1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

NYR = cut down to 10% by my birthday (August 1st) and join thousand lb club.

I know both are entirely attainable, really looking forward to this year actually, and in all aspects of life, not just fitness

2 people like this.
  2. pbdeng4

pbdeng4 Active Member

Anyone else get general inflammation through their body when they gain weight? I didn't eat too well/work out as much due to the Holidays/work and I've noticed I'm starting to have a habitual sore throat and itchy feeling across my body.

3. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

Fuck. Yes. Today I channeled my inner-Charly. Despite not deadlifting since before Christmas, and since it was the first time I was using straps, I said fuck it and added 20 lbs. Pulled 2x5x315 so. fucking. unbelievably. easy.

My grip problem is 100% solved. I'm going to fly through the next 100lbs and I can't fucking wait. 875 total right now, 1000 by the time I start cutting is easily within reach again! :slayer:

1 person likes this.
  4. Nil

Nil Senior member

If those are solo sessions, that's a decent price. It's around the going rate for boxing coaches I've trained with.

1 person likes this.
  5. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

I don't know if using straps means that your grip problem is 100% solved. gjdm on the progress regardless

Last edited: Jan 3, 2014
  6. Tigerprawn

Tigerprawn Senior member

NYR:

• Try competing at least once this year
    • Hit milestones for all three lifts - 500 DL, 405 Squat, 250ish bench
    • Get real about my bulk and stop lingering around 170
    • Make school my bitch and continue onto new career path
    • Stop spending money on things I don't need

7. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Lot of lifting brahs I know are letting go of their bulking fears this year. It's a beautiful thing

8. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

lol was the fattest fuck on Miami beach this New Years but not a single shit was given.

9. concealed

concealed Senior member

Mine too, I like lululemon better, real talk. Material on the Olivers is kinda weird.

10. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Target champion shorts are GOAT. Cheap, flattering cut, and comfortable.

11. Khayembii Communique

Yeah well your being a bellend problem isn't 100% solved either.

12. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

I'm not trying to be a "bellend," but I wonder about this whenever I see you and Coldsnap post #'s.

Us three are more or less in the same boat, not lifting for all that long, somewhat similar goals. And out of the three, i've been lifting the least amount of time (one year next month) yet i'm stronger than the both of you.

Once again, not coming off as a jerk, is this genetics, consistency, determination, etc?

Makes me wonder if you take three genetically identical people, and put them through different styles of training for a year, what would happen

1 person likes this.
  13. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  14. Khayembii Communique

I can tell you that I've been pretty inconsistent with getting to the gym for a while, and also I wasn't monitoring my intake closely enough. And also, even though I've been lifting for a long time (like 4 years) it took me a long time to wade through all the bullshit and noise out there. I'd say that my only truly productive lifting occurred when I first started when I was doing SS, and now when I'm on SPBR. In October/November I made a lot of progress when I was consistent and eating big. One of my resolutions is to get to the gym consistently the whole year and make sure I'm getting enough protein.

Also doesn't help that I've been letting my deadlift stall for so long due to grip issues, and that my chest is insanely weak because I wasn't doing any meaningful chest work until I started SPBR. I thought I squatted more than you though?

15. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

Yeah, everyone here squats more than me, but now that i've fixed form it's working itself out, 1RM is 250 currently, what's yours?

16. Khayembii Communique

Never do 1RM but I'm at 2x5x345 for squat, 2x5x315 dead, 3x5x210 bench.

17. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

Ah, those are not bad #'s but for someone a year in I thought you'd be doing more. Why don't you test maxes?

18. Khayembii Communique

Thanks. IDK, don't really care about em, they're not in my prog and all I care about is that my numbers keep moving up with the same prog.

19. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

Makes sense.

It's fun having a day just to text maxes every couple of months, try it out, breaks up the monotony of a routine and gets you motivated

20. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Das not true :eek: