1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

Got my Secret Santa

Thanks VLSI!

(its kinda blurry, but the package is addressed to My Little Brony)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
    3 people like this.
  2. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

I have that foam roller it is fucking amazing.

3. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Is there a super cheap wrist thing that tells your BPM?

4. skeen7908

skeen7908 Senior member

5. Van Veen

Van Veen Senior member

[​IMG]
    [VIDEO][/VIDEO]

1 person likes this.
  6. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

Yeah this is what I was thinking, it gives you much more padding and also makes it much harder to take the weight at the wrists instead of your back, which can fuck your elbows. What is the advantage of having elbows forward?

Also, if I'm doing ab wheels is there an ideal rep/set number? Like am I better with 3 sets of 10 or 10 sets of 3? My abs sorta suck.

7. Transcendental

Transcendental Senior member

Elbows "forward" can help certain people hold upper back extension, keeping it from rounding. For others, it doesn't help. There may be other benefits that I am missing. I can squat basically the same with elbows back as with elbows forward, but I feel tighter and more stable with a closer grip elbows in line with torso type deal. Just .02

8. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

Yeah, he's a good exception and actually squats very similar to what Rip teaches.

Love Mike's cerebral approach to training. Extremely well thought out system for training to your own needs and around your individual circumstances. His RTS system with TRAC, the software programs, RPE's and Fatigue %'s really appeal to me with its nerdy nature. Most def gonna try it out later on.

9. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Teekay you got a line on a great lat isolator? sort of something that helps with the minds eye thing. Three second paused bent over rows has helped, but looking for something to incorporate into my pump routine.

10. gort

gort Senior member

Going to a work event with wife on Friday to honor a world famous doctor and unsure if any of my slacks fit. :embar:

11. GraphicNovelty

any tips on foam rolling calves? every time i do it i feel like i'm doing it wrong and it hurts afterwards.

i also did it before and i had one of my worst runs since i started running again.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
  12. Khayembii Communique

Just bought a W+H Mac Coat on Gilt final sale for $150, erred on the large side. Doesn't fit me now but worked out perfectly, just need the stomach taken in a bit and after bulking some more it should fit perfect for next winter. :slayer:

Did the same thing with a Brooks Bros. dress shirt, my fat neck makes it so damn hard to buy shirts that aren't fucking tents in the arms but I think I'll be able to grow into this one.

GN why would you wanna foam roll calves? I'm cringing just thinking about it.

13. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Do this instead. Shove a lacross ball between your calf and hamstring, grab your shin and crank on it towards you to create pressure, then move your foot in circles stopping at places it hurts. Should release your calves like crazy. If you really feeling good push yourself into a full depth squat with the lacross ball between your calf and hamstring. Dude in the video is doing it weird, but it's useful for an idea of what to do.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

14. Khayembii Communique

BTW never used straps before, when you put the second strap on you just wrap it around the bar with that hand and then motorcycle-rev it to tighten it, right?

15. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

16. GraphicNovelty

Zero drop shoes + Incline on treadmill makes my ankles tight as fuck.

OTOH if i keep this up i'm gonna have beastly calves come summer (if only my ankles and feet weren't tiny :/)

will try that.

17. Eason

Eason Senior member

dat der motivation

18. gort

gort Senior member

[​IMG]

19. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

I can't get behind the elbows

Just make sure you are wrapping it the correct direction. I see a lot of noobs using them incorrectly.

20. tesseract

tesseract Senior member

wah where is my secret santa gift.