1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. fuji

fuji Distinguished Member

Literally don't know how boring but big can be hard 5x10x50% is nothing

2. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Distinguished Member

suppose to go up to 70%

Last edited: Apr 18, 2013

3. fuji

fuji Distinguished Member

Even that's quite light especially since your only supposed to be using 90% of your max

4. Coldsnap

You can go heavier then. 70-80% is where I can tweak form without ruining the lift, gives me extra work sets to work out what I need to fix.

5. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Distinguished Member

I don't have a blood pressure cuff but my resting heart rate right now is about 85-90bpm, on 62.5mg E 500mg caffeine. Thing is that I don't feel too stressed or like my blood pressure is high or heart is beating fast or anything. I wanted to get up to full dosage (75mg E, 600 mg C), run it for a few weeks, then if I'm at a good place try throwing some yohimbine on top but I don't know about that now, if my heart rate and bpm is too high that's probably not a good idea haha.

Not sure what my RHR was before taking EC.

GF made some vegetarian meatloaf last night. Was pretty damn good though I don't know what to call it because it's obviously not meat and didn't taste like a meatloaf.

6. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Distinguished Member

Depends on what your goals are.

I dont think 531 or SS are good beginner's programs though, to be totally honest.

7. jarude

jarude Distinguished Member

Just spent a morning hand-bombing 15hp pump motors at the metal recyclers, which are some bulky 200+lb bastards. Unfortunately, due to my use of straps I had literally no strength carryover from doing heavy compounds 3x weekly. Thus, I was reduced to a quivering, useless mess cowering meekly by while real men with functional strength who have clearly never used straps ever regardless of context did all the work for me. I must now repent at the shrine of wendler in hopes that he reverses this awful pussification that has taken hold of me. :foo:

8. TeeKay

TeeKay Distinguished Member

Getting dangerously close to sub-180. Weighed at 182.5 today. Gonna be a weird feel stepping on and seeing 179....feelssmallman

9. milosh

milosh Senior Member

Thanks to everyone weighing in on 531 so far.

I don't really have any powerlifting ambitions but I'd like to become an intermediate lifter by the end of the year. I've progressed faster than I anticipated on SS but it's starting to be really hard to maintain the progression and keep good form.

I'm 6'2, 90kg and currently my 5rms are:

Bench 80
    Press 60
    Squat 100
    Deadlift 120
    Clean 65

10. Khayembii Communique

How tall are you? My big long term goal right now is to hit 200 with sub-10% bf. Gonna take forever without gear. I'm about to hit the 170s once again, too, though I'm 5'7 and definitely chubbier than you.

What's your opinion on running Yohimbine with EC? You're the dude arguing about BP, right? I don't know my RHR before going on EC but I think I should be ok as long as I monitor my blood pressure.

11. TeeKay

TeeKay Distinguished Member

5'10".

I honestly don't know enough about yohimnine to have an educated opinion about it.

12. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Distinguished Member

>5rm
    >clean

pick one

13. milosh

milosh Senior Member

Sorry that's a mistake, I did power cleans in sets of 3. Highest weight lifted in a set of 3 was 65kg.

14. Coldsnap

It sure would be nice to be 200lbs sub 10% bodyfat at 5'7.. That's a tall order though.

15. Khayembii Communique

Yohimbine HCL is an alpha antagonist so combining with ephedrine, a beta agonist, can be dangerous due to increased blood pressure and resting heart rate (though the combination works really well if your heart doesn't explode haha). Think I'm going to just track those for a while when I hit full dosage E then maybe start with 2.5mg Yohimbine HCL once a day and see how it goes. Running a 500-1000 kcal deficit and taking creatine, too. Not sure how muscle retention is going because I'm not on the same prog. :(