1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. tesseract

tesseract Senior member

What does pooping no handed mean?

2. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

I'm actually more curious what pooping one (or two!) handed means.

3. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Was just about to write the exact same thing... :uhoh:

4. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

keeping your dick between your thighs so you can piss into the toilet without having to hold it there. I could do it but now i can't anymore.

Reading classical literature on the toilet crew checking in.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
  5. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Brah, I get my best reading done on the throne. So comfortable and relaxed...

6. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

It's important to force the knees out on the descent of the movement to avoid any impingement and achieve full range of motion.

8 people like this.
  7. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

8. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

It's really amazing what losing a little water weight can do. Down 5 pounds during that time so far -- pants fitting looser already. I think my end of week-1 weight will be around 205, which means I have ~25 to lose over 15 weeks. Should be very doable.

9. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Fuck, looks like you lost like 15lb of water hahaha. I cant wait to do my cut

10. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

guise just so you know, matthias steiner, one of the best lifters in the world and probably a better lifter than any internet people ever dropped 196 on his neck at the olympics. he could've easily been full christopher reeve mode instantly, but luckily nothing happened. this guy wasn't that lucky and that's a real shame.

weird shit happens sometimes in sport, I refer to my sig on this matter.

3 people like this.
  11. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

TK, why did you lose so much water so quick? Less sodium?

12. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Sodium has a lot to do with it, but so does the decreased carb intake as well as the decrease in the physical quantity of food in me at any given point.

When I did carb cycling last year, I would sometimes gain as much as 5 pounds immediately following a refeed. Carbs make a huge difference.

13. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

That's awesome, good shit.

Question for you, or anyone else who has cut before, how do you get through the mental hurdle?

I'm looking forward to losing excess fat, but I keep postponing my cut because I'm scared of losing the gains I worked so hard to get over the past year.

Originally was going to start after the new year, then I said no, let me wait until my scale arrives from amazon so I can do it exactly, now my scale has come and I'm telling myself I should bulk out the rest of this month.

I know if I'm careful cutting, the risk of losing muscle is slim, but I still feel a bit reluctant.

14. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

tbh I'm much more motivated by appearance and performance in upcoming contests than I am the amount of weight in the bar. I know I'll get weaker -- it's inevitable. I find cutting easier than bulking though, since every day I look a little bit better in the mirror. I just remind myself, "if my goal was to lift a lot of weight, I'd lift a lot of weight." It's not my goal, so I don't. If you cut properly, you only see a temporary loss of strength, anyways. Just limit yourself to no more than 1.5-2lbs/week weight loss, keep protein intake at or above your body weight, and keep up your intensity in the gym and you should be fine.

1 person likes this.
  15. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Knowledge is like 90% of the battle and to that end MarkI I think you are pretty well armed

I would play it safe and try and do 1-1.5lb a week over the long term... you will prob lose 10lb the first month but it comes slow after that. Or it might not. You don't know how your body will react until you do it. That alone is why I'm looking forward to the cut... 2013 I learned how I bulk.... 2015 or late 2014 I will learn how I cut. And then from there I will be able to progress exactly how I want to. You can always get gains back and it's a long term game. Getting there is the fun part to me

1 person likes this.
  16. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

mark, the best way to motivate you is to think about the insane amount of sloots you will slay this summer because guys in NYC totally lack aesthetics.

chicks love abs. who gives a shit why. just get them.

17. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Flexed abs starting to become visible. Lower rib cage already visible. Fat fucking love handles still there. What have I done? :(

18. jarude

jarude Senior member

they are the last to go

or you're forever cursed by genetics :(

19. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Love handles are usually the result of water retention

20. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

That feel when your favorite local supp store hires new employees and they're all douchebags.

Today went in for creatine mono. Brah started asking me when during the day I take it(do you even pharmacokinetics?), telling me what I should "stack" it with, and pushing other forms of creatine on me. Guess that's that...bb.com will just get all my money.