1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. conceptionist

conceptionist Distinguished Member

I feel really skinny now at 6'3" 175 lbs. I noticed how tiny my wrists had become when I had to snap my watch in a tighter hole than ever before. I underestimated how small I would be at sub 10% bf and I think most people do when they decide to cut that far. At around 14-15%, 185, at least I looked somewhat like I was lifting whereas now I look like some skinny fitness guy with bigger legs [​IMG].

The cut's over soon though. Just two weeks left and I still manage to hit PR's almost every workout. The facial aesthetics are pretty damn motivating as well. Think I'll manage to get down to about 9% which I'm happy with and will be a good base for adding more mass when calories goes way up.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2013

2. deadly7

deadly7 Distinguished Member

Srs q: how to cut for them abs? If I'm looking a month out to lose 5 pounds, what kind of deficit would you guys recommend? I'll hit anywhere from 2300-2900cal/day depending on my dinner. The rest of my meals are pretty constant. Lift 4 days a week, cardio 2 days a week (will be more when weather is nicer).

3. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Distinguished Member

1 lb = 3500 cals
    5 lbs = 17500 cals
    17500 cals/30 days = 583, about 600 kcal deficit

That's the theory, at least. I'd run 700-900 kcal deficit personally, just to be sure. I've run 1000 kcal deficits before without any problems, but that's just me. Listen to your body.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2013

4. jarude

jarude Distinguished Member

I was unable to shake the thought of Wendy's from my head today. Cutting must be getting to my brain because I haven't quite had such a particular craving for a certain food before. Classic triple and a frosty, safe to say no calorie deficit today.

Conceptionist I second that skinny cutting feel. I'm not quite as far along as you but I'm at that worst-of-both-worlds bad point where I'm pretty dyel but lacking ab definition. Thank god you only have two weeks left, I'd be eating like a pig if I were you right now. Are you going to change your programming at all or simply introduce a surplus and see what happens??

5. TeeKay

TeeKay Distinguished Member

Do you weigh your food? Cutting is hopeless without it.

6. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Distinguished Member

Hmm i might have to go get Wendys tonight.

7. jarude

jarude Distinguished Member

Still haven't found a fast food chain that beats Wendy's. 5 guys came to Canada but its fuggin expensive and not especially fast.

Something about american junk though, had Wendy's in Michigan last time I was across and it somehow tasted better

8. fuji

fuji Distinguished Member

My cut started this week and has been good so far. Resisted the urge to buy a rasberry pie on mark down for 69p and I haven't gotten weaker yet, PRed today in fact. Kind of nice not having to cook and clean so much and just make simple food. Having 3 meals a day with a piece of fruit in between meals. 2 of the meals are some kind of meat and a vegetable and the other is 450g of yoghurt mixed with 100g of whey, using a shit tonne of ephederine to help the hunger, hotnfit ephederine guide can come at me. Expect I will look similar to conceptionist, but a bit more mass.

9. VLSI

VLSI Distinguished Member

Cookout. Especially the shakes. Except you'll have to visit coldsnap.

10. TeeKay

I honestly don't understand why you would even want both. You're gonna fuck up all your gains with that big of a deficit + stimulants. Is cutting already that difficult that you require not one but two appetite suppressants?

11. Khayembii Communique

Dude shut up

12. Coldsnap

Bro I rep Char-Grill, although cookout is pretty dope.

13. Khayembii Communique

No I've just never used YHCL before and was interested in trying it.

14. Coldsnap

Why are you cutting if you want to be 200lbs and jacked? You gotta get fat dawg first, super super fat.

15. TeeKay

Progress pic...taken just now(evening), no pump, no water manipulation, no carb manipulation.

[​IMG]/spoiler]