Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

looks good for a random shot, you gonna look ripped under the right lights and all the other diet trickery.

2. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

How you feelin bout them lower abs? I have the same thing, where when I lean out the lower abs don't show nearly as much. Not sure I really wanna get lean enough for them to come out.

3. concealed

concealed Senior member

this is a funny phrase, i lol'd

4. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

It's water retention...srs. Had about 4g total sodium today.

That was an evening shot, in the morning the lower abs show and love handles are gone. If I did true water manipulation they would be even better.

5. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

fuck, im leaving my gym. Was 91* in there today ,failed my last press, still have heat headaches from it 3 hours later and tounge is swollen. Time for YMCA lulz

6. deadly7

deadly7 Senior member

fuu that's a lot of food. Although looking at my current body comp, apart from post-meal, I maybe need to lean out 2-3 pounds to get my desired effect. That should be more manageable.

@TJ: I don't weigh errthing, but a lot of what I eat is pretty easy to figure out (e.g. 1 tablespoon = X calories from label, etc.). From there, rough estimation hasn't served me wrong for my needs up to this point.

7. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

That simply doesn't work at low BFs. Chances are you'll never get to the BF you want or have too large of a deficit and get there too fast

8. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

According to my sale, I gained 7lb today. I don't even see how that's possible...

9. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

My yesterday: Wake up, shot of espresso and then heavy lifting = light headedness, feeling like shit, gonna faint.

Feelsbadman :(

10. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

I would highly recommend doing an Intermittent Fasting Leangains style cut. I written about it here a lot before so you might want to search the thread for more details, but it's simply goes like this:

- Eat all your food fo the day in a 8 hour window. Meal timing IS very important and you can read about it here: http://www.leangains.com/2010/04/leangains-guide.html

- Keep maintenance to -10% calories on workout days to ensure you don't lose strength. Keep protein at 1.5 LBM, fat under 50g and rest of the calories from carbs (lots of starch and veggies, moderate fruits)

- On rest days, eat at -30% maintenance calories and keep protein the same at 1.5 LBM, double the fat intake from workout days (80-100g) and drop all the starchy carbs and most fruit (<50-80g carbs).

- Lift as heavy with a focus on barbell compound lifts as you can 3x a week. Low on volume with high intensity. The reason you don't workout more is that every lifting day should be a refeed day and thus more lifting day would ruin you weekly calorie deficit. More than that and you will also probably not recover enough. Low intensity cardio on a fasted stomach in the mornings can be added as you want, but is not needed.

I've got a 2700-3100 maintenance so I get approx 1900-2000 cals on rest day and 3000 on workout days. I've cut from about 15-9% since beginning of March. You could do it faster if you drop calories a bit on workout days. You'll still be able to eat a lot of food due to the way meal timing and macros are cycled. I've pretty much never been hungry on this cut.

I'm going to start just slowly adding more calories, esp. on my rest days. Still be doing 3x a week for a month until schools out at the start of June. If I'll manage, I'll increase the calories further then and switch to a 4 split. Thinking of working up to a weekly 20% surplus where rest days are low carb maintenance and workout days are stuff my face full 30% surplus heavy carb refeeds. Gonna aim to add 2-5 lbs on the big three lifts every workout which seems possible given that I can increase the weights even while cutting.

11. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

Digital scales can brain fart and give you a bogus reading.

12. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

TKJTG mistaken for Boston bombers

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 19, 2013

13. AKang

AKang Senior member

do any of you guys use Fatgripz? thoughts on those?

14. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Fuck me. I think I broke my foot. Someone left trash on the road and I ran over it while braking. Bike went down immediately and pinned my foot while it was sliding. Sucks. What about my gainzzzzzzzzzz

Last edited: Apr 19, 2013

15. suited

suited Senior member

Looking lean, good size, too. One thing I'm working on right now (and something that might help you) is building my lats because I feel as though there's that gap between my lower back/stomach and the spot where my lats attach. Larger lats can really alleviate that perception of having more fat than you really do around your lower back/stomach, especially on a bulk.