Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. fuji

fuji Senior member

You look sick brah. Making me not feel so bad about cutting at 185lb and the same height as you

2. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

You're down around 6-7%.. RIPPED! But damn, you need at least a bit of mass on you, man. Good for fashunz I guess.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2013

3. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

you about as ripped and skinny as a meth addict

4. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

Thanks guys.
    Yeah, I feel a bit too skinny at the moment. Only reason I continue now is to feel like I accomplished my goal of taking it as far as possible. Some days I really look shitty though, like a meth addict as Coldsnap said. Dark rings under eyes and sunken cheeks, etc. Some clothes that were tight are now very loose. Can't wait to start eating more and see what happens with the lifting, as I've actually been able to sustain or increase the weights during this cut [​IMG]

@Fuji
    Yeah, I was 187 when I started the switch from bulk -> recomp - > cut in the beginning of march.

A warning though even if it is expected, is that I've shrunk a fair bit. Chest have gone from 42" to 41, arms from 13.5 to 12.5, thighs from 23.5 to 21.5 and waist from 33 to 29.

5. jarude

jarude Senior member

hahahah holy shit man you are fucking shredded. awesome work, thats a great accomplishment. motivating me to keep cutting and put off my planned epic cheat day a little longer...

6. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Ffs stop cutting

7. fuji

fuji Senior member

Miring how your arms look pretty sick at 12.5" when your 6'3". Did you loose much strength. I am pretty much doing the exact same thing you did, but with 10lb more of bodyweight. I am fearing the strength loss, it hasn't started yet because i've reduced the number of sets I do to increase intensity so I can use pretty much the same weight I used before, but it's getting hard to maintain that. Pull ups are so much easier now though.

Only meth addict I know isn't 6% bf nor does he really have any muscle on him, I don't think they tend to be aesthetic. He's a PHD student studying anthropology naturally. Defo would not be able to do a PHD in stats or econ whilst taking meth.

8. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

What are your lifts?

9. shibbel

shibbel Senior member

FYI, if any of you guys are doing the Madcow/Stronglifts type workouts, the Multi-Year workout app is like the best thing ever. It auto calculates increases, warmup sets and has several workout templates to play with.

10. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

Getting Yohimbine HCL in the mail next week. Gonna attempt to stack it with EC, will monitor BP/RHR as I dose up to ensure I don't get all fucked up. Started back on my old hypertrophy prog to maintain gainz, still stretching and rolling to maintain postural correction gainz. Was at 179 this morning.

11. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

You're gonna zyzz out on us

Good night sweet prince..

12. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

What is the name in the app store?

Finally over my tendonitis in my arms, back to making ALL KINDZ OF GAINZ in the gym. Fuck arm wrestling, never do that shit again.

13. gort

gort Senior member

If you want to know your max go try it! That said, I believe one of the formulas that is used is:

((weight x reps) / 30) + weight

14. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

Nah, haven't lost much strength at all. Only lifts that have suffered are rows, deadlifts and benching variations, and those are only down by
    5 lbs and a couple of reps. Front squats, pull ups, all arm and shoulder work have gone up by 10-15 lbs since the beginning of the cut.

I think I can attribute the minimal strength loss to
    1) lowering the volume of the lifts. I only do the compounds for 3 sets of 3-10 reps and most assistance for 2 sets of 10-12. I've never been a fan of high volume routine. Bores me and makes progression hard to track imo. I just do IA SPBR as it's written and rotate the assistance lifts and rep schemes.
    2) the way IF Leangains cutting structures the diet. On lifting days, I hit maintenance calories and eat at 80-100% of all calories post workout.

Very low [​IMG]. Recent PR's:

Conventional Deadlift: 250 lbs x 6
    Front Squat: 165 x 8
    Bench: 160 x 4

15. shibbel

shibbel Senior member