1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Was watching a show in tv about fat people and they kept talking about bmi's, not once did they mention body fat percentage and the doctor repeatly said everyone with a bmi over 30% are fat.

2. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Hate BMI. Been obese since highschool based on that crap - even while running 7 minute miles.

1 person likes this.
  3. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

If you're bored, load up a youtube tab with "secret eaters." Those people are dellusional.

4. Evolve

Evolve Senior member

I can't understand why such an archaic and inaccurate method of determining body composition/health is still in such widespread use. I'm 5'10" and currently about 195, which puts me in the "overweight" category. However, I'm also 14% bf, have normal blood pressure, and a resting heart rate in the low 50s. When I finish cutting to about 180 and 10%, I'll still be "overweight", lol.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2014
  5. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Has anyone seen that skulpt bf device? They claim it's multiple times more accurate than bioimpedence and not succeptable to hydration levels. Curious how well their claims hold up.

6. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Not sure about winning...really more concerned about contest prep than the bb.com challenge. Of course if I happen to win 50k I won't complain! The guys in the past who have won have had transformations similar to what I hope to achieve.

7. skeen7908

skeen7908 Senior member

Pls post pics (no homo)

8. Evolve

Evolve Senior member

Before/after pics when I finish cutting?

9. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

Pulled 2x5x335 today. Deadlift is skyrocketing with straps, will surpass my squat next time.

5 lbs short of totaling 900, hyped on breaking that barrier. Really hoping I can hit 1000 by the end of Feb.

192 this morning. :slayer:

1 person likes this.
  10. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

11. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Its a no brainer

I even use them for (135#) db rows

12. bbaquiran

bbaquiran Senior member

13. fuji

fuji Senior member

Any rhet finance brahs want to explain what leveraged and acquisition finance is? Final round interview for it at a bulge bracket and I don't really understand what it is.

14. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

Do you mean LBO's and M&A modeling or something?

EDIT: It just sounds like financing M&A transactions, including LBO's

Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  15. concealed

concealed Senior member

LevFin is a group in IBD that primarily structures high yield debt and bank loans for LBOs, Refinancings, Acquisitions etc. Pretty prestigious group, less pitch work, more executing deals in most cases. Good exit ops.

16. jarude

jarude Senior member

Got a referral to the university sports medicine clinic finally, hopefully they can sort this shit out. Front squats Dont seem to bother the elbow too much so it's just them, deadlifts and shrugs for the next while I guess.

Also want to cut but even after tuning in diet a little, ive remembered why I Dont like cutting: I get ravenously stupid hungry. :(

17. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

fuck i hate undergrads, good thing I got double salary for this course TA

probably need to post an image macro of that fat guy in lebowski with the caption I'm marking it zero on my door

1 person likes this.
  18. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

The annual meeting at the PL club was today.
    Learnt that this is my last year as a junior lifter in IPF, and after that I will be a senior which will have me qualifying for the district series.

You have to sign up for all meets of the year according to the club policy, if you want to lift for them and get a lifters license for IPF. Problem is that the next meet is in just a month which doesn't leave enough room for prep and peaking. I'm not mentally ready for that either. My lifts are low but I don't care about that.

Had initially planned to bulk up until fall and do a meet then. Looks like I'll have to wait until next year but that'll also have me qualifying.
    No idea what numbers are required to pass the qualification but I'll just take this whole year to try to put on some quality mass. Guys at the club told me I should ideally be in the -120kg class for my height to be competitive [​IMG]

Charly:
    How long did it take for you to get from a 275 to 400 squat?

1 person likes this.
  19. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

yeah, it's about the same in weightlifting too (generally). Guys over 5'10-11" are either 105s or supers. I'm 5'8" and I thought my coach was kidding when I asked him what class I'd be if I'd be really competitive and he said probably a -94

Last edited: Jan 15, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  20. Transcendental

Transcendental Senior member

Funny, that anthropometry stuff. I'd love to be a super but then I might have no business on SF. I had average/abv avg results as an 85 in the couple nonofficial meets Ive done. I just wanna look real small and throw a guy twice my size out the window in a bar fight.