Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Get in my head.

2. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

About promises regarding training and such:

I had a pretty close friend approach me two months ago or so saying he had seen Skyfall and that he wanted to get the supposedly swole upper body of Daniel Craig (wtf). In an attempt to not make him a full on gym bro, I asked him if he was committed to make actual lifestyle changes and if so, I would guide him and be sort of a personal trainer. I don't believe an half assing shit and when I commit to something, I do it the absolute best I possibly can. He had never gone to a gym before but had been running for a while and I figured if I set him up with a good routine and diet advice, he would get the best results.

So I wrote a long ass 7 page guide covering everything from nutrition (macros, food chices, calories) to the actual lifting (stripped 5x5) to proper form and mobility training. I even rescheduled my lifting so he could come with me and I could look over his form. My own workouts suffered from this, of course.

After 2 weeks, he stopped calling me. Didn't show up to class. Met him some days ago and when I asked what the fuck he had been doing, he just told me he "had been sick" (no, you haven't been sick for over a month) had decided lifting was not for him since "he doesn't want to get huge". Still, he's eating 200g protein per day without lifting [​IMG]. He told me he might want to start working out with me again, but I told him he can't. He can come with me when I train, but I won't help him any longer.

TLDR: if you ask someone for something they take seriously and they really commit to helping you out, you simply don't flake.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2013

3. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Whenever someone asks me to train them I tell them to purchase SS(have never read it myself...just want to see if they're serious enough to actually put it some effort) and meet me at the gym at 5am. I tell them ill give them an entire free session...they just have to buy me a footlong at Subway.

Out of the couple dozen people I've told this too, not a single person has taken me up on it. Without exception they look the same or worse than they did before asking.

4. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

I told my friend that too, buy SS and meet me at the gym. Taught him how to squat the bar and now he squats 450lbs :(

5. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Conceptionist, don't let guide go to waste! I'll read it if you send to me.

Jarude's helped me a lot. I'm not perfect, but I've stuck with it. Been making progress, a bit slow, but it's coming.

6. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Coming Soon: TK's Comprehensive Guide to Acquiring Aesthetics and Slaying Hoodrats

7. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Made my own 130grams of carb intra workout shake, trying to avoid dat yellow -5

8. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

Wtf a 7 page guide.

I just sent two of my buddies a guide. It was a couple paragraphs.

9. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

LIkewise, i'd love to check it out. Also, where is Jarude's guide, have not seen it, do you have a link?

10. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Yep looks good^

Only thing i would change is that if going for super low BF, carbs and fats probably matter.

But noobs have no need for that

11. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

jarude needs to finish his fucking guide on how to fucking swim is what jarude needs to do

also MarkI how's shit going?

12. Axelman 17

Axelman 17 Senior member

Hit 305lbs DL today, so tantalizingly close to three plates. Grip issue I had before wasnt a problem this time. Maybe I was just more ready for it. Maybe it is because I clapped my hands together like a moron before pulling.

Bad news is that this Patellofemoral Syndrome thing is really acting up. I had thought it hurt most at lock-out but actually, the pain is pretty bad when I really push my feet into the ground when pulling. I think the weight isnt be borne enough by my thighs and thus is inflaming my knee. Only thing PT suggested was to foam roll my IT band like crazy. Pretty frustrating, may need to take time off from DLing entirely.

13. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

Lol i also had a guy who agreed to start training at the gym with me, asking loads of questions and saying how keen he was. He no showed for the first session, a couple weeks later i ask what happened? He says he is still up for it but hurt his shoulder and has to wait for that to heal. Shortly after his facebook status changes to "in a relationship" and i never hear from him again.

14. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

No guide per se though he did send me a routine and diet outline. I just pester him with questions :hide:

15. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

Good buddy, how bout you? We should workout together again one of these days.