more weed and anime and board games and cooking.

The problem is that I like being social and it seems that so much NYC social life revolves around drinking.

1 person likes this.
  3. fuji

fuji Senior member

Today I curled in the gym using an eleiko bar and eleiko bumper plates off of clean blocks on a platform. Such a good feel.

4. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

I fit properly in very few of my shirts now. :(

Gonna eat my ass of for the next 6 weeks to finish off this bulk, not gonna be pretty. Will post "before" pics then just to see if I can beat TK for RHET-props.

5. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  6. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

This ON 5lb Chocolate Whey I got taste like garbage, something must have gone wrong with this batch. Hopefully Amazon can help me out here. It taste like sour grahm crackers, so weird been eating this protein for over a year now and the bad taste is noticeable.

edit - Amazon is awesome, 8 minutes later they shipped me out a new one next day air.

7. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

No it wasn't a mistake ON tastes like liquified chalk.

1 person likes this.
  8. Evolve

Evolve Senior member

On the topic of protein powder taste... I recently bought Dymatize cookies and cream flavored casein protein. It is hands down the best tasting protein powder I've ever had (and I've tried a lot). It mixes easier than any other protein powder I've had as well. Going to try their whey soon.

9. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

When you talk about taste you gotta say if it contains sweetner and shit.

10. rjbman

rjbman Senior member

Re: drinking, I'm still in college and so it's very well expected that I get drunk with my friends. I enjoy it, though I tend to enjoy the sitting and relaxing type bars over manic dance floor bars. School starts back Tuesday for me, so Friday night I went up with some friends to a house in the middle of the woods and just got absolutely trashed the last two nights (net damage: 4 cases of beer, 1 fifth of fireball, 1 bottle of champagne, and about a handle of burnetts between 12 people). Going to drink again tonight as I'm back on campus with a bunch of friends I've not seen for a month.

I find myself not enjoying it quite as much anymore and I've toned down over the past few months from where I was, now usually only drinking 4-6 drinks a night instead of 10+.

random thought: i fucked up my shoulder either slept on it wrong or screwed it up playing water basketball. Hopefully feels better tomorrow so I can hit the gym.

11. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

I do have an English degree haha, I hear those are somewhat in demand... give me some more information. I could teach yes?

Low stress is exactly what it is. I just want to be calm and comfortable. Hear you on the older people thing as well, most of my friends are a bit older, and people are usually surprised to find out i'm only 22. Such is life.

12. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

13. Khayembii Communique

Trimmed my chest hair, forgot how insanely more defined that makes you look hahaha.

Also trying out these Tan Towel things to see if they'll work so I don't have to be pale anymore. Seem pretty simple to use, will report back after results.

14. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Get on that Melanotan 2 time, son.

15. js4design

js4design Senior member

Yep, from Newport News, and ended up back here, though I work in Norfolk now.

UPS tracking says I should have Starting Strength 3rd edition and a new lifting belt in hand by the end of the day.

1 person likes this.
  16. Khayembii Communique

BTW brahs, that Special K protein cereal is pretty good and has 10g per serving.

Dat base tan

17. fuji

fuji Senior member

Just signed at a top bulge bracket investment bank. I finally made it brahs, next stop the buy side. Kind of russled because i sent off over 50 apps and this was my second one, wasted so much time prepping for other interviews.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
    7 people like this.
  18. Khayembii Communique

Congrats dude!!! Levfin or something else? Staying in UK I take it?

19. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Aware me on bulge bracket

20. fuji

fuji Senior member

It means the top 10 investment banks, goldman, morgan stanley, jp morgan, deutsche bank, UBS, credit suisse, bank of america merill lynch, citi group, barlcays and HSBC. They're the most desirable ones to work for. It's IBD. Still going to go to the interview for lev fin because it's more interesting to me then making pitch books, but this is one of the best bulge brackets, where as the lev fin is lower down the list so it would be a hard choice. I haven't actually signed yet, but I was made an exploding offer.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
    1 person likes this.