1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

It was never the front of my hip that hurt, it was the side..

2. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Mark you should take a video of your new form so we can see. There was a lot of disfunction in your previous squat, and it might help to get some eyes on your new form.

On a squat related note, I found that my damn form changes almost every 3 months. It's like my form was all different from 95lbs-185lbs, 200lbs-250lbs, 250lbs-300lbs, and 300lbs-325lbs.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  3. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

I'll get some vids next sesh

4. Transcendental

Transcendental Senior member

While possible, and maybe likely, this is such a shitshow type of comment. FAI can be confirmed 100% via CT after thorough mechanical testing and rotation deficits. If his hip was hurting outside near the trochanteric hip it is more likely that it is bursitis-like or IT band tightness related. In this case strengthening the adductors would be a bigger "bang for the buck" argument, and a wider stance being more comfortable makes sense. Glute med and max also.

5. jarude

jarude Senior member

hope rhet had a happy new year. i confirmed my status as a grouchy old man at heart by drinking 2 glasses of wine and going to bed at 12:30am. :slayer: gorged on ollie bollen, if you dont know what that shit is learn yourself up on the nederlands and my aryan heritage, then get back to me.

then i got up to make the most stupendous fucking breakfast concoction i've eaten in a damn long time:

3tbsp butter
    1.5 cup milk
    8 eggs
    .5 cup flour
    .25 cup starch
    1tsp baking powder
    1tsp salt
    3 cup shredded cheese
    3 cup hash browns
    12 strips bacon crumbled

melt butter in pan (9x13 if you give a shit), layer bottom of pan with hash browns. whisk all other ingredients except cheese together, then mix in cheese once its smooth. pour over hashbrown layer. bake at 350 for 45 mins. fucking godmode cheesy egg and bacon loaf breakfast, im telling you.

also my resolution is to sack up and stop being a bitch and just lift with straight arms only until i unfuck my elbow. any ideas on movements i can do that wont stress the forearms/elbows? so far i have deadlift variations, straight-arm pulldowns/pullovers, and shrugs. wat do

6. Eason

Eason Senior member

weighted lunges, hanging leg swings, side planks, front/side raises... could try squats with hands out to the collars?

7. jarude

jarude Senior member

for some reason, front/side raises aggravate my forearm something fierce... even band lateral raises hurt like hell. i cant really grip anything, so i can do stuff with straps with the weight just hanging at my side but not much else. ill try the squats thing, never thought of that.

i just got a copy of kelsos shrug book and there are a lot of really nifty movements in there. i will probably end up doing something like

8. skeen7908

skeen7908 Senior member

Meh go fuck yourself.

I thought he said front.

9. tesseract

tesseract Senior member

The drawing of the guy on the cover of kelsos shrug book is so disproportionate it makes me uncomfortable.

10. Eason

Eason Senior member

First workout of the year sucked BBC and gagged

a week of little/no sleep did not help me to get ready for breaking PRs

11. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Come on guys its a new year

12. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

I've been deloading this week. 50% squat @ 195lbs 5 x 5 felt heavy.. wow ..

13. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

Did you deload to lower than 50% in the first place, or is that just where you are at now?

14. Eason

Eason Senior member

50% deload at 195 5x5? So you're squatting almost 405 for a 1RM? Then I'm very jealous.

15. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Bah meant 60%. 325 Max. 400+ squat is my goal for my next meet. I have to find one first, I'll be traveling during a local one in March :(

Nah, just took a week of a standard 5/3/1 deload of 60% on all my lifts. Then decided to do 5 x 5 with it.

16. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

Ah gotcha, was thinking of doing a deload myself, but with a month left of bulk does not make sense, should have thought about it earlier

17. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Nice. What's the final weight going to be?

18. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

Looks like i'll end up between 210-215, started at 180 last February 2012, with a couple of indecisive bouts here and there. So pretty much put on 30-35lbs in my first year of lifting. If after my cut I retain 18-20lbs of muscle i'll be happy for the time being. At this point I think my body is so accustomed to being a fat fuck, that i'm experiencing diminishing returns on my gains, though I definitely AM still getting stronger, it's coming at a slower pace than even 2-3 months ago. In hindsight, I definitely got ahead of myself on this bulk, and a lot of folks here advised me against that; but I did it anyway, and i'm glad I did to be honest. I could have been smarter and ate at a 500 surplus and done a very slow controlled bulk, but I don't think I would have learned half as much, nor would it be as much fun. My goal weight is to get back down to 180ish, and see how I look. Going to be very interesting. Also, call me a phaggot but I really miss having a defined face + jaw line haha, i'm almost more excited about that then the idea of potentially having a 6 pack or whatever. Talking about 6 pack, first place I gained weight was my stomach, then face, have a feeling that the fat deposits everywhere else will go relatively quickly, but stomach and face will be stubborn as shit. It's weird cause my shoulders/chest/traps/forearms are still pretty lean, but stomach, ass and thighs are thick as fuck. Like looking at this picture you'd never think I was as fat as I am.
    [​IMG]
    meh And for shits and giggles what I pretty much looked like pre-bulk after lifting for a few months and losing the skinny fat look
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  19. Thearkly

Thearkly Senior member

Started clean & press

Edit: Who uses lifting gloves. I like my hands nice, soft and feminine.

20. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

Fuck, mirin dat beard Mark

2 people like this.