• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random health and exercise thoughts

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
BTW - I STILL can't get over how completely different you look. Man, I still remember the first pic you posted on here. I was like "I sure as **** hope there's no strong winds where he lives..."

I<3Bacon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Forgot about that kid with the Fred Perry polos, glasses, and smiles when I met fuji (and GN).

That kid is dead now.

Last edited:

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oh, maybe just my screen. Looks like you have a pirate patch.

TeeKay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally got my lat and trap veins this week.:slayer:

Now if my daggone legs would hurry up!

On another note...gonna start doing hair removal this weekend. Yikes.

Flame

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Zerchers done correctly.

Oly or PL style?

Also zerchers or snatch grip DL? Looking to build posterior strength, esp hammies and low back. Already doing RDL and DL once a week, and GHR twice.

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

lol wat dom mazetti can actually do strict form muscle ups.

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What do you guys think about 531?

531 should raise any intermediate lifter's 1rm and you can manage your assistance as you see fit.

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For hammies and low back I'm a huge fan of banded dB good mornings but Ive never put time into zerchers so there's that.

As far as 531 goes i've had success with sub maximal programming like that while cutting but I'm not a huge fan of the routine as a whole. Too much opportunity to get distracted by minor details like dicking around with assistance work, plus not enough rep work on main lifts. I also don't like the idea of prescribed reps but that's a preference thing so YMMV.

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Always thought of zerchers as a mid back movement. I did them from a dead stop with a sumo stance. Would set the bar on pins so when i got into my stance I was at parallel and basically drop the weight at the top of the rep because they hurt ******* loads.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

What do you guys think about 531?

Love it. Maybe I'm biased because the two people who taught me how to lift have been running 5/3/1 for years now. One friend has a 700lb deadlift at 220lbs bodyweight. I think it's an extremely simple program that can be followed really easily for a beginner, and once you start to understand your weaknesses and strengths the assistance work gives you a lot of room to work on things.

As for not enough sets on the main lifts; you can always do boring but big. I run that just about every other month, it can get brutal but it works.

Last edited:

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You could always do 3x10 at 50% of the main lift as one of your assistance exercises.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads