Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

Ah, couldn't watch the video at work, didn't know you were talking bout single rep.

I usually sit down right after squatting if I feel light headed but that doesn't really prevent it from happening I suppose.

2. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Yea, I don't really recommend you hold your breathe for multiple reps unless it's a bench press for a few reps. :)

3. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

So, I have anxiety and some muscular tissue soreness in chest. Going back for an echo later as a follow up. BP is 120/59 with 48 heart rate / pulse. Need to fast for the blood works so going back Saturday... Ugh

4. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

clarence better stop that benching maybe then he won't bomb his jerks

:laugh:

5. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

If you feel like you're going to pass out, grip your hands together and pull, grip something with maximal grip, or cross your legs and tense your legs, arms, and glutes.

6. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

like fighter pilots do when under g load right?

7. Towers

Towers Senior member

Tough to do halfway through a lift. I can definitely feel when I'm starting to pass out and have been able to avoid thus far (drop weights, sit with my head between my knees) it just sucks when I'm almost locked out and know I could get there, but at the same time don't want to go down like a sack of bricks.

8. jarude

jarude Senior member

Watching troops pass out during ceremonial drill was awesome

Unrelated to lifting but pretty funny nonetheless, everyone would be trying to encourage the guy in ranks to keep it together but then he'd just keel over hopefully not landing on his bayonet. Lol

9. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

I see no thoughts have been posted. I would be surprised if anyone disagreed with the video, but that's the nature of intuition. It does strike a chord with me that if it is too good to be true, than it probably is.

10. fuji

fuji Senior member

11. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

I had thoughts, just forgot to post them.

1 I dont know if the dude is trolling, or is gay and doesnt know it yet.
    2 how much of an expert on drugs and lifting in general can this dude really be.
    3 dude just seems a little slow.
    4 it is pretty despicable for people to lie, but if you are going to call someone on it you need proof.

Dude just sounds like a hater.

-----------------------------

I think I am coming up on my 1 yr anniversary of stopping the full deadlift. I have just been doing SLDLs and focusing on size. I am debating dumping the back squat too. I know it is very broish but I am OK to sacrifice those potential gains to protect my back. When I got up to 405x6 on deads I was in pain all the time

12. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

Weird thoughts, dude.

13. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Thoughts on the video?

The guy is an unaesthetic butthurt phaggot who is making a big deal over something that shouldn't be. Seriously...who gives a shit if someone is "natty" or not? The only time it could possibly affect you is if they are competing in a natty show..and this guy doesn't look like he's ever even sniffed sub-10% BF. Why WOULD any bber admit to being on gear? It's the quickest way to lose your endorsements/lose any chance of ever getting endorsements. And frankly...it's none of anyone else's business whether you do steroids or not. Dudes in steroids are still putting in the work...and in many(most) cases they're working harder than the natty guys.

What we deem as "unnatural" is completely arbitrary, anyways. Anything involving modern medicine, sports training, and nutrition is "unnatural" in it's purest form. Humans were never intended to take in 200g+ of protein a day, lift 500+ lbs, weigh as much as we do, or have as low body fat as we do. Every single aspect of weightlifting/powerlifting/bodybuilding is "unnatural". Hypertrophy training DIDN'T EXIST until recently. For some reason we've deemed it okay to take creatine, protein, and whatever other shit they sell at GNC but exogenous testosterone is for some reason a big no-no. If you tore your ACL, how "natural" is it for you to get an arthroscopic repair of it? How "natural" is it for someone to be able to take an antihypertensive for their high blood pressure?

14. Towers

Towers Senior member

steroid user detected.

jk brah.

15. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Couldn't have said it better myself.