1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

I was actually 8 when it came out in 99 : / didn't see it till a few years later.

2. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

Troy Brad Pitt > Fight Club Brad Pitt.

3. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

Dat feel when you wake up and look in the mirror and look fucking awesome for a while before your brain wakes up enough to start criticizing. Chest still underdeveloped but it's getting better.

4. tesseract

tesseract Senior member

So dry right when I wake up.

5. steveochk

steveochk Member

A lacrosse ball will work some for your calves, but I was never able to really work on my calves after running in minimalist shoes or cycling without a Tiger Tail or Marathon Stick. A foam roller isn't going to cut it.

6. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Been in the 12-10 rep range on squat bench ohp for a few weeks. Lost some lbs with the volume but going down to the 5s this week I felt like a beast, felt way stronger.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
  7. tesseract

tesseract Senior member

High volume blows me up.

8. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Charly from what you seen going to meets and stuff what do you think is a good weightclass for someone like myself 5'7.5"? Or does powerlifting not have a heigh/weight ratio bias like olympic lifting / bodybuilding?

9. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

For someone just starting off? 165. But to be honest.. it doesn't really matter. 181-198 is really good class for someone your height int he future.

10. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Gotcha. I'm 181 class right now, hover around 193-197. It's certainly not 100% quality mass.. but I figure If I aspire to be in this weightclass why not just be that weight now and slowly fill out as my lifts go up.

Wish I had a crystal ball to see how I fill out a year from now :p Seems like I'm doing all the right stuff though.

11. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

BB.com offering 50k for whoever has the "best transformation" this spring. The start date happens to correspond with the first day of my cut and I'll be doing contest prep during the spring. Winning a prize would be just icing on the cake for this prep.

I seriously feel like I'm in this cocoon just waiting to come out. I can tell I'm making awesome gains this bulk, but it's all hidden under body fat. Chest, lats, and calves have blown up. Shoulders and traps still lag somewhat but are starting to catch up since I've changed things up. I can tell my abs are bigger and will be more prominent. I can't wait for spring to roll around so I can see my hard work pay off.

1 person likes this.
  12. fuji

fuji Senior member

BRB getting fat as fuck and bloated before the competition then buying loads of gear and making all kinds of gains through the spring, come at me 50k or is it 50k reps?

Bruised my ribcage on front squats. Did 120kg, on the way up I leaned a bit forward, belt went up and pushed into my ribs. Feels bad.

13. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

they automatically add 50k posts to your BB account

4 people like this.
  14. Donut

Donut Senior member

Need a form check on Sumo DL's.

From what I can tell I need to keep my lower back more neutral

15. speedy4500

speedy4500 Senior member

PR hang clean at 300lbs (136kg) this week. Pretty pleased with that. Still wish my body wasn't so poorly proportioned for squats.

:fonz: I'm in the same boat. Although I'm more concerned with body composition as a means to an end--where that end is a 300kg total--I also have put on some decent size since going full throttle in October. Had to buy some new clothing up a size (or two) in the last month; nothing special just cheap shit. Definitely growing that thick weight lifter torso, and even my arms are getting some extra attention as I've found that benching is helping with lock-out on the jerk and snatch and rows are helping with the pulls. As a side note, apparently Klokov and Ilyin will do "body-building" type isolation exercises to emphasize weaknesses, so now I don't feel like a traitor for hitting up the curl bar or cable machine from time to time :eek:

I'm gonna keep going until mid-February since I have a wedding to attend at the end of March. I'll go on a bit of a diet for 5-6 weeks in an effort to drop any unnecessary padding and fit into my nice suits for the wedding. I have a feeling I may need to hit up the tailor for some alterations anyway, and/or wear my suit with (gasp) pleated pants.

1 person likes this.
  16. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Looks a bit like you're squatting the weight up to me, and doing the deadlift in two distinct phases. I think this applies:

17. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Yea, I wana look like that dude. Looks like he has a torn quad too

18. tesseract

tesseract Senior member

Post the link I'd compete.

19. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

If you want to sumo deadlift properly, definitely listen to Chris's video that VSLI posted.

The couple times I've chatted with Chris about my sumos, the tips he gave me were a godsend.

One other thing that has helped me a lot is bringing my stance wider and wider - albeit, very gradually week by week.

20. fuji

fuji Senior member

I've crushed my foot with a warm up weight before. Generally have my toes about a half inch or so from the plates. Considered putting a few 10kg plates on first so I have more room.

I am so excited for my new gym, getting nice rogue equipment, proper benches, non poverty dbs, rubber flooring and bumpers. Can't wait to drop some 2 plate jerks over my head whilst screaming. RHET has been very peaceful lately, wondering how long it'll be till the next bish fest. Do you think the distribution of bitch fests follows say an exponential distribution in the aspect that it is memoryless or if the fact that it has been a while increases the chance.