1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. jarude

jarude Senior member

just trained with the provincial referee chairperson and his training partner. 2 hours of box squats, reverse band squats, and pulls. Their philosophy: shut up and lift.

Got some good pointers on depth and form. It was awesome training with like-minded dudes; definitely a different atmosphere. Instead of doing that Jan 4 meet I'm going to volunteer to get a feel for things.

1 person likes this.
  2. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Good idea volunteering. Don't break yourself leading up to the meet next time :p

3. jarude

jarude Senior member

Yeah. I took a few days off and tried some flossing and it feels better. The squats probably weren't the best for the elbow but I used straps for the deads... No loaded elbow extension for me for awhile. I'll take the next week off and meet up with those dudes next Friday again.

4. Donut

Donut Senior member

So my friend was shaking his shaker bottle and forgot that the lid was unscrewed. All of his Wal-Mart whey mix spilled onto my TOJ MA-1.

In other news I just finished my swim season this Wednesday and I lost about 4-5 pounds. Tested my 1RM for my 10th cycle of 5/3/1 and could not even hit 90% of the estimated 1RM. :(

5. Eason

Eason Senior member

Got 10 reps today pulling 345, 5-10 seconds between reps

Can I do 3450 for one rep then?

6. tesseract

tesseract Senior member

You aren't thinking of the curve right, you could pull at least 4500 with those numbers.

7. tesseract

tesseract Senior member

8. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

If I feel deadlifts more in my lower back than anywhere else, am I doing something wrong, or is my lower back weak comparitively?

9. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

yeah that's a recipe for a slipped disk. Your lower back shouldn't be a puller but a stabilizer for the lift. Tighten your abs, squeeze your butt and push through your heels.

Practice by putting a 25 lb plate to your chest and focus on those cues. You should feel your upper body almost "pop" up as you straighten out.

10. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

I should have said that differently, the day after I do deadlifts my lower back is more sore than anything, then comes hamstrings, then glutes. During the movement everything is fine.

11. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

Oh then that's fine. Soreness (not pain) isn't an indication of anything really

12. tesseract

tesseract Senior member

Yup always sore lower back the next day.

1 person likes this.
  13. Crat

Crat Senior member

and the day after that.

1 person likes this.
  14. Crat

Crat Senior member

I'm contemplating competing for the first time some time next year, just for the fun of it. Some random low key local thing probably.
    At 82kg bw, what kind of total should I be looking at if I'd not want to come across as a total joke? Currently (145/120/210) 475kg. I'm guessing 500+ minimum?
    SQ needs a lot of improvement :embar:

Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
  15. speedy4500

speedy4500 Senior member

Man, the seams on these Eastbay compression shorts are crap, or else I'm just too big and powerful. Seams had popped on my other 2 pair, and today with the third pair the crotch seam ripped and my right nut was hanging out the entire workout. Not cool. The material on these things is nice and thick but I'm afraid the cut and construction leaves something to be desired.

16. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Really?

You have these right? http://www.eastbay.com/product/model:156313/sku:8088495/#sku=8088091

Man, mine have held up extremely well. I wear them every squat and deadlift session.

17. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Repped 245lb bench today in ragemode. Feelin swole.

1 person likes this.
  18. poorman

poorman Senior member

what did I miss the last 2-3 months?

got lazy, stopped lifting and felt like I didn't deserve to read the thread. lol.

19. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

Nice job, I repped 225 for 3 without a spot today.

Dat feel when your squat is dangerously close to your bench.

1 person likes this.
  20. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member