Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

EC isn't really a miracle drug...a bit of appetite suppression is all you can really expect. I think it works well as a pre workout stim too. If you're expecting fat to fly off or to never feel hungry, that's not really the case. It's just enough to make eating at a small deficit(500-1000)/day bearable for a prolonged period of time.

2. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

At this point I have no idea wtf you're talking about.

3. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Fine let me phrase it this way:

You said unfortunately EC isn't affecting you that much...what the fuck were you expecting it to do?

4. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

My left groin / adductor is tender to the touch and has limited ROM. Uh Oh :O I think it's just from playing on a trampoline for an hour on saturday.

time to take this car polisher to it.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2013
  5. fuji

fuji Senior member

You can if you want. We can all lift together <3

Wednesday would be push day for me, so you can see my poverty lifts or thursday would be deadlift day.

Your staying really far out of london, like even though it is in London I could probably get from Cambridge to central faster then you will be able to.

6. fuji

fuji Senior member

fuark first ever double post

7. AKang

AKang Senior member

Can anyone recommend a good 5x5 program in a 3day split? Or any program that will help build some mass and increase strength?

8. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

9. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Looks simple and effective.

10. AKang

AKang Senior member

11. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Akang dont forget to eat more too. Just because your lifting weights doesnt mean you will be packing on muscle mass, you gotta give your body ample amount of food.

12. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

Yes. For best results, track your calories using the livestrong or myfitnesspal apps and try and get 1 gram protein per bodyweight daily and eat 500 extra calories above your maintenance per day (the rest of your calories being whatever mix of carbohydrates and fats that work for you). This will put you on a path to 1 lb gained per week.

Also, some people like to supplement creatine monohydrate (5 g/per day) which helps improve your lifts and is cheap (I mix it with a whey shake post-workout).

Good luck!

13. AKang

AKang Senior member

Yeah, for sure. Charly has been advising me on that as well.
    Thanks, just need to be committed to the insane increase in caloric intake, and stay consistent with it.

14. AKang

AKang Senior member

Yeah, I recently picked up micronized creatine powder and been reading up on the "importance" of the loading phase. Is it really necessary? I am seeing mixed reviews about it too... and that the creatine can be taken anytime of the day too. I've been on it for about 3 days now, just taking in 5-10g of it right after my workout with whey protein and if i want to take a second serving, i take it right before i go to bed with just ice water. The bottle tells me to take it 4 times a day, which is 20g a day for 5 days, again, is this necessary? Also, thanks for that myfitnesspal app, definitely will be using that on the daily.

15. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Fuck creatine.. you don't need it if you eat enough red meat.

Read: you should be eating a lot of red meat (white meat, all different colors of meat).

When I took creatine in the past my blood tests would always come back with excess creatinine (not so good for you liver).

My coach told me its a waste of money if I eat enough red meat. Listened to him, stopped taking creatine, and now my creatinine levels are on the upper ends of normal range.. about 1.15 mg/dL.. without even taking any.

That's just my two cents. Maybe your body is more efficient at getting rid of waste, or maybe you don't eat enough meat. But that's just my experience.

If you, or anyone else still wants to take it, buy mine that just sits there for cheap lol