Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Fuji, now I'm like that with people that say they want to train with me. If they want to train, they can come by at a certain time but in no way, shape, or form, am I'm waiting for them or making any training adjustments to incorporate him/her.

2. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

if the said conference was important enough and increased my lifetime income enough I'd surely fuck my friends right off.

but i probably would not have made any commitments beforehand anyways if i knew such a thing was coming up.

and also im a major asshole.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2013

3. fuji

fuji Senior member

Got 18 chinups today, feels good man. More then rippletits, I'm such an elite lifter.

4. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

if you want to make your profs cream their pants, make sure to sprinkle your solutions with references to classic papers whenever the related models come up.

although its more of a thesis thing though.

5. mrchariybrown

A lot more things in life more important than money, but I guess it's different for everyone.

6. gort

gort Senior member

Another way to look at it is lifting is a hobby for you which shouldn't supercede your friend's career. Anyways it sounds like this was an optional and/or unimportant conference and he chose accordingly.

7. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

Being a "man" (or a good person in general) also means understanding that others might have different priorities than you, and to respect that difference.

Nothing wrong with going to the conference provided he told you as soon as possible.

8. fuji

fuji Senior member

We learn 2 models for macro. Aggregate demand model where the short run aggregate supply is completely sticky and the solow growth model with technological and population growth. For micro we learn the competitive market, monopolistic competition, monopoly, and oligopolys where demand decreases linearly and marginal costs are constant. Are there any classical papers on models that simple? First year econ is easy as fuck. I know a bit of extracurricular econ but not much, just some neoclassical stuff because its my favourite econ, dat der economical man concept hnnnnng

9. Khayembii Communique

Sure look up Carl Menger.

10. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

this was the gist of what i was trying to say.

e. lol austrian economics

11. fuji

fuji Senior member

I don't think we really have questions where I would have the chance to write about the history of economics. We don't have to do any history of economics courses. All my courses are very quantitative they will be asking to find stuff like what production of goods would satisfy the Nash cournot equilibrium and what would be the firms profit at that point not about its history. We don't even mention John Nash (I thought his name was Steve lul) just that there is an equilibrium called the Nash cournot equilibrium and oligopolys should try to reach it even though it doesn't maximise profit.

12. mrchariybrown

That's good and all but then don't make a promise to being with. Also, note that I didn't tell him he couldn't/could go - I didn't say anything like that. Before I said anything, he said "nevermind."

Conference wasn't all that important but it was a nice opportunity for him for a get a nice, free trip to Cancun. But he put that aside for his training (training for the meet always) and his word to me. THAT was my point.

13. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Bros don't let bros miss getting a sick tan :p

14. Khayembii Communique

That's where modern microeconomic theory originates, which is why it's so dumb.

@fuji, you don't learn the history because they don't want you to see how dumb most modern economic theory is.

15. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

I severely underestimated how important sleep is to being able to perform. Tried going to the gym this morning after an all nighter of studying, eventually just decided to leave as I could not move any weight.