Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

do nsaids have an effect o nmuscle tone? had to pop some ibuprofen prior to training and i was totally loose, not in a good way. all the sharpness was gone.

2. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

I've been taking 1g a day for the last week lol so I hope not

3. fuji

fuji Senior member

Ritalin is a sickening appetite suppressant, the EC stack cannot compare. I find EC kind of staves off hunger so I take it just as I get hungry and then like I can last a few hours before I have to eat, but I literally cannot eat on ritalin, I haven't eaten today and I'm still not at all hungry.

4. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

is there a substance you dont abuse fuji?

5. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

How big deficits are you guys running while cutting, since you have to take stuff to suppress your appetite?

I do 800-900 deficits (-30-35% of maintenance) on rest days and I just drink some black coffee throughout the day. Never been that hungry during this cut. Two big meals of at least 700 cals consisting of 80-100 g of protein from meat + some green veggies does wonders. Snack on some slow digesting protein with berries or fruit in between the meals and I'm good.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2013

6. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Has anyone considered the fact that you could probably save money by joining planet fitness while bulking? Pig out with the tubbies on pizza night.

7. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

Can't lift no heavy weight though.

8. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Who goes there to lift?

9. gort

gort Senior member

Is that the gym that doesn't let you grunt?

10. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Giving 1000x a dose of drug X could kill them

Caffeine and aspirin could kill you. Unaware of anyone dying of testosterone at safe doses.

11. fuji

fuji Senior member

I suppose we would be better off referring to natural bodybuilding as no AAS or HGH bodybuilding. Don't know if they actually test for other stuff that would be considered unnatural like beta antagonists or other hormones and peptides.

12. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

I don't think you're understanding what I'm saying. My point was that one has to make an arbitrary call about what is "healthy" and what isn't; just because it's arbitrary doesn't make it wrong.

"dying" of testosterone at "safe" doses is something that is extremely difficult to prove. it's obviously not going to cause you to drop dead on the spot but it does have the potential to cause heart disease, cancer, infertility etc. later in life.

Now clearly if one is suffering from insufficient endogenous production then that warrants supplementation, but don't you think that it's quite reasonable to say that supplementation on top of a normal endogenous range could be described as potentially "unhealthy"?

Certainly more so than a cup of coffee or an aspirin, anyway.

13. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

My original point wasn't really about safety or even being healthy, though.

It was saying that we ALL use pharmacologics to our advantages and for some reason pick and choose which ones are moral and which are immoral.

14. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Thinking peak week will look like this:

Tuesday: 3 gallons water, 5g sodium, 0 carbs
    Wednesday: 2.5 gallons water, 3g sodium, 0 carbs
    Thursday: 1.5 gallons, 2g sodium, 0 carbs
    Friday: 1.5 gallons, 1g sodium, 500 carbs in evening
    Saturday, .5 gallons, minimal sodium, 400 carbs
    Sunday: show

Might make some adjustments but that'll be the general idea.

15. jarude

jarude Senior member

we pick and choose because of the effects they have. i mean, one provides undeniable, quantifiable and significant positive impact on lean tissue growth. the other is just a cup of coffee that wakes you up in the morning. i think that the "arbitrary" argument is valid to a certain extent, but at some point i think an absolute line can be drawn. its one thing if we're judging a guy for smoking a joint instead of drinking a beer, since the two are arguably even-ish in terms of effect and its pretty silly that one is illegal and immoral and the other is not. then there's making the connection between gear and aspirin by calling them "unnatural" and making a blanket justification for gear use on that basis, which is a stretch. the absolute effect of something should be taken into account when we're talking about what is illegal/immoral/stupid and what is not, which is why society views crackheads and junkies as fuck-ups and potheads as being relatively benign in comparison.

i think its valid to view someone's progress and accomplishments differently with gear than without, depending on the context and intent. if someone has reached their the upper area of their genetic potential and using gear is the "final frontier" of making progress towards someone's life goal of accomplishing X at a meet where everyone else is juicing then sure, juice away. relative ethics certainly apply. on the other hand, if its some average gymrat juicing because he's impatient and wants to flex at himself in the mirror and slay pussy with his newfound swoleness, you're damn right i'm going to think less of his accomplishments.

with that being said i will largely agree with you that in the end, it has no effect on me personally whether or not someone is juicing. that doesn't prevent me from looking at their progress and accomplishments through a different lens. not to mention TK... you were the one who said itt that you could always just accuse guys more swole and aesthetic of you as being cheating juicers :stirpot: